South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
14:08

Share Icon

VZ: Mr. Dewani did not take R15 000 as agreed by you. He took only R10 000.

ZT: As to how much money the accused had in his pocket, I wouldn't know, because I can't get into his pocket. But as to where & how much, that's what we agreed.

VZ: Now I'm putting it to you that he took what was in his wife's handbag and R4 000 for expenses.

14:08

ZT: Whether he had the full amount or not, we don't know as much as the defence does not know how much he had.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/LIVE-Dewani-in-court-day-15-20141105

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 2m2 minutes ago

VZ: I put it to you he took R10000 with him and he had about R4000 with him for expenses.

VZ: would you agree he took a huge chance, in your words to "short pay" them?

Tongo: we don't know how much money he had on him

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 4m4 minutes ago

VZ: and he knew that was something his wife would enjoy,he asked you if you could organise, you said you had contacts.

moreover you said you could get a good rate.

Tongo: nonsense and lies, I don't know any pilot.

VZ: accused will further say you gave him a business card and he stored your number on his blackberry...he said he would call you he had to check in, you said you had time and he would park in wait for you.

Tongo: double lies!

14:14

VZ: Mr Tongo, the accused will say that after you arrived at the Cape Grace and as he was paying you, he will say you again repeatedly offered to assist him with tours. Did you offer to assist with tours at that stage?

ZT: Correct.

VZ: He will also say, while he was paying you, he was interested in a private helicopter trip, as a surprise for his wife. He then asked you if you could organise a helicopter trip as a surprise. You had said to do a private tour. What do you say to that.

ZT: That's just nonsense and lies. There is no pilot that I know. There is a place that I know I would normally tale my people to but we never discussed anything to do with a helicopter.

VZ: the accused will say you gave him your business card and stored your number on his BlackBerry cellphone...

14:18

VZ: He said he'll call you later, he wants to check in. You said you have some time and will wait.

ZT: Those are double lies. What I'm telling is the truth. What the accused said is that he has a business proposal or job for me.

VZ: The accused will say he went to the front desk, requested an upgrade, he excused himself and told his wife he is going to chat to you about some tours. You were in your car. he got in on the passenger side. He says you asked how long they will be in Cape Town for. He says he wasn't specific and said they'll be here for a few days. You again offered trips. He said what he is really interested in is a private helicopter trip.

ZT: Sir, when the accused got into the car, he never spoke about tours

14:20
ZT: What the accused said to me, as I've said, is that he has a business proposal, that he will expand my business. That is good news for me. The fact that the accused said to me to arrange a helicopter tour, he never said that to me.

VZ: He will say he wanted a private helicopter and told you about the private jet he and his wife flew in to Paris. ZT: Sir, My Lady, those are nonsense lies that are being said. The accused never said that to me.

VZ: He says you said you can get it for R20 000. He said if you can get it for R15 000 he will take it. ZT: I repeat, those are lies and nonsense.

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 2m2 minutes ago

VZ:as he approached, you were in the car, he got inside, you asked him how long he would be there for, he told you for a few days

Tongo:when the accused got into the car,he never spoke about tours. He said to me he has a business proposal.

14:21

VZ: He will further say he enquired of a place where he can exchange money at a good rate. What do you say?

ZT: Yes. That is the place I took him to. I don't know how much money he had or how much he got

14:27

VZ: He will further say he had to return from a restaurant to collect his cellphone he'd forgotten in his room.

VZ: There was a missed call from you and he returned your call. What do you say? ZT: As I've said, there was some communication on Friday and Saturday. The fact that I gave him a missed call, I can't remember.

VZ: He says you asked him if you could organise other trips for him like wine trips and he said he will discuss this with his wife and hear what she wants to do. Any comment?

ZT: Those are lies. I gave him my business card on the Friday, he saved my number, we contacted each other than evening and Saturday.

ZT: before we went to exchange the money.

14:30

VZ's going through Dewani's plea explanation and admissions i.e. SD's version of events, step-by-step. ZT refutes all.

Leila Samodien ‏@Leila_Luck 2m2 minutes ago

Shrien would say Tongo arranged a pilot who would do heli trip for them for R15,000 but it would be "off the books", says VZ.

John Webb ‏@journojohn@cbdewanitrial 45s46 seconds ago

When Shrien Dewani's version is put to Zola Tongo, he generally responds: "nonsense" or "lies".

kevinjohnbrandt ‏@kevinjohnbrandt@ANN7tv 1m1 minute ago

VZ: SD will testify Tongo stopped at the V&A Hotel for him to go to the toilet.

Tongo: that's a lie, my lady

14:40

ZT: Why would I take them to Surfside, if they made arrangements at another restaurant?

10 minute gap in feed

14:42

VZ: He will say in that conversation (as Surfside), he again asked you about the helicopter.

14:44

VZ: You asked if he had the money. What do you say to that?

ZT: Those are lies. What the accused wanted to know is where the men are.

Van Zyl says according to Dewani, while they were at Surfside for dinner, he again asked Tongo about the helicopter trip.

http://ewn.co.za/Features/dewani-live-blog

Just putting this one on as I'm interested in the helicopter trip. Interesting that Tongo denies they went to the Surfside restaurant.

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 36s36 seconds ago

Van Zyl going through Dewani's version according to his plea explanation and asks Tongo to comment.

VZ:he says at some point he received a text message from you "have you got it" or something like that. He replied "have it"

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 23s23 seconds ago

VZ: he will tell the court about how they were hijacked, the most important difference is you were in the front passenger seat
like you initially said in your statement (exhibit p9)

Tongo: my lady, that man is lying.

Tongo's range of responses this afternoon: "lies" "double lies" "nonsense" "nonsensical lies" "this man is lying"

What I can't understand, is why Tongo is lying about his own statement? In it he sat in the front passenger seat, on the stand he says he was in the back with SD and Anni? Doesn't make sense to me. :confused:

What I can't understand, is why Tongo is lying about his own statement? In it he sat in the front passenger seat, on the stand he says he was in the back with SD and Anni? Doesn't make sense to me. :confused:

I am ''guessing'' he's getting frustrated retracing old ground over and over......feeling cornered. He's not being asked open ended questions.....and using a translator ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia