Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
15;44

While SD's statement was being taken, VL says, he was getting others to locate the car and person.

VL: We had the registration number that we got from Tongo himself. We activated the dog unit, flying squad. Also arranged a helicopter that would be activated at first light. I also arranged for the identikit people to draw the identikit of the suspects and trauma counsellors.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/LIVE-Dewani-in-court-day-15-20141105

vanessa poonah ‏@vanessapoonah01 #SABCNews 21s21 seconds ago

Lutchman: Dewani refused to be counselled. He said counsellor smelled like alcohol. Counsellor is a priest.

Lutchman: Tongo also refused counselling.

Lutchman: Col Els and I went to the command centre, back to the Cape Grace. About 6:50 - 7:15 received news body found.

Lutchman: Dewani wasn't informed immediately. Received a call from his brother in the UK.

Lutchman: He wanted to break the news to Mr Dewani.

15:48

VL: Mr Dewani refused counselling, saying the counsellor was smelling of alcohol. He is a priest and doesn't drink. We requested photographs of the deceased from Mr Dewani. He didn't have at that stage. He requested to be emailed to the hotel. I had that emailed to the provincial command centre, to all police. Myself and Cnl Els went to the command centre and returned to the hotel

VL: Received a call at about 06:50 that the vehicle & body were recovered. I was at the Cape Grace hotel. Mr Dewani wasn't informed immediately. I received a call from his brother, requesting that I should hold on...

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/LIVE-Dewani-in-court-day-15-20141105

bbm; hmmm no regard for feelings/sensitivities of others trying to offer compassionate services - nice -MOO

15:52

Family seen following SD into a room at the hotel at around 09:20. VL says this is when SD received the call.

15:52

The State's Adriann Mopp to play two video clips. Hands in a narrative to the court.

15:55

Large group of family seen huddled around SD. He then walks down the passage to his room.

He sat on his bed and was crying on his bed, says VL.

15:56

VL then left and took Tongo back to the Gugulethu police station.

court adjourned for the day

vanessa poonah ‏@vanessapoonah01 #SABCNews . 4m4 minutes ago

CCTV footage Cape Grace: Dewani walking with phone, Lutchman and others.

Lutchman... Into the boardroom..

Lutchman... He went into the room he was booked into, sat on bed crying. Family tried to console him.

Lutchman: was there for about an hour after news was broken to him.

court adjourns for the day.

if truly griefstricken the priest could have smelled like garlic and I would have at least been happy for a hug......

I didn't know he had family travelling with him -- they showed up pretty quickly.

Thank you newone. :) I think tomorrow it might be about SD being grief stricken and then smiling and happy the next. Does it prove he murdered her, no. But I wonder if he was relieved. jmo

The big question, why Dewani didn't tell investigating officers about the money or the helicopter flight?

Thank you newone. :) I think tomorrow it might be about SD being grief stricken and then smiling and happy the next. Does it prove he murdered her, no. But I wonder if he was relieved. jmo

The big question, why Dewani didn't tell investigating officers about the money or the helicopter flight?

yes!!
great group effort -- I am grateful we have a lot more information ((in the last hour ))

I think the tweets have missed a bit of the info. Maybe the family arrived a day or 2 later, and that's when Lutchman followed up the investigation. SD's brother had already phoned to say he would tell SD Anni's body had been found, so they prob got flights out immediately. There must have been a gap before the interview at the hotel. They still moved fast though. Tongo reported hi-jacking to police and was interviewed and gave a statement. Lutchman says he didn't take the statement.

1. going back to restaurant because SD left a cellphone in a restaurant -- ZT refutes that
2. helicopter ride - ZT refutes that too - doesn't know any pilots

feel free to add more......

I think we can all agree they don't agree on much

Dewani’s brother said he’d break the news to the accused. Arrangements were made for a family at another hotel in Cape Town to come to the Cape Grace. They waited for the family and once they arrived, they called Dewani’s brother in the UK.

http://ewn.co.za/Features/dewani-live-blog

This is another story of a young woman in Cape Town, South Africa, Dina Rodrigues, who hired a killer to kill her lover's child -

She started plotting the murder, going to a taxi rank to hire a killer. There she met her co-accused, Sipho Mfazwe. Mfazwe recruited the other three accused – Mongezi Bobotyane, Zanethemba Gwada and Bonginkosi Sigenu.

Baby Jordan was killed on June 15, 2005.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-afr...-s-confession-rejected-1.1564036#.VFoyoTSUefU

More about Dina Rodrigues and the hiring of a hitman at the taxi rank in 2005. It cost her R10000.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Dina-How-it-happened-20070504

Dewani’s brother said he’d break the news to the accused. Arrangements were made for a family at another hotel in Cape Town to come to the Cape Grace. They waited for the family and once they arrived, they called Dewani’s brother in the UK.

http://ewn.co.za/Features/dewani-live-blog

and in the case of Tongo he claims that heard that Anni was dead from the police IIRC.

1. going back to restaurant because SD left a cellphone in a restaurant -- ZT refutes that
2. helicopter ride - ZT refutes that too - doesn't know any pilots

feel free to add more......

I think we can all agree they don't agree on much

Another thing that bothers me and I mentioned to my daughter a few days ago. After Dewani and Anni are taken to the hotel, Dewani leaves Anni to go talk to Tongo privately in his car in the car park, supposedly about trips that Tongo recommends.
This just doesn't sit right with me.

The CCTV which was played earlier in the trial by the state showed Tongo arriving in the carpark and he is off camera parking the vehicle. Then 10 minutes later Dewani is seen on CCTV walking to the car, but as I mentioned the car was not in view of the camera.
They were together up to 10 minutes in the car. :thinking:

Another thing that bothers me and I mentioned to my daughter a few days ago. After Dewani and Anni are taken to the hotel, Dewani leaves Anni to go talk to Tongo privately in his car in the car park, supposedly about trips that Tongo recommends.
This just doesn't sit right with me.

The CCTV which was played earlier in the trial by the state showed Tongo arriving in the carpark and he is off camera parking the vehicle. Then 10 minutes later Dewani is seen on CCTV walking to the car, but as I mentioned the car was not in view of the camera.
They were together up to 10 minutes in the car. :thinking:

very odd...........
(A)junkies are always able to score their drug of choice within half an hour of landing in a foreign country
(B)wonder if that is the case with people with particular preferences
(C) negotiating tour deals
(D) dialing M for Murder?

and of course none of the above could apply

wonder if SD will refute that too ((10 minutes in the car))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot