NOTGUILTY South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 2m2 minutes ago

TM: Also, if there's a lot of movement, the particles could move. It will be easy for the particles to move on leather seats because the surface is smooth. One can't deduce where the shot came from. Primer residue will settle on all exposed areas. Primer residue particles consist of Lead, Barium and Antimony

Leila Samodien ‏@Leila_Luck 2 mins2 minutes ago

#DewaniTrial The shot that killed Anni was fired in a vehicle. Mlabateki says primer residue would be found on all exposed areas in the car.

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 49s49 seconds ago

Mopp: its common cause the shot was discharged inside the vehicle. TM: primer residue can be found in all exposed areas.

Mopp: how would wind affect particles?

TM: articles lying loose on the surface, a lot of movement also affect particles.

Mopp: can one deduce from where particles are found where the shot was fired?TM: no, found on all exposed areas.

Mopp: what is secondary transfer?

TM: get in contact with cartridge, gun holster..primer residue examination can't determine whether or not a person has fired the firearm.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 3m3 minutes ago

TM: A person tests positive for primer residue for a number of reasons:

1. It's the person who fired

2. The person was within a radius of 2m from the person who fired

3. Secondary transfer

Secondary transfer = If someone comes into contact with a spent cartridge or gun holster, primer residue could be transfered

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 2 mins2 minutes ago

#DewaniTrial TM: primer residue examination can't determine whether or not a person has fired the firearm. RE

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 45s45 seconds ago

AMopp refers to photograph of the glove. Sample was analysed some time after the incident.

TM: The glove was not disturbed, as I see it on the picture. It was reserved and therefore it was possible to get a positive result. Mopp ends questioning.

Pieter Botha to cross exam

PB: If you find primer residue present, that tells us that a firearm was discharged, correct?

TM: Correct

That was over quick. Defence is already cross examining now!

PB: I'm not entirely sure of the facts you've been told before your evidence. What do you know thus far?

TM: That it was discharged in the vehicle. That there was wind as well.

PB: Where was the wind?

TM: Not sure if it was on that specific day.

PB: But if the windows are rolled up & firearm discharged in a car, wind won't play a role.

TM: Yes, My Lady

Leila Samodien ‏@Leila_Luck 55 secs55 seconds ago

#DewaniTrial Cross-exam of expert witness Mlabateki underway. Defence counsel Pieter Botha asking what she knew about circumstances of shot.

PB: When you say 'if a person tests positive', does that mean anywhere on the person's body?

TM: Yes, My Lady

PB: The evidence by Mr. Qwabe was that he never touched the firearm before or after it was discharged. Were you informed?

TM: I did not know that.

PB: That secondary transfer is then excluded from this instance, would you agree with me?

TM: If he was in the vehicle, wearing the glove, primer residue will settle on all exposed areas. If he was wearing the glove chances are high.

(NOTE: Qwabe said he picked up the bullet casing))

Infuriating! leigh Anne Jansen's picked up something witness obviously doesn't know - that Qwabe said he picked up the shell casing!

Shouldn't the state have objected to that statement of 'fact' about what Qwabe said?

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 3 mins3 minutes ago

#DewaniTrial TM: primer residue settles on exposed surfaces,if he was wearing the glove chances primer residue would end up on it are high

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 3m3 minutes ago

PB: Primer residue particles are deposited on the person who fired the firearm.

PB: Am I correct in saying that the reason the police will look for primer residue in the web area of the hand, because that would be the area most exposed to the firearm.

Well, WTH? Surely this whole line of questioning now based on a false premise that Qwabe had no direct contact with weapon or bullets, when he did?

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 4 mins4 minutes ago

#DewaniTrial Botha: so he says he never touched the gun which means secondary transfer no longer a possibility. TM: correct. RE

Imo, the DT have made their point, they will waste time again, asking the same question but worded slightly differently.

Leila Samodien ‏@Leila_Luck 1 min1 minute ago

#DewaniTrial Botha tells Mlabateki that according to Qwabe, he never handled firearm before or after the shot was fired.

Well, WTH? Surely this whole line of questioning now based on a false premise that Qwabe had no direct contact with weapon or bullets, when he did?

Exactly Z. The state are half asleep again. They need Leigh-Ann. :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back