NOTGUILTY South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Both cases have reached a outcome which is fair for the situation. It was hard to prove premeditated murder in case of Oscar and in Dewanis case it was really hard to show clear evidence of guilty in conspiracy.

~rsbm~

I don't believe it was really that difficult to prove guilt in either of those cases, and on the Pistorius thread you will see post after post where guilt was proven in the trial .. I haven't followed the Dewani trial in quite as much detail as the Pistorius trial, but I think it was similar in that in the UK, these types of cases are fairly straightforward and would've been open and shut cases whereas in SA it's all just about the judge's opinion, and the judge doesn't look at the overall picture of a case like a jury would in the UK, and where they would use a fair bit of circumstantial evidence to arrive at their verdict .. the judges in SA just seem to use their own opinion and then cherry pick various bits of 'evidence' (from witnesses they have deemed to be liars) and then deliever their verdicts (or throw out the case). I get the impression that in SA, unless a judge has video (and audio) evidence of the whole crime from start to finish, they deem it as 'not having enough evidence'.

Menzi Mthethwa ‏@Mtekway 45 Min.Vor 45 Minuten

@gwalax I'm thankful to #Dewani and OP case who have used their money to illustrate the ineffective role of SAPS and NPA to SA justice.

Agreed. To link bisexuality though, with ability to murder, which has happened numerous times here and in the media, is.

Sorry can you give any examples/links please? I've not seen anything, here or in the media, linking SD's sexuality with his ability or otherwise to arrange a murder, overtly or by implication.

'Millionaire businessman Shrien Dewani was sensationally cleared of the honeymoon murder of his bride Anni - while her outraged family shouted in disbelief.

Dewani, 34, who fought a four battle against extradition to South Africa to face his accusers, heaved a sigh of relief as Judge Jeanette Traverso dismissed the case against him.

The judge roundly condemned the evidence of the chief prosecution witness and said: "The accused is found not guilty of this charge." '

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-2864939/Judge-decide-Dewani-case.html#ixzz3LJITMCYp

would have preferred to hear that the case was ''dismissed'' due to lack of evidence as opposed to ''not guilty''.............grrr

Sorry can you give any examples/links please? I've not seen anything, here or in the media, linking SD's sexuality with his ability or otherwise to arrange a murder, overtly or by implication.

Are you serious? The minute it was even mentioned in the same sentence or article about this murder, it became a discrimatory farce. And since then, his gay experiences have been condemned, insulted, dragged through the mud. Is infidelity morally right? Probably not. Is disclosing your whole sexuality before marriage essential? Probably but depends on that person. Do EITHER of these things have ANYTHING to do with an ability to murder someone? No. IF he was in a secret relationship with someone else, and IF he wanted to end their marriage and IF he was trapped in it and couldn't and most of all, IF he was capable of having someone murdered, then there might be cause to at least INTRODUCE the evidence. However, NONE of those ifs are granted. In fact, it's quite clear that he loved her, was sexually active with her and his rendezvous with guys were purely sexual. And?! So he's sexually dishonest. That's where it ends. To make jumps from this to generalisations about men and women, judgements on his sex life and moreso, to him being able to commit murder because of it, in my opinon, stems from a homophobic element.

he's bisexual not gay. This means he is capable of having sex or LOVING both sexes, including Anni. Actually, more often than not, the times with men are purely sexual.

And where did you read he couldn't have sex with women or men?

why does a man's colourful sexual history automatically rule them out for marriage with 'any' woman in the world. Is this the same the other way round then?

Im starting to realise that a large amount of this media bias and mob 'justice' is stemming from a more deep-rooted and unspoken homophobia.

Guilty or not, I think he's a disgusting, cold, calculating, insensitive human being and I hope he gets his just desserts one day.

This represents all the irrationality for me. You wish suffering upon a man even if he is innocent and had nothing to do with the horrific murder of his wife. On top of the pain he's already felt.

Personally speaking, I find your comments derogatory and inappropriate. I’ve never been homophobic and in fact had a number of gay male friends 50 years ago, long before the days when anyone came out of the closet. Even today I still have a couple of gay friends, one being female. I find your suggestions regarding homophobia insulting to the members on this forum. Mob justice you say? Why is that? Because nearly everyone else has a different opinion to you? We’re about justice for the victims on WS and SD’s sexual preferences may well have provided him with a motive, that’s all. From what I’ve read in articles on the case, comments from lawyers, opinions expressed here together with my own personal views, I never formed an opinion one way or the other regarding his guilt. However I certainly had doubts that the State could prove its case that he was guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

Other than SD himself, who else has said he’s bisexual? Please provide a link establishing this as fact. IMO he only stated this to give himself an excuse that he wanted to get married and to take the steam out of the State’s case that he was gay. Outside the courtroom he has only ever said that he was gay on the Gaydar website and to Leisser.

He was previously engaged and his ex-fiancée said he ended the engagement because he said he could not have sex with her.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/people-news/3265/dewani-was-‘impotent’-first-fiancee-claims

More telling however is Leopold Leisser’s statement to the police. Go to this link and scroll down to View Gallery where he said on p.4, “During the last session whilst continuing the humiliation theme, I made him take the active part and have sexual intercourse with me as I believed he had never performed that role previously. ... Diwani found this extremely difficult, he was unable to perform and struggled to maintain an erection. In our previous sessions I had always taken the active part during intercourse whilst he remained completely submissive”.

http://uk.news.voxquo.com/noticia-d...honeymoon-murder-suspect-to-stay-at-his-house

Is this not enough to suggest to you that he’s unable to have sex with a man or woman?

Do you seriously believe that a heterosexual woman would knowingly go ahead with marriage to a gay man unless she had some other agenda, i.e. both were gay and it was mutually convenient to both to get married?

Re your last quote, even if he is innocent, he was shown on CCTV the morning Anni’s body was found, engaged in a phone conversation and laughing? Is this the pain he felt? Does it show that he cared for her at all? Where has he shown any sadness regarding her death?

“Sneha talked about how the funeral arrangements and how she was unhappy with the way Dewani treated the body of his murdered wife. As part of the Hindu custom Anni’s sister Ami, 37 and Sneha, 31, prepared the Swedish engineering graduate's body for her funeral”.
Sneha said she wanted to do Anni's make up one last time. “He was treating the body, not with love”.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Dewani...Anni-Bristol/story-23270479-detail/story.html

I find your comments offensive and don’t intend to reply to anything further you have to say.

would have preferred to hear that the case was ''dismissed'' due to lack of evidence as opposed to ''not guilty''.............grrr

I don't know if SA has double jeopardy which is where a not guilty verdict would be difficult to over come, may be dismissal allows for retrial if new evidence surfaces

Are you serious? The minute it was even mentioned in the same sentence or article about this murder, it became a discrimatory farce. And since then, his gay experiences have been condemned, insulted, dragged through the mud. Is infidelity morally right? Probably not. Is disclosing your whole sexuality before marriage essential? Probably but depends on that person. Do EITHER of these things have ANYTHING to do with an ability to murder someone? No. IF he was in a secret relationship with someone else, and IF he wanted to end their marriage and IF he was trapped in it and couldn't and most of all, IF he was capable of having someone murdered, then there might be cause to at least INTRODUCE the evidence. However, NONE of those ifs are granted. In fact, it's quite clear that he loved her, was sexually active with her and his rendezvous with guys were purely sexual. And?! So he's sexually dishonest. That's where it ends. To make jumps from this to generalisations about men and women, judgements on his sex life and moreso, to him being able to commit murder because of it, in my opinon, stems from a homophobic element.

People just don't seem to look at evidence in this case . for some reason diwani has already been branded guilty by association.

On the most crucial day of the whole trial I just happened to be away. Although the outcome was of no surprise to me and probably to most of you.
I feel very sad for Anni's family and feel that a lot of questions have been left unanswered, but seems we shall never know the whole truth.
I would like to say thank you all the regulars who have participated and made it a very interesting discussion and especially to the ones who have copied the tweets each day, it just wouldn't have been the same without you. You are all a great bunch of people and hope we meet up on other threads in the future.
Towards the end it as become rather uncomfortable reading some posts due to a certain person, I know they are entitled to their own opinion just like anyone else, but it is the manner in which they address others which I for one don't like. At first it was just the odd post but it as become every few posts. I could have pressed the ignore button but as we are at the latter end it doesn't matter now.
:cheers: one and all.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 2 Std. Vor 2 Stunden

Interesting. The @justice4Anni Twitter account and linked FB page are gone. Feeling the heat after uploading prosecutors pvt cell numbers?

People just don't seem to look at evidence in this case . for some reason diwani has already been branded guilty by association.

Man, can the real websleuthers please stand up. No one gives a fig about the guy's gay experience or infidelity. He can hump guys, girls, animals or a combination of everything if he wants. It's the fact that he lied about this. He also lied numerous times on what had happened as well. The guy is not credible.

EDIT - Also, the UK judge thinks there is at least some evidence to send the guy back to SA court. SA judge dismisses the case in full as not evidence at all. Contradiction much?

This represents all the irrationality for me. You wish suffering upon a man even if he is innocent and had nothing to do with the horrific murder of his wife. On top of the pain he's already felt.

The guy is a liar. The irrationality is that you cherry pick parts of what he said as truth.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrina Sleuth
Back