GUILTY South Africa - Gill Packham, 57, murdered, Cape Town, 22 February, 2018 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Excellent news, Justice for Gill,

Thank you JJ for the updates, I've been reading on & off while doing other things.

Hi there Lou. I didn't know you were following this.
It was a great result.

Boom

I can't help but think of how much anguish would have been saved if we'd had a Judge of this quality on the Pistorius trial.

She reviewed all the evidence and made careful inferences throughout

Especially she made the big calls and didn't throw her hands in the air in the face of obvious and natural inferences that needed to be drawn

I'm still waiting for the last tweet, but in an any event, court is adjourned until 10:00 tomorrow.

He lied to his wife.
He lied to his daughter.
He lied to his mistress.
He lied to his other lover.
He asked his work colleague to lie and provide a false alibi for him.
He broke his bail conditions twice.
He lied to the court.

Mitigation: Um, first offence. Full stop.

I hope he gets 25 years in Pollsmoor.

Have just caught up but would have liked to listen to the judgement. However, that was not to be. Maybe later - I hope he squirmed.

Thanks JJ. Excellent result. I too hope he gets 25 years. He is a really nasty piece of work which was obvious from the moment he took the stand.

He lied to his wife.
He lied to his daughter.
He lied to his mistress.
He lied to his other lover.
He asked his work colleague to lie and provide a false alibi for him.
He broke his bail conditions twice.
He lied to the court.

Mitigation: Um, first offence. Full stop.

I hope he gets 25 years in Pollsmoor.

Thanks JJ for your hard work throughout, :):):)
especially for staying up late for the final GREAT result.

Thank you for all the updates, JJ! What a great outcome from an amazing judge! Do we know when the sentencing will be?

Think sentencing will be today. Will be back in court 10am SA time. Judge left no stone unturned in judgement! Hope she carries through with strong sentence.

Have just caught up but would have liked to listen to the judgement. However, that was not to be. Maybe later - I hope he squirmed.

Thanks JJ. Excellent result. I too hope he gets 25 years. He is a really nasty piece of work which was obvious from the moment he took the stand.

Try to listen to judgement, very detailed. I think the photo of his supporters in Post 442 shows that they may have had to face the facts now that every detail of his deceit has been outlined by Judge Steyn. He started with his arrogant, questioning look, but at the end I believe was crumbling and may have even squirmed.

Thank you for all the updates, JJ! What a great outcome from an amazing judge! Do we know when the sentencing will be?

It wasn't clear exactly what they were doing today. He'll probably want to put something put forward in mitigation, but apart from it being a first offence I don't believe there's any. Sentencing wasn't mentioned, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'd love it to be wrapped up today.

Reactions: Hag
Rob Packham is brought from the cells a day after his murder conviction. Today is expected to be a quick postponement to sort out sentencing procedures. His sister and daughters are not here.

Team News24 (@TeamNews24) | Twitter

Quick postponement: The defence would like time to consult with Rob ahead of sentencing procedures. He will remain in custody until his next appearance tomorrow, when the defence is expected to lead evidence.

Team News24 (@TeamNews24) | Twitter

I would think its a bit late for a plead deal ! or an admission of guilt.
Glad that he did not get away with it.

I would think its a bit late for a plead deal ! or an admission of guilt.
Glad that he did not get away with it.

That's why i don't really get what they are consulting about.

Of course the defence needs to make submissions on the accused behalf - but seeing as he didn't plead guilty, its hard to see there is much to consult over.

Reactions: Hag
I think the defence will say Packham is going to appeal. They may even ask if Packham can be released until the time of an appeal. As we all know this happens in SA. Total waste of time IMO. When I watched the video of the verdict I noted he was nodding at points he considered (in his opinion) pointed to him being not guilty. I think he will fight tooth and nail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back