South Africa - Martin, 55, Theresa, 54, Rudi van Breda, 22, murdered, 26 Jan 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony Molyneaux‏ @AJGMolyneaux 6m6 minutes ago

defence shows thermal footage prior to murders of man trying to enter de zalze estate fence carrying a panga. Guards arrived on...scene to chase man away from gate

Botha ends his cross examination. Galloway asks Rossouw if it's correct for previous security manager to show this prior footage.
Rossouw says it's very unethical as they vow not to release any security footage when they take the job.
judge now asks what happens when the electric fence is activated. R says a loud alarm goes off at HQ.
Rossouw says the security report made by multiple security employees did not show anything unusual on the night of the murders.
Judge now asks Rossouw a last question: Was there any alarm system in van Breda home? R says no there wasn't.

@TimesLIVE

Tracey Stewart‏ @Traceyams 6m6 minutes ago

Desai you mentioned the other alarm is a flicker in the wire on the fence? R thats how I understand it
any indications at all by anyone that anything was wrong that night? Not at all

@CapeTownEtc #vanbreda

Judge is asking relevant questions, this is hopeful, he's really paying attention. Botha still asking Rossouw questions, he won't quit.

Tracey Stewart‏ @Traceyams 6m6 minutes ago

Judge desai- do you know if there is a house alarm? Not at van breda's house
@CapeTownEtc #vanbreda

Galloway questioning Rossouw. Rossouw says she knows Pietersen.

Tammy Petersen ‎@TammyPetersen87
Recording of incident in May 2013 shown. A man ostensibly armed with a panga trying to gain entry, but was scared off by a guard. #VanBreda

[Bad reporting? Previous post says video showing he was caught]

Tammy Petersen ‎@TammyPetersen87
Rossouw says employees sign confidentiality agreement; finds it questionable ex-manager Jaco Pietersen gave pics to defense

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...trial-20170509

Anthony Molyneaux‏ @AJGMolyneaux 5m5 minutes ago

Court adjourned for lunch.Check back in at 2pm for the next witness-the ambulance responder who arrived on scene of triple murder.

@TimesLIVE

That's good to know that the house was visible on CCTV.

Puzzling why so few are following this case on WS!

I really have to laugh. This judge is on the ball, involved with the case and asks relevant questions.

Masipa on the other hand usually just asked the time. :floorlaugh:

Even though the estate was guarded by security, I am a little surprised the vB house did not have its own security system or camera.

Puzzling why so few are following this case on WS!
I am just so greatful for the excellent coverage you guys are giving us. A thousand thanks! This has been on my radar since it first happened. Such a joy to lurk and follow!

Me too. This case is on a par with the OP case IMO and that was very closely followed on here.

JMO
For me personally I had heard a lot about OP because of the Olympics and I think OP was pretty well known because of that before he committed his murder.

On the other hand with this case I really have not heard of this family. I live in the US and just have not ever heard about that family name before now.

It sounds like they are well off and maybe they are known more by others and especially in their country but here in the US I have to wonder if lots of people are like myself and just do not know about them.

So even though the murder is horrific axe murder I think maybe the reason it is not as well followed here is because maybe not many had ever heard of that family before. The US has so many gruesome murders of our own that it takes something special even here for a US case to become national news.

Sometimes things blow up and sometimes they dont and sometimes we dont even know why certain cases seem to take off here.

The recent murders of the girls on the bridge took off because of the unique bridge and the fact they were two young girls just hiking the bridge. The bridge had a lot to do with why that case took off here because the bridge was so unique.

There probably is some unknown reasons and maybe just by chance too why certain cases just get more popular than others.

Thanks to those that are following this case. It is an interesting case and I have to read back on it as it sounds horrific. Using an axe as a weapon is awful.

The case reminds me of the Lizzie Borden axe murders from years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizzie_Borden

In his plea statement I think he said he shouted when his brother was being attacked, possibly to account for the reason his dad woke up and came in. So he wouldn't have left the toilet unflushed because of the noise it might make. He left it there as IB says, to prove he had been in the bathroom at some point.

I feel nothing but contempt when I look at his picture. It's the not owning up that always gets me, and the cowardly, pathetic lies that they expect people to believe.

Do you think it is worth rattling a few bones that a few of us will know from the Pisto board or leave well alone?

No harm IB to :) . This is going to be a very nail biting type of trial, I'm trying to stay calm as the tension is slowly building, I think this is why HvB is looking very drawn since yesterday, he knows what's to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734