South Africa - Martin, 55, Theresa, 54, Rudi van Breda, 22, murdered, 26 Jan 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY does he need to adjourn after a 2 hour lunch break? This is the pits.

https://twitter.com/Traceyams

Adv B: when do u decide to focus on certain areas? are u still alone at that point?

H: in this case Johan Hanekom walked around with me to identify evidence we should focus on

Adv B: so u have testified u are alone only until you finished observation, photos, 360 degree photos

Adv B: then you walk around to identify relevant evidence and stick orange sticker near it- you do this with someone else

Well we never heard about a mop. Or a wiped away footprint. Or a phone search of Porco axe murder.

Botha looking for an angle to trip Hitchcock up, delves into his work processes, makes sure he agrees with all his leading questions and come Monday, tears it apart. He's getting quite predictable.

Thereafter, investigators search for evidence and this gets photographed - wide angle and close up.

Orange tiles are set up where evidence is found.

He and one Lieutenant Hanekom did this at the scene.

It was a big scene, so that which we could see, we marked it.

Sergenat Olifant handled the fingerprints; when Hitchcock was done with his forensic tasks, the fingerprints were done.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/live-van-breda-axe-murder-trial-day-22-20170601

https://twitter.com/Traceyams

When we see evidence that should be noted - say a weapon or blood splatter we stick a sticker with a number on it nearby

Adv B: refers to a cone- which is placed near evidence - clarified not a sticker

Adv B: so you make notes of what is number 1 or 2 etc H- correct and you are accompanied at this stage - H yes

Adv B: is it just you and Hanekom at this stage? H: me, Olifant and Hanekom were called to the scene - 3 investigators

Adv B: so when you put cones out before taking swabs its still just you and Hanekom- H yes

B: now you have documented. Now you start collecting the samples? h- yes

H: The swabs and boxes come out of one kit - swabs sealed in own papers - boxes are empty. Use swab place in box and seal box

B: when u take a photo of the box? is the swab in the box already? H- sometimes, if it is sealed then the swab is in it-

B: can You see if it has been sealed on a photo? H- refers to photo shows right point and left point and middle part of box-colour

B: ok so if we see blue sticker, one on right side one on left and one in middle then we know that it has been sealed? H- Yes

Adv B asks to adjourn..... Judge Desai postpones to Monday 5 June

WHY does he need to adjourn after a 2 hour lunch break? This is the pits.

He has to re-organise his strategy now that the statement has been admitted. Conferences with HvB probably tomorrow and most of the weekend. Once HvB is testifying he can't discuss the trial with anyone, especially his own counsel. Lots of facts have to be "straightened out". :)

I couldn't do judge's job. I'd say no to the adjournment requests and say what do you think this is, a holiday camp?

Even though I'm depicted as a slow and steady tortoise.

Then no doubt the adjournments will gather pace when the defence ambushes the state with late reports that they will need to study. It's like a slow torture with this drip feed of information.

Then no doubt the adjournments will gather pace when the defence ambushes the state with late reports that they will need to study. It's like a slow torture with this drip feed of information.

Yep, the OP days all over again. It is slow torture, lol!

I want to know what they will do come June 19th and the trial is nowhere near finished. Can it be put on hold or transferred? I hope it won't mean a collapse and having to start over.

This is ridiculous. Another half day. No way will the case be over by 19th June. In fact the 19th is a Monday so are we looking at the preceding Thursday as last day (assuming Fridays are not worked). Then what happens? I would have thought if another case is booked that should be delayed rather than stop a case midstream. Anyone know what should happen? I make it only 8 days left in court if Fridays are excluded and 19th is the start of the next case.

Maybe someone with a twitter acct could ask Tracey Stewart what will happen if the trial overruns. She's an attorney I think.

Botha looking for an angle to trip Hitchcock up, delves into his work processes, makes sure he agrees with all his leading questions and come Monday, tears it apart. He's getting quite predictable.
He'll focus on the mislabeling on a few items, I bet...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Regter Desai wys Henri #vanbreda versoek dat media nie uit outopsieverslag doen, van hand
https://twitter.com/JulianJansen

google translate
Judge Desai shows Henri #vanbreda requesting media not to do an autopsy report, handy

well, a translation of sorts. something's going on...

My translation: "Judge Desai denies motion to prevent press from reporting on autopsy reports"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member