GUILTY South Africa - Susan Rohde, 47, murdered, Stellenbosch, 24 July 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nick van der Leek‏ @HiRezLife
#Rohde Van der Spuy bobbing around, lots of swagger. Almost never looks down to look at his notes. Salie-Hlophe breaks in to interrupt him. Van der Spuy suggests Susan stumbled in garden, fractured her ribs and then went to bed and slept peacefully until 7. Yup, very reasonable.

Jenna Etheridge‏ @JennaEtheridge
#Rohde VDS suggests that Susan fractured some ribs while falling in the garden in the dark. Salie-Hlophe then asks if their case is that she then woke up with those fractures and proceeded with hanging. VDS replies it is a possibility. @TeamNews24

When I fractured my ribs, I couldn't move from side to side as so painful, couldn't drive.
I wouldn't be able to raise my arms, above my head to tie the noose on door and hang myself.
Hope LVN can text someone to help him answer this later.

#Rohde Defence continues with everything it feels that Coetzee-Khan missed. VDS says defence pathologist Dr Loftus clearly showed sign of vital reaction in neck area. "You don’t get vital reaction like that if you apply ligature to deceased person’s neck". @TeamNews24

#Rohde VDS: "To cut a long story short, on every single level - bias, expertise, inexperience, incorrect conclusions and incompetent performance of autopsy - unfortunately Dr Khan did not get out the starting blocks" @TeamNews24

Susan certainly wouldn't be raising her voice, taking deep breathes, as too painful.
She would not be arguing with JR.
Wonder if she asked for a Medico when this happened, and had strong painkillers prescribed.

I hope the Judge does not buy that Susan was able, after suffering a ribs fracture, to hang herself!

#Rohde VDS: Essentially we have the unchallenged evidence of our pathologist Dr Loftus, that there was a 95% probability that Susan died by hanging. @TeamNews24

#Rohde VDS says State is of opinion that Jason "manhandled" Susan to the bathroom after killing her. This without any discernible sign of evidence that he carried "dead weight of 52kg... I understand that is a massive task". @TeamNews24

#Rohde VDS has lots of questions for State's theory... When did he murder Susan and when did he take her to bathroom? Why does State say he placed the cord loosely around her neck? @TeamNews24

#Rohde VDS: Essentially we have the unchallenged evidence of our pathologist Dr Loftus, that there was a 95% probability that Susan died by hanging. @TeamNews24

#Rohde VDS says State is of opinion that Jason "manhandled" Susan to the bathroom after killing her. This without any discernible sign of evidence that he carried "dead weight of 52kg... I understand that is a massive task". @TeamNews24

#Rohde VDS has lots of questions for State's theory... When did he murder Susan and when did he take her to bathroom? Why does State say he placed the cord loosely around her neck? @TeamNews24

JR dragged SR, because of abrasions found.
Plus the faeces SR left, when dragged.
Didn't one of Defence Expert witnesses state, it could have been an animals poop!!!!:D:p:p:p:p:D:D

The urine alone not being beside the door should devastate his case, but she seems to be persuaded that Susan could have still been alive (but cold) when they got in there. I get that feces can be moved if someone trod in it but I find that most unlikely and without corroborating evidence that anyone did, I don't know how that can be considered a reasonable probability.

Susan would not have been grumbling about her scraped toe if she had broken ribs and bleeding lungs. Guaranteed. It is one of the most painful and debilitating injuries - even just to speak, move and breathe.

Wake up please Judge. And pick up the ball please LVN.

#Rohde VDS: After hanging wife, Jason had get out the bathroom and then lock it. "Door has to be open a certain amount to get out, to get his body through. We know, as a fact, when door was [later] opened... it could only be opened 150mm." @TeamNews24

The Judge interrupted VDS and said is is not a fact, but a finding that the court has to make

#Rohde Judge Salie-Hlophe stops defence and says it is not a fact that bathroom door could only open 15cm. She says Desmond Daniels said he stopped at 15cm, not that he couldn't open it further. @TeamNews24

Dr Loftus spent all his time, presenting articles about different theories, and presenting an Anatomical Lesson for Medical Students: plain 'showing off'.
I wonder if he is the one, that the Judge stated, "I don't want to be mislead"
My favourite saying, in this trial.
Hope the Judge remembers this point.
She will, I'm sure.:):):)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members