GUILTY South Africa - Susan Rohde, 47, murdered, Stellenbosch, 24 July 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“The point that was raised several times by my learned friend [Van Niekerk], and I suspect that he is attempting to riddle into his case the suggestion of something sinister involved in the fact that when Captain Joubert examined the deceased on Sunday the 24th of July, 2016, that her bathrobe was inside out, he mentioned that a few times,” said Van der Spuy.

“And I think that he is trying to link that up, I suspect, with the allegation that the accused, for whatever reason put the dressing gown on her after Mr Daniels had left the scene,” he added.

Reports in Jason Rohde murder trial contradict each other, court hears | IOL News

XtQN7QvY

Pretoria News (@pretorianews) | Twitter

If I'm not mistaken this was the court room they used for Henri van Breda. Unless it's an old photo.

Those of you who watched, how did you feel she took to the defence closing arguments?

She did not intervene frequently and was not as combative as yesterday. It was close to two hours into VDS's arguments that she started to ask some questions.
I have a feeling that she is not convinced that the state's case is solid. Dr. Perumal did an excellent job for the Defence.

She did not intervene frequently and was not as combative as yesterday. It was close to two hours into VDS's arguments that she started to ask some questions.
I have a feeling that she is not convinced that the state's case is solid. Dr. Perumal did an excellent job for the Defence.

I don't agree about Perumal.
I don't want to go back, but I found parts of his report incorrect.
Also it was found, he stated points that differed to what occurred: if I remember, finding a bullet casing in the toilet, when all others missed this. He lied.
Also, I think, parts of his CV were not right: he 'big noted' himself.
There were controversies in his past reports!!!!
Also he was not an Expert in certain matters, and his reports were not justified.
It had all been brought up by LVN then, so perhaps now, he can refer to these. points.
By the end of his Cross Examination, he was not the confident man, compared to when the Cross started.

EDIT: I wrote this, before I checked back.
LVN missed so many opportunities.
But if I remember these points, they are in writing, and the Judge has them.
Perhaps, I am the only one here.
I think the verdict will be Guilty.
The evidence is there.
Not long to wait.

This Judge is smart, and 'on the ball', however legally, will she state, that the Prosecution did not present a successful case.

Last edited:
Jason Rohde To Hear His Fate On Alleged Murder Of Wife
By
News Editor
-
November 8, 2018

FILE: Jason and Susan Rohde. Picture: Facebook

CAPE TOWN: Real estate executive Jason Rohde, who is accused of killing his wife, Susan will hear his fate on Thursday. The Western Cape High Court is expected to deliver judgment in the case.

Rohde is accused of murdering Susan at the Spier Wine farm during a work function in July 2016. He was arrested shortly after Susan’s body was found in the bathroom of their hotel room.

However, he claims that Susan committed suicide by hanging herself, while the State has argued that he staged the suicide.

During the trial, prosecutor Louis van Niekerk put it that Rohde had smothered his wife with a cushion as it was “the only way to shut her up”.

Van Niekerk also argued that Rohde then tried to stage a suicide by dragging her body to the bathroom and using an electric cord to hang her from a hook on the back of the door.

On Tuesday, during closing arguments, Van Niekerk said Rohde’s recollection of the couple’s last verbal argument was a “carefully crafted choreography”, “an extremely controlled version and [he had a] remarkable good recollection of the minute data of the physical altercation with the deceased”.

Meanwhile the defence Graham van der Spuy during his closing arguments on Wednesday said Rohde would either have to be “Superman” or “Hannibal Lecter” to execute his wife’s murder and staged suicide in the manner that the State suggested.

Van der Spuy countered that if a witness was good, they were accused of being choreographed.

“If you make mistakes, you are bad… We expect him to count the number of coils around his wife’s neck when he’s holding her dead body in his hands,” he commented in disbelief.

Spuy said Rohde should be acquitted of because the evidence “overwhelmingly” pointed to his client’s version that he discovered his wife Susan had taken her life in the hotel’s bathroom in 2016.

He said there was an absence of incriminating evidence that was usually found in murder cases.

Team News24‏Verified account @TeamNews24
GSH discusses evidence given by the pathologists. The ligature marks on Susan's neck are consistent with manual strangulation. No evidence of long-term vertical suspension. #Rohde (@ChristinaPitt94)

Nick van der Leek‏ @HiRezLife
"This calls into question his [Perumal's] non partisan-ness...Dr. Loftus attempted to mislead the court...conducting a virtual autopsy. He attempted to usurp the court's function...saying it was beyond reasonable doubt...questionable impartiality." YES! #Rohde

#Rohde "When he got up he devised a plan to set a scene with the deceased's taking her own life." #JasonRohde pinches his eyes shut. His heart must be racing.

#Rohde "At some point after her 'discovery' he attempted to dress her in her bathrobe..." But dressed the robe inside out. Quotes George Bernard Shaw: "In order to fully realize how bad a popular play can be, it is necessary to see it twice."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back