South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my problem here is they didnt convict that mom of bullying for that girl who killed herself over the emails she sent her.

can things change here? this is massachusetts after all......pedophiles get 1,000 cash bail and murdering nanny's get time served

Who knows. I certainly don't. I do think that Mom should have been convicted. But do I hope justice is served...I'm not sure how that would look right now, though. The trial should make that clear, imo.

In one of the interviews he gave...I believe with CNN...Gus Sayer says that he believes Phoebe kept a journal and that the D.A. has it.

That will be some powerful evidence, if it exists.

Looks like he is a Seregant.

"The three stripe sergeant
insignia is the most common
sergeant rank among police
departments. The sergeant is
normally the first line of
supervision."

Looks like he is a Seregant.

"The three stripe sergeant
insignia is the most common
sergeant rank among police
departments. The sergeant is
normally the first line of
supervision."

LOL I guess i should read the whole thread before I answer:)

Check out this link,

"Investigators trying to determine if apparent South Hadley suicide victim Phoebe Prince had been bullied"
By George Graham, The Republican
January 15, 2010, 11:13AM

...very interesting comments, including reaction as poster's see bullies defaming Phoebe's memorial page...and this intriquing comment....
Posted by dp
January 15, 2010, 5:10PM
My condolences go out to the Prince Family. I live in this town, South Hadley & had/have children in the school system's....As as matter of fact my youngest daughter was & still is Pheobe's "REAL" friend.They sat together in the schools lunch room eariler that day in school. Pheobe in FACT told my daughter,"how classmate's were so mean too her & she hated her life " My daughter not knowing at that time,was going to be the last time they sat & talked together. Like I mentioned,I had/have children in the South Hadley school system's. The teacher's "DO" know what goes on in the classes & in the hall's of our school's & DO NOTHING TO HELP THE CHILDREN/STUDENT'S. Because they play favoritism & choose not to help, not to get envolved. "BULLYING IS A EVERYDAY ISSUE" for some of our student's here in town. I only hope, that the Town of South Hadley's Police Dept. & our Mass State Trooper's Detective's Office/Mass District Attorney's Office get's too the bottom of this very disturbing matter of this beautiful young lady "Pheobe",who I had the pleasure & honor of meeting this past year. She'll be in our prayers,her & her family...........
http://www.masslive.com/news/index....tim_may_have_been_bullied/865/comments-2.html

Posted by mom52
April 03, 2010, 10:15AM
sTAFF IS RESPONSIBLE - YES THEY KNEW. I SUBBED ONE DAY MONTHS PRIOR TO HER DEATH AND KNEW THAT FIRST DAY. COMMON KNOWLEDGE AT THE SCHOOL. ****** THERE IS AN ELECTION ON MONDAY FOR SCHOOL COMMITTEE. LETS GET ED BOISELL OUT AND THE OTHER THAT IS RUNNING UNOPPOSED. WRITE INS CAN GET THEM OUT, LETS DO IT FOLKS. LETS GET NEW FACES IN THERE THAT REALLY CARE ABOUT THE CHILDREN, FAMILIES AND TOWN AS A WHOLE AND NOT THE ALMIGHTLY DOLLAR AND POLITICS.
Posted by mom52
April 03, 2010, 12:05PM
If you would like to contact me please email me at XXXX and i will give you my full name thank you. i am willing to step up

Edited slightly, I removed email address from my post. But it is posted on an open blog, so...it isn't a secret. It's at the link...

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/south_hadley_high_school_staff/865/comments-5.html

snipped from a longer comment...
Posted by halicea
April 03, 2010, 10:03AM
".I have a son in SHHS and believe me i cant count the amount of times he has been suspended for simple things such as not taking his hat off the minute hes walked in the door...can u imagine?? When he was younger him and his friend decided to write their names on the outside of a school wall..my son was dragged into the police station,fingerprinted,and follwed by an endless investigation to figure out "who wrote on the wall"..then dragged into court and given a year of probation,48 hours of community service and a $355 fine....all this because a kid wrote his name on the wall,which every kid does at some point in their childhood..yet these kids harassed a girl knowingly for 4 months and were never suspended or even spoken to...kind of ridiculous dont you think??? The South Hadley school system is completely useless,and do keep in mind that they have a school officer which is a South Hadley cop ..hmmmm...u can do a huge investigation on a kid writing on the wall but cant find a reason to jump on a harassment case!! "
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/south_hadley_high_school_staff/865/comments-5.html

From the student handbook on bullying and the supposed consquences...

Posted by Jeff Hobbs, MassLive.com
January 28, 2010, 8:39AM
MC: The SHHS Student handbook is available here (PDF). The text from the section on bullying on page 56 reads:

Students who have violated the bullying policy are subject to disciplinary action as determined by the Assistant Principal or Principal in accordance with the Student Discipline Code. Bullying is considered a "Group C" behavior and consequences could include suspension (internal or external) and/or police intervention.
Group C behavior on page 44 is defined as:

Minimum – parent conference and police involvement; risk assessment; after-school education programs as appropriate, external suspension from schoolAdditional action – Long-term suspension from school, mandated counseling, initiation of expulsion procedures, criminal
action, or other administrative actions as required, internal suspension if available, community/school service as applicable if mutually agreed upon.

It would be interesting to know if the students that bullied Phoebe Prince were ever held to the minimum consequence of "Group C" offenses, and if not, why not?

The I'm having trouble with the PDF, might not be there, now...but the copy was posted by MASS.Live...
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/01/hundreds_pack_south_hadley_mee.html

Found this one...
"Document: What does the South Hadley High School student handbook say about bullying?"
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/01/document_what_does_the_south_h.html

January 20, 2010

"South Hadley High School principal Daniel Smith says student Phoebe Prince was involved in public disputes about dating shortly before her death"

There were several public disagreements about relationships and dating between Phoebe Prince and other South Hadley High School students in the weeks leading up to the 15-year-old’s death, principal Daniel T. Smith has stated in a letter to parents
“These disagreements centered on relationship-dating issues, a rather common event among high school students,” Smith wrote in a letter sent out to parents earlier this week.
Smith also wrote that staff members immediately intervened and “both counseled and provided consequences as the situations required.”

However, Smith stated what happened after that is cause for “significant concern.”

“Because of the aforementioned disagreements, some students (to be confirmed through investigations) made mean-spirited comments to Phoebe in school and on the way home from school, but also through texting and social networking Web sites,” he wrote. “This insidious, harassing behavior knows no bounds.”

And then this comment...
snipped...
"Posted by johnqpublic
January 21, 2010, 9:19AM
as a parent of a teenager at south hadley high, i cant help but scratch my head after reading the letter sent home in regards to this. the letter doesnt address what has happened to the alleged students involved in this. are they still walking among our children in the halls of south hadley high as the investigation plays out, and if so, why? the alleged students involved havent been outed publicly, but everyone knows who they are. is the fact some allegedly have parents who are lawyers and police officer(s), and come from affluent families that they havent been outed yet?"http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/01/south_hadley_high_school_princ.html

Want to hear something really strange? I posted that link about Sean M., just above, and when I did, there were comments. I know, I read them. They were mostly negative, around 5 of them. Now, I go there...and there are no comments! "be the first to post", it says. Hmm.

Want to hear something really strange? I posted that link about Sean M., just above, and when I did, there were comments. I know, I read them. They were mostly negative, around 5 of them. Now, I go there...and there are no comments! "be the first to post", it says. Hmm.

Were these comments "offensive in nature?" The site says it will remove that sort of comments.

Were these comments "offensive in nature?" The site says it will remove that sort of comments.

Not all of them. Some were intelligent. Just negative. They are all gone. Even the one that was rebutting the arguement, she was for Sean, her comments are gone, too.

That Sean Mulveyhill link has been posted on that site since Thursday. Rather incredible there are no comments...imo. Especially after I JUST saw them.

on further reflection...there were more than 5. There were around 5 comments then there were replies off of the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper