Southwest Flight Attendant Tries to Boot Hooters Waitress From Plane Over Clothing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But what would she sue them for? They did allow her to fly. So she'd be suing b/c the guy embarrassed her? GMAB.

snipped by jbean for emphasis.
Angelmom this is the heart of the matter and I agree with you 100%.
If that was my daughter, I would give her completely different advice than her mother is.

JMHO of course!

Angelmom this is the heart of the matter and I agree with you 100%.
If that was my daughter, I would give her completely different advice than her mother is.

JMHO of course!

I agree with you guys, just trying to find the good in the girl.

Oh, of course she has a right to be on the Today show. I guess I don't understand why they invited her on. I mean, who cares? Must be a slow news day. Or Matt's bored.
Moreoever, why would this gal take this to the media in the first place? Total nonsense.
I don't even care about her mode of dress, I am just astonished at how she is handling it.
I would write the airline a letter of complaint and either
1. get free tickets:D
OR
2. Never fly that airline again.

I agree with you guys, just trying to find the good in the girl.
I don't think it is the girl as much as it is the mother and the attorney.
I am sure this is a real sweet gal, but it's just another life lesson and she needs to either empower herself by refusing to give them her money in the future, demanding her money back for the flight or toning down her dress..up to her.

O.K. lets look at this the other way: You pay for a service, along with 100 other people, but one person who pays for the service affects 99 others who paid the same price. They are "fully" expected to "bow" down to the one person who has poor judgement and comprises your "comfort".

The answer to that is no. Unless of course the one person pays for the other 99 people. This girl is immature, self centrered, unconcerned about the "comfort" and rights" of others to enjoy a plane ride.

Cover up with a blanket, that is not the answer. What is she says: No way, no going to do it. She "drops" the blanket when she goes to the bathroom. Sits down with out the blanket.

The fact that she works at "Hooters" is a the first clue to her personality.

Again the fact that no one could "escape" her dress when in mid air is very telling. This girl "wants" control over others and sees herself as the centre of attention is a sexual manner.

Again, I feel the airline were looking out for the "majority" of their paying customers over one individual. One individual's "choice" to dress in the manner does not out weight the "rights" of other paying customers.

Awfully presumptious of you to apply such derogatory words to her, dontchya think?

And, if a girl in a short skirt has so much power to control someone else's "comfort" and "rights" and ability to "enjoy" a plane ride, I would say that the person needs therapy and has some serious issues going on in his/her life.

Your post could apply to the girl if she was naked, or topless, or bottomless. But holy cow, the girl was wearing a miniskirt. People need to get over it.

Personally, I never give ANY stranger the power to affect my rights and comfort level solely based on them wearing a short skirt. And thank God I don't. I imagine I would be a very unstable person prone to random mood swings all the time. Oy vey.

O.K. lets look at this the other way: You pay for a service, along with 100 other people, but one person who pays for the service affects 99 others who paid the same price. They are "fully" expected to "bow" down to the one person who has poor judgement and comprises your "comfort".

The answer to that is no. Unless of course the one person pays for the other 99 people. This girl is immature, self centrered, unconcerned about the "comfort" and rights" of others to enjoy a plane ride.

Cover up with a blanket, that is not the answer. What is she says: No way, no going to do it. She "drops" the blanket when she goes to the bathroom. Sits down with out the blanket.

Again the fact that no one could "escape" her dress when in mid air is very telling. This girl "wants" control over others and sees herself as the centre of attention is a sexual manner.

Again, I feel the airline were looking out for the "majority" of their paying customers over one individual. One individual's "choice" to dress in the manner does not out weight the "rights" of other paying customers.

Great post!!!

I am so sick of girls wearing such revealing clothes and you're not supposed to say anything? Someone asked where to find such girls - follow me, I have a couple of neighbors who dress this way, a friend's daughter, and it seems as though every time I leave my house, there's at least one, if not several others. If they dressed like this girl though, it would be a step up. I'm sick of seeing these girls' cleavage and half their breasts! More than that, I hate my kids and my husband seeing this! Luckily, my husband doesn't show any interest, he thinks it's tacky. Besides, he knows I'll show him all that and more behind closed doors! But, I don't want my son or my daughters thinking this is okay. The ones I speak of that we know are very nice girls - one is 17, the other is 25ish, and the other just turned 40. How do you politely say, "Could you cover up your breasts in front of my family?" It seems these people, like this girl, are allowed to wear whatever and we just have to take it. I find it somewhat refreshing that people are willing to call out others on their lack of dressing decent. Except in this case, just from the picture I saw, she's covered more than the ones in which I speak - breast wise, anyway.

As for Americans need to lighten up - Please! How about others need to cover up. I've had a great body at times and I'm not far from obtaining it again, yet I've always managed to cover up the important parts! Mainly out of respect for myself, but also out of respect of others, their kids and their husbands, including my own family.

It could be worse ... we could be like some cultures where women are only allowed to show their eyes and must wrap the rest of their body.

To me, that is sad.
I am glad we can dress how we want to!

OT, but I can't help it. Has anyone else seen the previews for Tim Gunn's new show about style?

The woman says, "But I still need to be sexy!"

Tim Gunn: "You can still be sexy without having them fall out onto the table."

ROFLMAO!!!

Was she doing a pole dance in the aisle that no one could "escape" her dress?

I have flown SWA quite a bit and usually I can't see much except the back of the seat when I am sitting down and buckled in. Of course if I were to see something offensive, it could quickly be remedied with the complimentary copy of the SkyMall catalog that is in the back of the seat, it has all those nifty gadgets you never knew you needed.

Not singling you out Jeana, but just one of the many times this was said about when she was on TV.

I say again: why was everyone trying to get a look of her 'goodies'? Planes are so full of seats that you definitely cannot see her from upfront when she's sitting down. So people must have actually made an effort in order for them to see anything.

How come it is socially acceptable to stare at someone with good looks, when a person that might take up one and a half seats on an airplane with a riding up T-shirt quickly gets looked away from?

I've seen both kinds of dress on airplanes several times.

I don't want to see it, but I never said she should have been denied boarding. They could have simply told her that she needed to cover herself with one of the blankets that she ended up with later on.

Your post could apply to the girl if she was naked, or topless, or bottomless. But holy cow, the girl was wearing a miniskirt. People need to get over it.

Sorry, but she wasn't actually "wearing it." That can't be the correct terminology if everyone could see her entire vaginal area when she goes to sit down. The terminology for that is "unacceptable in civilized society."

Awfully presumptious of you to apply such derogatory words to her, dontchya think?

And, if a girl in a short skirt has so much power to control someone else's "comfort" and "rights" and ability to "enjoy" a plane ride, I would say that the person needs therapy and has some serious issues going on in his/her life.

Personally, I never give ANY stranger the power to affect my rights and comfort level solely based on them wearing a short skirt. And thank God I don't. I imagine I would be a very unstable person prone to random mood swings all the time. Oy vey.

Ah, and the wise attorney who has declared himself the spokesman for the 99 has the last word in the matter?

Cyberlaw, gimme a break.

Most Americans support freedom of dress in organizations serving the public at large much like freedom of speech. Just as the laws against vulgarity have been slowly eroded for speech, they have for dress. We’re still not to naked yet, but pretty close. Just as one who is loud and profane interjects himself into other people’s lives and tries to register with them, so does the revealing dresser. The psychological “why” is unimportant. As eleven says, we are expected to be able to control our reactions to public speech and dress; if one cannot, the world is going to be a rough place for them for a long time. And if revealing dress bothers you, ask the revealer to cover up, and don’t look again.

Your creation of a class of “rights” of people to not have things done to them is interesting and has some of the positive elements of Brandeis' “right to be left alone”:

Supreme Court Justice Brandeis said "the protection guaranteed by the amendments (of the Constitution) is much broader in scope. The makers of our Constitution undertook to secure conditions favorable to the pursuit of happiness. They recognized the significance of man’s spiritual nature, of his feelings and of his intellect . . . They sought to protect Americans in their beliefs, their thoughts, their emotions, and their sensations. They conferred as against the government the right to be left alone -- the most comprehensive of rights and the right most valued by civilized men."

Link

I think most Americans don’t expect to be left alone as in their homes when they take a public plane flight, nor should they. I'd like to think we are free of the shackles of a busybody who polices dress and speech so that the most prudish will not be offended. My take on this: Get over it.

Eleven: excellent analysis.

JBean: This might stem from the growing anger of people at the Gestapo-like power these airline drones feel they wield; first they tell you how, when, and where to do just about everything down to the size of plastic bags and now some twit doesn't like someones dress and tries to force them to cover up??
We're gonna see more and more backlash until these cretins are reeled in.

Crypto6

Do those of you that are fine with her clothing feel ok about it because she looks good in them? or basically because she has the "right" to dress how she pleases?
IOW, if she was 200 pounds overweight would you all feel exactly the same way about protecting her "right" to be scantily clad on an airplane if she wore this exact same outfit?

There is an old saying 'Don't where the uniform if you don't want someone to expect you to do the job.' As I once explained to my nieces, when you see a person in a Police Officer's uniform you assume he is a cop. When you see a woman with her goodies showing you assume she advertising the merchandise that is available. I think young ladies need to be taught modesty. If you have it showing, someone is gonna look.

JBean: This might stem from the growing anger of people at the Gestapo-like power these airline drones feel they wield; first they tell you how, when, and where to do just about everything down to the size of plastic bags and now some twit doesn't like someones dress and tries to force them to cover up??
We're gonna see more and more backlash until these cretins are reeled in.

Crypto6
Hi Crypto...this just doesn't bother me. I don't mind the airlines telling me what and how much to carry, it is a necessary evil IMO.
Regarding clothing, it really just comes down to each of our own threshholds for offensive. Since it would be impossible for us to agree, the airline reserves the right to make their own determination. That determination may depend on who is on duty that day.
Like in the drunk analogy. What might be acceptable drunkeness to you, may not be to me and so the airline makes their own determination and will refuse boarding to someone they feel is drunk.

If the personnel considered her outfit lewd..that is that. Personally, I don't think we have seen how she wore it initially. But that is of course my opinion.

Do those of you that are fine with her clothing feel ok about it because she looks good in them? or basically because she has the "right" to dress how she pleases?
IOW, if she was 200 pounds overweight would you all feel exactly the same way about protecting her "right" to be scantily clad on an airplane if she wore this exact same outfit?

My reaction and the length of time of my eyeballing may be different between the good-looking and the ugly , but my rational thought is the same: Free country.

Good point about differential treatment. Studies have shown we ascribe good motives and attributes to attractive people that we don't to those who are ugly.

Crypto6

My reaction and the length of time of my eyeballing may be different between the good-looking and the ugly , but my rational thought is the same: Free country

Good point about differential treatment. Studies have shown we ascribe good motives and attributes to attractive people that we don't to those who are ugly.

Crypto6
I think if she were unattractive and did not look what many consider "good" in the clothes, there would not be so much support JMHO of course!!!
I appreciate your honesty.

Let's not forget that the girl's top was so low that you could see her cleavage when she was getting on. I wonder how much? She did agree to pull her top up. She's got a mini skirt on to begin with and high heels to make it even shorter.
Unless she had an aisle seat, that must have been a sight as she had to crawl across other(s) to get to her seat. We all know how unladylike that goes when trying to get in or out.

I'm kind of suspect about this girl's motives being that this happened two months ago. She said she wants the airline to admit they were wrong. I'm gonna agree with Buzz and say it's now for her 15 min of fame.

I think if she were unattractive and did not look what many consider "good" in the clothes, there would not be so much support JMHO of course!!!
I appreciate your honesty.
She's just trying to use this as a springboard to Playboy, or some other magazine that specializes in flesh. The old adage; there's no such thing as bad publicity. Give us a break; she probably knew exactly what she was doing. She needs to stop with the , "Oh, I'm so innocent" act.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking
Back