Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have just caught up on this whole thread - firstly, my thoughts go out to Anas family and friends.

Thank you to those forum members for the Spanish lessons on the earlier pages of the thread I found that helpful - I know basic Spanish and the text in Spanish comes across to me as how I would communicate in Spanish.. basically beginner/novice style.

I believe one of two things happened that night either
1) <modsnip: not victim friendly/suggesting involvement of someone not named a POI by law enforcement>
Or
2) she developed a stalker in Spain - she’s a beautiful women so I am sure she gained a lot of attention in Madrid - I’d be looking at all the people who lived in that apartment block - could it be like the Joanna Yates case in the UK where a neighbour made an unwanted move on her?

For the culprit to know where the cameras were suggests to me this is somebody who has been inside the building before -<modsnip>

If the camera records I’d be interested to see if anyone entered the building who didn’t live there in the days prior to Anas disappearance - did they come to check out the layout, cameras etc prior.

The fact there also doesn’t seem to be any CCTV footage from nearby buildings also raises my suspicions that this is somebody who knows that area well.

I hope she’s found soon but it’s not looking promising.

Last edited by a moderator:
[bbm]

you're kidding right?
No, I'm not kidding. I don't know about anyone else but, if my sister were missing, I would speak candidly to police about everything I knew/heard/suspected, and let them do their job.

I wouldn't go to the media and trash talk her husband, and reveal all my sister's private conversations with me. Same as I wouldn't go on facebook and publicly post those things when she was alive and well.

What if she were found alive and came back, furious that I'd told the tabloids about her being depressed, cheated on, etc?

IMO, the only reason to tell tabloids these private stories about your loved one is either money-which I don't believe is the reason in this case, and b.some form of revenge, deliberately trying to destroy someone's reputation.

I realize the family are victims, but it used to be, under WS guidelines, that husbands are family too, and until police name them as a suspect, they are off limits for unfounded accusations. I think that is a good rule, that prevents WS from turning into the typical social media free-for-all.

JMO

Last edited:
The supposed new lover would be in league with millions of others ;)
Oh, but it is important. Ana, if I am not mistaken, didn’t live in Colombia since the age of 18. Any language develops, although slowly. I noticed about myself, I would never use some words in my mother tongue, considering them “stupid slang”, although they are merely new forms of the words that entered the language after I had left. If this is what happened to chevere, 22 years ago it was not used, and now it is, it could be an interesting clue.
ETA: that person exists for sure. What I would like to know would be how far the relationship has gone. Is the person expecting, for example? And Ana is “stuck” in Spain, and the divorce is neither here nor there.

Last edited:
I have just caught up on this whole thread - firstly, my thoughts go out to Anas family and friends.

Thank you to those forum members for the Spanish lessons on the earlier pages of the thread I found that helpful - I know basic Spanish and the text in Spanish comes across to me as how I would communicate in Spanish.. basically beginner/novice style.

I believe one of two things happened that night either
1) The husband paid for somebody to kidnap/murder her (I doubt the husband actually did this himself).
Or
2) she developed a stalker in Spain - she’s a beautiful women so I am sure she gained a lot of attention in Madrid - I’d be looking at all the people who lived in that apartment block - could it be like the Joanna Yates case in the UK where a neighbour made an unwanted move on her?

For the culprit to know where the cameras were suggests to me this is somebody who has been inside the building before - I’d be interested to know whether the husband had visited her there previously.

If the camera records I’d be interested to see if anyone entered the building who didn’t live there in the days prior to Anas disappearance - did they come to check out the layout, cameras etc prior.

The fact there also doesn’t seem to be any CCTV footage from nearby buildings also raises my suspicions that this is somebody who knows that area well.

I hope she’s found soon but it’s not looking promising.

Rameau said that Ana spent a few days with her in Austria, and she was not in the house all the time. She liked to travel. I see it more possible that the person came when she was away. Easier to explain, too. “Oh, I wanted to discuss the situation, but she wasn’t at home”.

I think FacelessPodcast said the intercom cameras most likely don't record. And that it's unlikely for there to be other surveillance cameras in the building.
What is this based on?

Do you think if someone was watching the cameras being spray painted, they wouldn't report it right away?

What is this based on?
So, I was wrong and there was a camera inside too by the elevator. That will have been recording. This is not the norm in most apartment blocks in Madrid but more common in upper crust areas (which she very much was in). The intercom does not record, it’s basically just a glorified peephole. My apartment block has an almost identical one

There is a chance then that she simply went downstairs and got into his car, or walked to the next intersection and got in a car, or even walked out of the back door if the parking was larger there. Blackened camera and intercom scream abduction, but it might be a pure diversion. IRL, a woman can willingly walk to a certain place to meet someone very well-known and trusted. Then it might look way more normal, and go check all CCTVs in Madrid. The only thing, she had to take more than just a phone with her, but maybe she did? That gives the perpetrator more time and less noise. All that is needed is one call. Sounds like a plausible version to me.

Was her photo shown on Spanish TV?
are guns common in Madrid? are they easy to get?

To sit in a bar and go to his hotel? (Now, I assume that stays on cameras, though.) There is something that makes me wonder, though. If she let someone known in and never left the apartment, as you said, the person must have been a professional. A murder is a murder, even if it is a tiny woman. But yet, the firemen who checked the apartment didn’t notice anything unusual as far as we know. That means, either real professionals or… maybe she walked outside to talk or took a car somewhere, or the guy knew where to park.
Now, if Spanish apartments are like Italian ones, I can imagine how people can barely see one another. But there probably is a camera on each floor, so spray painting two downstairs won’t change anything. Unless Ana’s apartment was on the first floor.
I assume that apartments in Madrid, even in old houses, are renovated, so no in-house thrash shafts, nothing from the old life. Maybe a back door? What about the cleaning people?
i think she easily could be silently strangled without damaging anything in the apartment, and then carried out in a suitcase in the elevator. One possibility. <modsnip: not victim friendly>

i think she easily could be silently strangled without damaging anything in the apartment, and then carried out in a suitcase in the elevator. One possibility. <modsnip: not victim friendly>
Surprise must have been used, because no noise was heard by the neighbors. <modsnip> I wonder if and how she was lured out of her apartment (she was seen alone at 10pm).

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
Sanna said David + Ana spoke that same day Ana went missing.

"As far as I know, David told Spanish police that he had heard from Ana the day she disappeared. I don't know what they were talking about. I know they weren't enemies, they maintained some kind of contact. They weren't together anymore, but they still talked," Sanna told us. is Ana's best friend.

According to the husband. I'd like to see it confirmed by his attorney. If it's true, phone records would prove it. Talking on the phone is not the same as travel.
Talking on the phone proves they are on speaking terms and not "done."

His attorney will say anything to spin a narrative.

He said David's been in Serbia the entire time, even though David filed a report with Fort Lauderdale police on January 26th.

David made it seem to Ana's brother that he was in Serbia (Feb 6th).

David told Sanna (Feb 7th) that he was in Florida.

David told Sanna (Feb 9th) that he was in Serbia and not coming to Spain to help her.

"As far as I know, David told Spanish police that he had heard from Ana the day she disappeared. I don't know what they were talking about. I know they weren't enemies, they maintained some kind of contact. They weren't together anymore, but they still talked," Sanna told us. is Ana's best friend.
In the Spanish press, they’re saying the ex “has not collaborated with the police”.

I’m assuming that means ignored them.

In the Spanish press, they’re saying the ex “has not collaborated with the police”.

I’m assuming that means ignored them.
Yes I agree with that from what I read. The article I am quoting was one of the early news sources. David initially spoke to the police - according to the lawyer + Sanna - but has since stopped cooperating, according to the more recent Spanish article from yesterday.

are guns common in Madrid? are they easy to get?
“obtaining a license requires passing a class, theory and practical test in Spanish and having a valid reason for owning the weapon. The majority of the population does not own a firearm and Spanish culture is not supportive of it”

What are you thinking on this @kaya3627 ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02
Back