Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Makes sense that communication would stop since he is represented now by his attorney. LE should be contacting his attorney for communication.
He hired the attorney early on, not in the past few days. The attorney said that in the first NewsNation interview.

Well then I guess Sanna and Ana's brother are liars and David's lawyer is telling the truth.

I don't think anyone is calling anyone a "liar" here, just that there are various accounts of the dates, events, and opinions in this case and it will have to be all sorted out by LE with evidence and facts.

I don't think anyone is calling anyone a "liar" here, just that there are various accounts of the dates, events, and opinions in this case and it will have to be all sorted out by LE with evidence and facts.
Clearly someone is lying. Either Sanna + Ana's brother or David + his attorney.

"David Knezevich, her still husband, is in Serbia, her native country, as several sources have confirmed to this medium. The husband of the missing woman is in contact with the National Police, he has provided his location and information, but nothing more. When Ana's family contacted him to try to obtain information about his whereabouts, he told them that he knew nothing and appeared cold and distant, with little interest, something that is striking considering that, legally, they are still married. ."
I thought her “native country” was Columbia

Jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
The source given for husband's non-cooperation with police is the family spokesperson Joaquín Amills, so not a police source.
His organisation is connected to the Ministry of the Interior - the Spanish state. In terms of a missing person, there are few people more senior in such a position. Also the Spanish press have mentioned the ex’s lack of collaboration with the Spanish police.

His organisation is connected to the Ministry of the Interior - the Spanish state. In terms of a missing person, there are few people more senior in such a position. Also the Spanish press have mentioned the ex’s lack of collaboration with the Spanish police.
Thank you

Makes sense that communication would stop since he is represented now by his attorney. LE should be contacting his attorney for communication.
I’m not trying to be glib or over-simplify but it doesn’t make sense if he wants to help in finding Ana. What does he have to lose? The Spanish police cannot put him in a cell. They cannot force him to give a statement. The lawyer could be present in remote questioning and advise his client not to answer anything he considers thorny.

Is the answer then: he does want to help find Ana but he’s worried the Spanish police will somehow make up a charge against him despite any possible evidence being non-existent?

The source given for husband's non-cooperation with police is the family spokesperson Joaquín Amills, so not a police source.
Police typically don’t give comment in ongoing cases. It’s highly unlikely you will see any such “police source” unless it’s an unnamed source talking to the press.

are guns common in Madrid? are they easy to get?
Depends on your norms. On the one hand, compared to the US guns are extremely rare and very had to get, as is violent crime.

The US as a whole has a gun ownership rate at 120.5 per 100 (1st in the world), Spain has 7.5 per 100 (89th in the world). Florida in particular is at 28.8. Serbia, though, is the highest in Europe being at 39.1. (from here) As for firearm deaths, Spain was at 0.08 and the last data for the US is at 4.05 (and Florida seems to be about average). The homicide rate for Spain is 0.61 and for the US it is 6.81 - honestly, a freakin' 10-fold difference is even higher than I thought.

On the other hand, could someone who plans to murder get a gun in Madrid? I suppose so, especially if they have enough money and time. Buying one just on an impulse as you walk towards your victim is not going to happen, but if the crime was pre-meditated and the culprit was familiar with guns, then yes, I suppose it could be done.

I’m not trying to be glib or over-simplify but it doesn’t make sense if he wants to help in finding Ana. What does he have to lose? The Spanish police cannot put him in a cell. They cannot force him to give a statement. The lawyer could be present in remote questioning and advise his client not to answer anything he considers thorny.

Is the answer then: he does want to help find Ana but he’s worried the Spanish police will somehow make up a charge against him despite any possible evidence being non-existent?
Also, David refuses to go to Spain because he doesn't know Spanish.

Yet he had no problems in Bogota, Colombia with his side girlfriend.

The press also published rumors in the past (e.g. about the husband being in Spain in January). It seems weird to me that while the police say nothing, they would let info about the investigation be leaked through other channels.

The press also published rumors in the past (e.g. about the husband being in Spain in January). It seems weird to me that while the police say nothing, they would let info about the investigation be leaked through other channels.
It happens all the time in the USA. Now if the leaked info actually hurt the case, that rarely happens from what I've seen.

David Knezevich was in his native Serbia when his wife, Ana, disappeared from her Madrid apartment on Feb. 2 and has been cooperating with both Spanish police and the FBI, said Ken Padowitz, his Florida-based attorney.

“David has worked with authorities. He has talked to detectives in Spain on a number of occasions. He’s provided credit card information ... He obtained a lawyer in Spain to sign documents that might help the Spanish authorities go into the apartment that his wife had rented,” Padowitz said. “He is doing everything that he possibly can ... from Serbia.”

He said if Knezevich, 36, traveled to Spain, that would not help the investigation or search.

“He does not speak Spanish. He does not have family in Spain. He does not have friends in Spain. He does not have a house or an apartment or any place to live in Spain,” Padowitz said.

He would likely need a Spanish speaking lawyer.

Also, David refuses to go to Spain because he doesn't know Spanish.

Yet he had no problems in Bogota, Colombia with his side girlfriend.
Might not be sus, maybe they don't talk much ;)

While the ex-husband is a walking red flag, I would not over-analyze every little detail we get via the telephone game at the moment. At the moment, we have to wait for either real new information being published (if the CCTV or mobile data gives them anything they need extra info on, like a car or a route for more CCTV) or wait for an arrest. The police in Europe is not generally chatty about investigations.

It happens all the time in the USA. Now if the leaked info actually hurt the case, that rarely happens from what I've seen.
I get an impression that leaks are not desired and are usually by anonymous persons, but here we have an official with a name. What else can he reveal that the police won't?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy
Back