Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No sorry. You can file a request on their website though.

Your post, copied below, states that the husband's attorney contradicted information that was in the Fort Lauderdale police report. Please provide a link to a source to confirm that. Otherwise state that it is only your opinion. Thank you.

kaya3627 said:
This information is the exact opposite of what Sanna, the Fort Lauderdale police report, and Ana's brother has stated.

Your post, copied below, states that the husband's attorney contradicted information that was in the Fort Lauderdale police report. Please provide a link to a source to confirm that. Otherwise state that it is only your opinion. Thank you.

kaya3627 said:
This information is the exact opposite of what Sanna, the Fort Lauderdale police report, and Ana's brother has stated.
If you read the previous posts you'll see it. But here it is again:

Updates today from Joaquín Amills, the family spokesperson in Spain:

“Sabemos que hay muchísima investigación y que se ha reforzado con más personal de Policía Judicial. También hay muchísima colaboración con el FBI y se están intercambiando muchísimos datos. Nosotros confiamos en el gran trabajo que se está haciendo y sabemos que hay unas líneas de investigación muy sólidas.”

We know that there is a great deal of (National Police) investigation which has been re-enforced with Judicial Police. There is also a great deal of cooperation between them and the FBI with a large amount of data shared between the two. We have faith in the great work they’re doing and we know that there are very solid lines of investigation.”

It’s mentioned that Ana had been to Spain before. Unclear how many times.

There’s also some mention of her relationship with her brother that I won’t get into except for the fact that they worked together and he seems to live in the US. (Unclear if this is Felipe, there seems to be another brother).

kaya3627 said:
How is it my opinion that David's lawyer said he was in Serbia this whole time? Yet, Sanna and her brother said David told them he was in Florida?

How is this my opinion?

How is it my opinion that David's lawyer said he was in Serbia this whole time? Yet, Sanna and her brother said David told them he was in Florida?

How is this my opinion?
There is no link to the police report that you are saying contradicts David's attorney's statements. If no link, then on WS, we usually add "IMO". (In my opinion)

JMO

Google translated title of the article:
The disturbing message from Ana Knezevich's brother to 'TardeAR': "For my safety and that of my family we do not want to make any more statements"

Apparently the couple's Florida home has been sold before Ana's disappearance (Google translation):
“We have seen on an important real estate portal in the United States that this house had been sold on January 26 for 950,000 euros,” reports the journalist from Ana Knezevich's home in Florida.

The disturbing message from Ana Knezevich's brother to 'TardeAR': "For my safety and that of my family we do not want to make any more statements"

Apparently the couple's Florida home has been sold before Ana's disappearance (Google translation):
“We have seen on an important real estate portal in the United States that this house had been sold on January 26 for 950,000 euros,” reports the journalist from Ana Knezevich's home in Florida.

It's going to be interesting to see how things will unfold in the next couple of days...

WS relies on MSM. When the information is in an MSM article, members only have to provide the link to that MSM article, not try to find the source themselves. MSM is responsible for vetting the information they provide.
Makes sense to me. Why then the double standard regarding the police report?

Does this forum not consider the The Sun Sentinel - "main daily newspaper of Fort Lauderdale, Florida" - to be MSM?

Makes sense to me. Why then the double standard regarding the police report?

Does this forum not consider the The Sun Sentinel - "main daily newspaper of Fort Lauderdale, Florida" - to be MSM?
ANYTHING stated as fact must be able to be substantiated with a link to the appropriate source.

If a member quotes something from a police report, they must link to the police report that they reference. Other members are totally entitled to ask for a link to the source, and if it is not provided, the information will be removed due to no link to an approved source. NO LINK, NO POST !!

This is all off topic, so please move on with discussing the case.

David's attorney did say that the couple were selling selling some of their real estate properties in advance of filing for a divorce. If this house sold as this journalist reports, and if the house was owned by both David and Ana, then both of their signatures/authorizations would be required for the sale of the house.

I don't understand because the link is there.

This is the same link:

Quote:

"David Knezevic was in town at some point between Jan. 17 and Feb. 6, because on Jan. 25, he reported a theft to Fort Lauderdale police. Someone had stolen close to $6,000 worth of motorcycle gear, bags, accessories, electronics and cash from his Mercedez-Benz, according to another incident report. He met with police that day and said he wanted to press charges."
Okay, I think there was some misunderstanding. I thought you were indicating you had read the police report but you weren't quoting something from the police report. You were simply referencing what was in the linked MSM article that contained reference to the police report.

That's fine .. members are not required to find info to support what MSM claims. If someone wants to refute what is in MSM, that person is the one who needs to find the original information from LE.

Moving on ... again :D Any more questions or concerns, please use the Report feature to discuss with Mods or Admin rather than trying to hash this all out on the public thread.

ANYTHING stated as fact must be able to be substantiated with a link to the appropriate source.

If a member quotes something from a police report, they must link to the police report that they reference. Other members are totally entitled to ask for a link to the source, and if it is not provided, the information will be removed due to no link to an approved source. NO LINK, NO POST !!

This is all off topic, so please move on with discussing the case.
Question: the Spanish police will almost certainly not name anyone as a person of interest. (Firstly, this phrase does not exist in Spanish. Secondly, this is not America, that’s not how it’s done here).

So given the silence of the police is basically guaranteed, does this mean no possible suspects can be discussed *even if they are named by MSM as the main suspect*? Thank you!

Edit: @Sillybilly , apologies, should I be asking this privately?

A couple of random thoughts.

1. In other cases I've followed, there have been instances of people claiming to be close to the missing person, who turned out to be no such thing--family not as close as they want people to think, acquaintances capitalizing on the spotlight, or now and then a malicious actor wanting to smear the missing person. Not saying any of that is happening here, just that almost everybody (not just on this case) has an agenda.

I think it's possibly also significant that she supposedly told her friend "I'm no longer going out tonight". Re-reading that, I wonder if she changed her plans
because she heard from someone that they were coming to see her...

Yes, this sounds very likely.

3. Is the "casket" helmet a motorcycle helmet? I'm not clear on the usage in Spain.

The alerts have been seen over 15 million times over the past week, according to Joaquin Amills Bonet, president of a Spanish missing persons volunteer organization helping in the search of the 40-year-old woman.

A poster of Colombian American missing woman Ana Maria Knezevic is displayed on a streetlight in Madrid, Spain, on Feb. 16.

Amills Bonet told NBC News that his organization is in constant communication with relatives and friends of Knezevic Henao and that he is serving as the family's spokesperson.

"Logically, fear is present," Bonet said in Spanish. "We always say that hope is the last thing to lose, therefore, we must always be looking for Ana María in good condition, alive."

Her husband retained Ken Padowitz, a trial attorney in Fort Lauderdale.

Padowitz said his client is working with Spanish authorities from Serbia but has no plans to travel to Spain.

“What everyone keeps bringing up is the optics of the fact that he didn’t go to Spain,” said Padowitz. “What David said to me, this is really a personal decision everyone would have to make.”

Local 10 News’ Bridgette Matter asked Padowitz about the revelation of text messages between Ana Knezevich and a friend talking about her marriage and that David Knezevich had another relationship with a woman in Colombia.

“I know about text messages you are talking about and I am privy to other text messages between the couple, and quite frankly, I really think the focus of this horrible, horrible situation should be on finding Ana,” said Padowitz.

Her husband retained Ken Padowitz, a trial attorney in Fort Lauderdale.

Padowitz said his client is working with Spanish authorities from Serbia but has no plans to travel to Spain.

“What everyone keeps bringing up is the optics of the fact that he didn’t go to Spain,” said Padowitz. “What David said to me, this is really a personal decision everyone would have to make.”

Local 10 News’ Bridgette Matter asked Padowitz about the revelation of text messages between Ana Knezevich and a friend talking about her marriage and that David Knezevich had another relationship with a woman in Colombia.

“I know about text messages you are talking about and I am privy to other text messages between the couple, and quite frankly, I really think the focus of this horrible, horrible situation should be on finding Ana,” said Padowitz.
As long as he is working with and answering questions from the Spanish authorities then I see no reason for him actually to go to Spain at this stage.

The one part I’m confused over is the timeline - I would like David or his attorney to clarify on record where David was over this period as in MSM some have said he’s been in Serbia the whole time yet a police report was filed in America - I’ll be careful what I say as I received my first ever MODSNIP on websleuth from this thread!!

PS I hope you’re getting plenty of rest after your medical procedure!

No, I'm not kidding. I don't know about anyone else but, if my sister were missing, I would speak candidly to police about everything I knew/heard/suspected, and let them do their job.

I wouldn't go to the media and trash talk her husband, and reveal all my sister's private conversations with me. Same as I wouldn't go on facebook and publicly post those things when she was alive and well.

What if she were found alive and came back, furious that I'd told the tabloids about her being depressed, cheated on, etc?

IMO, the only reason to tell tabloids these private stories about your loved one is either money-which I don't believe is the reason in this case, and b.some form of revenge, deliberately trying to destroy someone's reputation.

I realize the family are victims, but it used to be, under WS guidelines, that husbands are family too, and until police name them as a suspect, they are off limits for unfounded accusations. I think that is a good rule, that prevents WS from turning into the typical social media free-for-all.

JMO

“…husbands are family too..”

He sure isn’t acting like family IMO. People on WS regularly call out inconsistencies (such as David’s whereabouts - what his lawyer said vs what he told Sanna). This is not victim bashing and is necessary to the discussion IMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back