Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“obtaining a license requires passing a class, theory and practical test in Spanish and having a valid reason for owning the weapon. The majority of the population does not own a firearm and Spanish culture is not supportive of it”

What are you thinking on this @kaya3627 ?
I am just wondering how likely it would be for Ana to be taken by gunpoint - or how/why she would cooperate with the person if she wasn't strangled / drugged.

New article from today

Lawyer + Sanna are saying 2 different things.

Lawyer says David was in Serbia on Feb 2nd.

Sanna says "said Tuesday that David Knezevich told both her and Ana's brother that on Feb. 2 he was at the couple's Fort Lauderdale home and not in Serbia."

Yes I agree with that from what I read. The article I am quoting was one of the early news sources. David initially spoke to the police - according to the lawyer + Sanna - but has since stopped cooperating, according to the more recent Spanish article from yesterday.
It would be unusual to talk with LE once represented by an attorney. Contacts with authorities should go through the attorney.

ETA His attorney would have advised him not to speak to LE without his attorney present. If at all.

Talking on the phone proves they are on speaking terms and not "done."

His attorney will say anything to spin a narrative.

He said David's been in Serbia the entire time, even though David filed a report with Fort Lauderdale police on January 26th.

David made it seem to Ana's brother that he was in Serbia (Feb 6th).

David told Sanna (Feb 7th) that he was in Florida.

David told Sanna (Feb 9th) that he was in Serbia and not coming to Spain to help her.
Speaking terms could mean they are discussing their divorce. That doesn't mean that they need to meet in person.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
"David Knezevich, her still husband, is in Serbia, his native country, as several sources have confirmed to this medium. The husband of the missing woman is in contact with the National Police, he has provided his location and information, but nothing more. When Ana's family contacted him to try to obtain information about his whereabouts, he told them that he knew nothing and appeared cold and distant, with little interest, something that is striking considering that, legally, they are still married. ."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Informativos Telecinco has learned that there are doubts about whether David visited Spain a few months ago or not. Some sources suggest that he was in our country last January for several days, but other sources assure that they have no evidence that he has ever set foot in the territory."

Speaking terms could mean they are discussing their divorce. That doesn't mean that they need to meet in person.
Since they appear to be trying to sell off properties and take care of that before they officially file for divorce, I am sure they would need to talk about that as properties are being placed on the market and offers made, etc.

I've been up to speed with the thread and I'm considering the sources. His lawyer was on Cuomo twice - the second time yesterday. The family likely doesn't know everything about the husband's communication with police, but his lawyer should.
Here's the lawyer basically saying nothing.

4 minutes of "there were reasons for the divorce" and nothing else.

Since they appear to be trying to sell off properties and take care of that before they officially file for divorce, I am sure they would need to talk about that as properties are being placed on the market and offers made, etc.
According to reports they sold four properties since Ana arrived to Spain (in a little over a month).

Last edited:
"David Knezevich, her still husband, is in Serbia, her native country, as several sources have confirmed to this medium. The husband of the missing woman is in contact with the National Police, he has provided his location and information, but nothing more. When Ana's family contacted him to try to obtain information about his whereabouts, he told them that he knew nothing and appeared cold and distant, with little interest, something that is striking considering that, legally, they are still married. ."
I don't see anything here that says that his attorney isn't cooperating. That would surprise me if law enforcement put out that statement.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
Makes sense that communication would stop since he is represented now by his attorney. LE should be contacting his attorney for communication.

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes sense that communication would stop since he is represented now by his attorney. LE should be contacting his attorney for communication.
Indeed. I thought that would be understood and implied but I guess not. Silly Spanish police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02
Back