Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The only reasons to give the location by its distance from Madrid, I can think of: it's so small that no place name would be relevant to the recipient. One of them was Sanna. OK, that's possible. If it's some tiny finca in the middle of nowhere, she might not have any point of reference. But even then, Ana might say "a little place near Segovia" or whatever. The other was her friend in Madrid who, I am assuming is from here. (Or maybe a Colombian? I've read both, so I'm unclear. Possible I am conflating two separate friends). At any rate, they are communicating in Spanish. Therefore, why not give the place name. If the recipient is from Madrid, she is likely to understand any point of reference that Ana has.

The alternative: this place never existed at all, and the sender has merely picked an arbitrary "2h" to keep it out of the city at a good distance but not far enough away to sound like significant travel. But I can say for sure that if this "wonderful man" she supposedly met had a holiday home two hours outside of Madrid, he would have told her the closest town. That, in turn, is what she would have communicated.

I know she was in a vulnerable state given recent life events, I know that people in transitionary phases of life can be prone to impulsive acts. But frankly, the idea that she would meet someone and run off with them in the span of about 5-10 hours (if you ignore sleep-time) is ludicrous. Infinitely less credible once you factor in that she didn't give his name, his origin, or any single identifying feature beyond him finding her somewhere between therapy and her home.
Also, in the first text Ana says “now” she is leaving. In the second text sent hours later, Ana also says “now” she is leaving.

From what we got via MSM, the doctors advised Ana to leave, to separate from David physically, to recuperate, and she loved Spain since her European travels. Now, if they still have a family dog, and Ana left for her emotional stability, it would be normal and expectable to leave the dog with David.

But then David left. It would appear that what he said to Ana's family member was at variance with what the lawyer is stating now. (This part I can also understand and am not questioning. ) Anyhow, per David's lawyer, David is currently in Serbia. He has the right to be anywhere, but given that we all here don't like to leave pets in boarding places, I am curious about the animal. (Dog walkers and pet sitters make good money here, but per MSM, there are papers in the driveway, so, unlikely.)
Maybe a friend of David's or a family member of David's has the dog (if they have a dog). I don't recall from MSM if it was mentioned that David has family in the U.S.

Alternatively, a relative or friend of Ana took in the dog (if she had one) when she left for Spain. So far, her close friend and brother have not mentioned any concern about a dog and I think they might have mentioned it David's departure to Serbia included abandonment of a family pet.

New video from 3 hours ago

Sanna says "there is positive news in regards to the process" as of yesterday

She appears to be choosing her words very carefully so as not to interfere with the investigation by saying that "there has been some positive news in regard to how the investigation now is taking place." And as OP noted, Sanna refers to the "process" of this investigation. I wonder if she means that there is "progress" with the investigation or actually is referring to the process itself.

She appears to be choosing her words very carefully so as not to interfere with the investigation by saying that "there has been some positive news in regard to how the investigation now is taking place." And as OP noted, Sanna refers to the "process" of this investigation. I wonder if she means that there is "progress" with the investigation or actually is referring to the process itself.
Is the husband also receiving updates about the investigation? Technically he is Ana's next of kin.

Is the husband also receiving updates about the investigation? Technically he is Ana's next of kin.
Interesting question. If so, I assume it would be through his representative, his attorney.

Maybe the "good news" that Sanna is referring to with regard to yesterday's development is, in fact, related to the process of the investigation and refers to how the FBI, Florida authorities, Spanish authorities and others are working together in a more formalized arrangement as the investigation continues. Or maybe they have now secured a legal right to subpoena cell phone records from a U.S. carrier or something similar. They would have to show evidence to a judge to secure this legal right, and then serve the subpoena on the cell phone provider. It all takes time. Plus several countries involved in this case, definitely Spain and the U.S. and possibly Serbia. Also the state of Florida.

Speculation on my part. Given Sanna's comments on NewsNation.

The only reasons to give the location by its distance from Madrid, I can think of: it's so small that no place name would be relevant to the recipient. One of them was Sanna. OK, that's possible. If it's some tiny finca in the middle of nowhere, she might not have any point of reference. But even then, Ana might say "a little place near Segovia" or whatever. The other was her friend in Madrid who, I am assuming is from here. (Or maybe a Colombian? I've read both, so I'm unclear. Possible I am conflating two separate friends). At any rate, they are communicating in Spanish. Therefore, why not give the place name. If the recipient is from Madrid, she is likely to understand any point of reference that Ana has.

The alternative: this place never existed at all, and the sender has merely picked an arbitrary "2h" to keep it out of the city at a good distance but not far enough away to sound like significant travel. But I can say for sure that if this "wonderful man" she supposedly met had a holiday home two hours outside of Madrid, he would have told her the closest town. That, in turn, is what she would have communicated.

I know she was in a vulnerable state given recent life events, I know that people in transitionary phases of life can be prone to impulsive acts. But frankly, the idea that she would meet someone and run off with them in the span of about 5-10 hours (if you ignore sleep-time) is ludicrous. Infinitely less credible once you factor in that she didn't give his name, his origin, or any single identifying feature beyond him finding her somewhere between therapy and her home.
My only explanation- the person was on a tight time budget. That person knew that Ana was talking to her friends every day. So the break in routine would make friends anxious. The abductor wants to buy these two days, when he is not looked for. Somehow, during these two days, he is vulnerable. Later, not so much. In hindsight, it will be hard to check. But, his alibi doesn’t stand if it is checked within these two days. JMO.

It happened in the reverse, but it worked. What worked for him was the mentioned Barcelona trip, and the Sat-Sun time of the abduction. The Spanish police says, let us wait till Monday, maybe she’ll show up in Barcelona. Then Ana doesn’t show up, and it means that she has disappeared.

What doesn’t work in the plan is the fact that Ana is very close with her friends and they know her far better than the person thinks. So they don’t fall for just any text and instead, they get very anxious. Sanna is important. The brother is “family”, and families may have problems. But a very calm, careful person who says, “this is not Ana” or “she is my best friend, this is not her” is the collateral witness everyone can only dream about.

We don’t know what else happened. It is obvious that the person is a planner, that he has a flimsy alibi for the two days around Ana’s disappearance, and that while he knows of her routines, he couldn’t predict that his texts would make her friends anxious. Very sure of himself but not understanding people well. (But let us think the worst, a SK on Bumble, would he even think of sending texts? I don’t think so.) I think this person has known connection to Ana.

If I were Spanish police, I’d check the alibis of everyone they spoke to. Maybe someone on Bumble is traveling now, check the travel time. I guess Spanish police can talk with Serbian too. Everyone around Ana needs to be checked for the validity of her alibi. (Her friends as well, just in case.)

Last edited:
Interesting question. If so, I assume it would be through his representative, his attorney.

Maybe the "good news" that Sanna is referring to with regard to yesterday's development is, in fact, related to the process of the investigation and refers to how the FBI, Florida authorities, Spanish authorities and others are working together in a more formalized arrangement as the investigation continues. Or maybe they have now secured a legal right to subpoena cell phone records from a U.S. carrier or something similar. They would have to show evidence to a judge to secure this legal right, and then serve the subpoena on the cell phone provider. It all takes time. Plus several countries involved in this case, definitely Spain and the U.S. and possibly Serbia. Also the state of Florida.

Speculation on my part. Given Sanna's comments on NewsNation.
Or maybe they caught the perp on camera somewhere, carrying luggage. Perhaps they found his means of transportation. Or got some lab results back.

Maybe a friend of David's or a family member of David's has the dog (if they have a dog). I don't recall from MSM if it was mentioned that David has family in the U.S.

Alternatively, a relative or friend of Ana took in the dog (if she had one) when she left for Spain. So far, her close friend and brother have not mentioned any concern about a dog and I think they might have mentioned it David's departure to Serbia included abandonment of a family pet.
The dog’s whereabouts might mean, “planned” vs “unplanned”. (That, of course, implying that there is a family pet. I just saw these photos several times and they looked rather new.)

Interesting point about measuring distance in hours and USA vs EU.
Yes, it is a very good observation. I grew up in the USSR, and we, too, used to say, “in 40 kms from Moscow”. (Even in pre-revolutionary time, even when distance was measured in different units, it was always distance, not travel time.) So maybe, it is an all- European thing. If so, it is telling. When in the US, I can say, “driving 30 miles and back every day is not feasible,” or “against the traffic, it would take me 30 minutes,” so one’s mindset is flexible, like converting C to Fahrenheit. Ana was a US citizen, I think she thought like an American, but a local guy with a country house would give her the distance, not the driving time.

My only explanation- the person was on a tight time budget. That person knew that Ana was talking to her friends every day. So the break in routine would make friends anxious. The abductor wants to buy these two days, when he is not looked for. Somehow, during these two days, he is vulnerable. Later, not so much. In hindsight, it will be hard to check. But, his alibi doesn’t stand if it is checked within these two days. JMO.

It happened in the reverse, but it worked. What worked for him was the mentioned Barcelona trip, and the Sat-Sun time of the abduction. The Spanish police says, let us wait till Monday, maybe she’ll show up in Barcelona. Then Ana doesn’t show up, and it means that she has disappeared.

What doesn’t work in the plan is the fact that Ana is very close with her friends and they know her far better than the person thinks. So they don’t fall for just any text and instead, they get very anxious. Sanna is important. The brother is “family”, and families may have problems. But a very calm, careful person who says, “this is not Ana” or “she is my best friend, this is not her” is the collateral witness everyone can only dream about.

We don’t know what else happened. It is obvious that the person is a planner, that he has a flimsy alibi for the two days around Ana’s disappearance, and that while he knows of her routines, he couldn’t predict that his texts would make her friends anxious. Very sure of himself but not understanding people well. (But let us think the worst, a SK on Bumble, would he even think of sending texts? I don’t think so.) I think this person has known connection to Ana.

If I were Spanish police, I’d check the alibis of everyone they spoke to. Maybe someone on Bumble is traveling now, check the travel time. I guess Spanish police can talk with Serbian too. Everyone around Ana needs to be checked for the validity of her alibi. (Her friends as well, just in case.)
In my opinion, if I were a cybersecurity and IT expert who owned a multi-million dollar corporation specializing in cybersecurity, I could easily gain access to my spouse's or family member's various Internet accounts. This would enable me to monitor + control them.

Yes, it is a very good observation. I grew up in the USSR, and we, too, used to say, “in 40 kms from Moscow”. (Even in pre-revolutionary time, even when distance was measured in different units, it was always distance, not travel time.) So maybe, it is an all- European thing. If so, it is telling. When in the US, I can say, “driving 30 miles and back every day is not feasible,” or “against the traffic, it would take me 30 minutes,” so one’s mindset is flexible, like converting C to Fahrenheit. Ana was a US citizen, I think she thought like an American, but a local guy with a country house would give her the distance, not the driving time.
My question is, why tell anyone it’s two hours away at all? Why not just say “country house” or outside of Madrid? I’m trying to picture a madrileño saying “a recreational house two hours from Madrid” and it just feels so laughably unnatural. Or any Spaniard for that matter. If it were, I think it far more logical to be one of:

1) “I’m going to his finca” (like country house)
2) “I’m going to his place near X”
3) “I’m going to his finca in Segovia” — the
understanding being the farmhouse would be closest to but outside of Segovia or wherever

My question is, why tell anyone it’s two hours away at all? Why not just say “country house” or outside of Madrid? I’m trying to picture a madrileño saying “a recreational house two hours from Madrid” and it just feels so laughably unnatural. Or any Spaniard for that matter. If it were, I think it far more logical to be one of:

understanding being the farmhouse would be closest to but outside of Segovia or wherever
As an American who lives in a big city, I, and everyone I know, would never say "I'm going to a place 2h away from here." We would definitely name the place and maybe add, "it's about a 2 hour drive." In my opinion...

Sanna makes some really good points. Also, if you are asked by Spanish police to come and help with an investigation and you say “I can’t help”… how do you know?
Seriously... and in my opinion - your "amicable" husband and friend of 13+ years can do more, or at least the same, as what your friend of 1+ years can do by visiting Spain. Sanna has done so much to progress this investigation. For example, Sanna is the one who learned of the cameras being painted - because she went to Spain! Sanna is the one posting fliers of Ana around Madrid!

Seriously... and in my opinion - your "amicable" husband and friend of 13+ years can do more, or at least the same, as what your friend of 1+ years can do by visiting Spain. Sanna has done so much to progress this investigation. For example, Sanna is the one who learned of the cameras being painted - because she went to Spain! Sanna is the one posting fliers of Ana around Madrid!
I really do wonder what she means by good progress in the case. If I had to guess, I think it’s that the police has a hypothesis early on, and now they’ve made strides in confirming it

Also in Europe, distance is measured in time if time is more important than the actual distance.
For instance in the mountains, hiking 'distance' is indicated in hours: 6 hours to the summit, even if the distance is 1 km as the crow flies.
Also, when there is a lot of traffic, travel 'distance' is measured in time: that will at least take an hour at this time of the day.
The hypothecial finca may be quite near Madrid, but to get there may take time. is it far, that house of yours? ~ about 2 hours by car.

The disputed messages remind me of children having to write a story, and this is the best they can come up with. To me, these messages are more of a last minute effort (of an adult of course), not something that was very well planned ahead.

Also in Europe, distance is measured in time if time is more important than the actual distance.
For instance in the mountains, hiking 'distance' is indicated in hours: 6 hours to the summit, even if the distance is 1 km as the crow flies.
Also, when there is a lot of traffic, travel 'distance' is measured in time: that will at least take an hour at this time of the day.
The hypothecial finca may be quite near Madrid, but to get there may take time. is it far, that house of yours? ~ about 2 hours by car.

tHe disputed messages remind me of children having to write a story, and this is the best they can come up with. To me, these messages are more of a last minute effort (of an adult of course), not something that was very well planned ahead.
I agree.

IMO, the most important thing about the messages is not their contents, but that whoever sent them has - very stupidly - left a digital trail of where they were when they sent them.

JMO

I think he just looked at the map of Spain, to find some boonies with poor cellular connection, and picked up something approximately two hours away from Madrid.

Also, if he is not local and used his cellphone (unclear), here is some interesting information about Spanish SIM cards.

I paid attention to the fact that one needs an unlocked cellphone to use Spanish SIM card and that that Movistar provides services for both Spain and Latin America. I don't know what to make out of it yet, but my brain picked up these two facts. Maybe someone was choosing a Spanish SIM card and checking the coverage.

The disputed messages remind me of children having to write a story, and this is the best they can come up with. To me, these messages are more of a last minute effort (of an adult of course), not something that was very well planned ahead.

I can imagine a situation like this. "After work, I'd usually go to the Symphony. Why sit for three hours in traffic when you can listen to good music?" But, each time as the gas prices go up, people tend to use distance more, be it dollars/gallon or euros/litre.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back