Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Absolutely ridiculous to assume that people in Madrid would not want to know there may be a killer at large.. Spain has a great interest in crime, and newspapers & tv broadcasts dedicated to all types of crimes.

Racist reporting IMO, suggesting that Spain is not doing enough. This Coffindaffer isn't even in Spain, is she?

Absolutely ridiculous to assume that people in Madrid would not want to know there may be a killer at large.. Spain has a great interest in crime, and newspapers & tv broadcasts dedicated to all types of crimes.

Racist reporting IMO, suggesting that Spain is not doing enough. This Coffindaffer isn't even in Spain, is she?
In my opinion, negative media affects touri$m - especially in a wealthy location where Ana's apartment was.

Cuomo said his producer, Jen Brookman, has a source in Spain who relayed that most people did not hear of Ana when they passed out fliers. So if there is "racism" then the source in Spain is "racist."

Coffindaffer is the name of the former FBI agent.

Most of my recent posts regarding Ana have been translations from a Spanish news source TeleCinco.

The media in the USA has essentially stopped reporting about Ana, aside from Cuomo and NewsNation. Most recent USA media posts are from 7 days ago.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, this "news piece" was an utter nothing, devoid of anything but assumption and contradiction.

1. Cuomo is intrinsically linking the spray paint with her disappearance from the jump. Obviously, it seems very likely there is a connection but he doesn't know this. So in Line 1, he's making assumptions.

2. "Where are the investigators on this?" is one question. The answer is, you don't know because they don't tell you. Why assume they're not doing their utmost? Genuine question, you don't know where they're at, your guest can't tell you.

3. "Why haven't they bought this guy in?" Because he's in Serbia. Obviously. This is not difficult to comprehend. "At least for a conversation?" It's been made clear for days now, on multiple media outlets, that the National Police DO wish to speak with the husband. But, again, he's in Serbia. It doesn't take a detailed understanding of European sociopolitics to grasp that Spain and Serbia are two separate nations (to say nothing of the fact that the latter is not in the EU). "They should be asking him in." Again, for the love of God, they already have. He cannot be impelled to travel across Europe by Spanish police. Why is this very simple detail seemingly beyond the grasp of these two people?

4. Why assume Interpol is not involved in this process? But at any rate, it's neither here nor there. The husband is in one country. There is no need for a notice when they have his number. (The yellow notice is a different matter).

5. "In Madrid, nobody had heard of this." Totally wrong. It's been in the newspapers, it's been on the TV. I think they may be referring to Sanna / or TeleMadrid talking to the business-owner downstairs on her street who said they hadn't heard of it. But there are 6.5 million people in the Community of Madrid. The idea that Cuomo would say "nobody" as a fact is farcical. As for "very little on the local news", again, wrong. It may not be wall-to-wall coverage but then is Ana's case on the front page of the South Florida Sun Sentinel today? Is she in the 10 most-read articles today on their website? Beyond that, what is the implication here? That her case is irrelevant to the city of Madrid? If I said the name Iván Liñan Cano and people in Eureka CA told me they didn't know that name, would it be reasonable for me to starting making hard-and-fast judgements on an entire town?

6. They then speculate that maybe it's that it's somehow some kind of secret. This is bordering on the offensive by this point. A statement based on absolutely nothing. What would happen if people in Madrid knew there was a potential killer walking around? Why would that have to be some kind of state secret? Given the extremely low murder rate in Madrid, surely the opposite would be true and the people WOULD want to know of a potential killer. The woman then contradicts herself by wondering why they wouldn't alert the public. You can't suggest something and then openly wonder why your assertion is the assertion you just made. But it's irrelevant because it has been widely-reported. Maybe they speculate that it would hit tourism or some such? Well, Spain recently overtook France as the most visited country on earth in 2023. A single crime isn't going to change that. Certainly, the police isn't going to cover up a kidnapping or a murder in case it means Americans stop coming to enjoy their sangria in Madrid. Utter silliness.

7. She mentions "so little information" and then goes on to say the National Police shouldn't be sharing information anyway as it would hurt the case. So, which is it?

8. The best for last: "If we don't hear the investigators are having conversations (with the husband) there's something-there's something fishy here." Woo, boy. Genuinely hard to know what he means. That the National Police have just given him a pass? What exactly does fishy mean? Moreover, why is the NP obliged to share their work with this journalist at all? If you don't tell us what you're doing, despite my guest just saying that you shouldn't do that and me agreeing, then something strange is going on!

If anything is fishy, it would be a man who, I would wager couldn't name a single solitary criminal case in Spanish history, somehow being the arbiter of how this investigation is being run. Seems like "Jen" needs to do a better job of putting ideas in Cuomo's head. JMO.

snipped by me

If anything is fishy, it would be a man who, I would wager couldn't name a single solitary criminal case in Spanish history, somehow being the arbiter of how this investigation is being run. Seems like "Jen" needs to do a better job of putting ideas in Cuomo's head. JMO.
I agree, nothing new in this "update," but I will say that NewsNation and Cuomo have been one of the very few USA media outlets reporting on this case. Even though this "update" is mostly "BS" and "gossipy" compared to the other NewsNation updates, it's good that the case is still being talked about and brought up in USA media. In my opinion. I wouldn't have shared this video as it contains no new or pertinent information. In my opinion.

Perhaps Cuomo is acting this way in this video to try to bait the lawyer into coming on the show again.

According to the caption on the photo of David Knezevich, he is originally from Belgrade.

And Serbia allows dual citizenship, so even if he's a naturalized U.S. citizen it's likely he never gave up his Serbian one.

And Serbia isn't in the EU, so it's unlikely he'll be extradited to Spain, if he is guilty of her murder.

To be honest, I simply don't know why there are no news from Spain about this case, and plus, why Ana's friends now refuse to comment about it. The answers might differ.

- it might so happen that Spanish LE is on its way of solving this case, and they asked everyone to stop commenting for now; this is what I hope for

- it might also be that despite all obvious suspicions, David has managed to provide a verifiable alibi, and they basically have to start anew; at least it is not hopeless then

- it could be so that they found out that whoever abducted Ana is involved in other similar crimes, and then, indeed, no need to announce it out loud because LE are following the trail, but it might be a long road

- or, it could be that while Spanish crime rate is very low, sometimes loud things happen. Someone else got killed in February and it became big international European news, for example. Maybe too many occurrences for one country in one month. Alternatively, Jennifer Coffindaffer could be thinking of a very obvious situation potentially underlying the disappearance of a young, attractive woman traveling alone, anywhere. It is every country's pain, and Jennifer, being an FBI agent and a woman, might be concerned about it. (And sadly, it could have happened, because Ana made herself recently visible, by looking for a more permanent apartment.)

This being said, the US side is showing
certain concern about Ana's disappearance. It makes sense; she is a US citizen. I have to take your word, @FacelessPodcast, that the case is discussed in Spain. When I went to El Pais and searched for Ana Knezevich, I saw nothing, and it is the second-largest circulation in Madrid... So far, Hindustan Times wrote about Ana, they have good coverage of world news. NoticiasCaracol did, too. Serbian and Macedonian newspapers covered it; the Serbian ones repeat what we have read; the Macedonian ones say, "an American with a Serbian surname" and provide less information. Something to think about. BTW, looking at the way Knezevich is written and pronounced in Serbian, I have no question as to why David has "passports under two different names".

All in all, I guess, we should be thankful to NN for not dropping the case. Hope it will be solved.

This being said, the US side is showing certain concern about Ana's disappearance. It makes sense; she is a US citizen. I have to take your word, FacelessPodcast, that the case is discussed in Spain. When I went to El Pais and searched for Ana Knezevich, I saw nothing, and it is the second-largest circulation in Madrid... So far, Hindustan Times wrote about Ana, they have good coverage of world news. NoticiasCaracol did, too. Serbian and Macedonian newspapers covered it; the Serbian ones repeat what we have read; the Macedonian ones say, "an American with a Serbian surname" and provide less information. Something to think about.
As for coverage, IMO it is not unusual for EU cases to have a patchy coverage, especially as the police is not chatty with updates (you're probably well aware of that). My own country has no real relationship with Spain, but to my surprise it was initially covered here and also in other nearby countries. They usually write about missing people from other countries if it's either "very clickbaity" or if there is a real possibility international travel was involved (specific cases, for example people running from the law). I guess this case borders mostly the first category. An american getting kidnapped/killed in Spain sounds kinda like a Finn freezing to death in Spain. Makes you double back.

Plenty of women walk the streets of Madrid alone every day and night.
I'm holding my horses, but I'd be very surprised if that was a random Madridian, who targeted her in her home, got in without signs of forced entry, and then also used her phone to send messages, during which they cleverly used Columbian slang, even though she did not use that one.

As for coverage, IMO it is not unusual for EU cases to have a patchy coverage, especially as the police is not chatty with updates (you're probably well aware of that). My own country has no real relationship with Spain, but to my surprise it was initially covered here and also in other nearby countries. They usually write about missing people from other countries if it's either "very clickbaity" or if there is a real possibility international travel was involved (specific cases, for example people running from the law). I guess this case borders mostly the first category. An american getting kidnapped/killed in Spain sounds kinda like a Finn freezing to death in Spain. Makes you double back.

Plenty of women walk the streets of Madrid alone every day and night.
I'm holding my horses, but I'd be very surprised if that was a random Madridian, who targeted her in her home, got in without signs of forced entry, and then also used her phone to send messages, during which they cleverly used Columbian slang, even though she did not use that one.

Sometimes it is more interesting to check where the case is not covered at all, and ask oneself, why.
Knezevich, unfortunately, is a common name in certain Balkan states.
I don't believe it was random at all. I only hope it was straightforward enough to be solved soon. But something tells me it was not. Whoever did it, were goons, and probably, not too caring whether the messages looked authentic or not, but so far, it has been working for them/him. I am holding my fingers that Ana's family will have a closure.

Last edited:
BTW, looking at the way Knezevich is written and pronounced in Serbian, I have no question as to why David has "passports under two different names".
SBM. The names aren't that different, IMO. The pronunciation is (roughly) "Knezhevich", written Knežević in Cyrillic script in Serbia, which would be normally transcribed as Knezevic in the West, so there's the additional h. As an aside, foreign names are phonetically transcribed in Serbian and knez means prince.

Serbia has an embassy in Madrid. Spain has an embassy in Belgrade.

Both countries are member states of
the United Nations, Interpol, Council of Europe and Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe.

Spain is member state of the European Union since 1986 and Serbia is a candidate country since 2012 negotiating its future membership which Spain is strongly supporting.

SBM. The names aren't that different, IMO. The pronunciation is (roughly) "Knezhevich", written Knežević in Cyrillic script in Serbia, which would be normally transcribed as Knezevic in the West, so there's the additional h. As an aside, foreign names are phonetically transcribed in Serbian and knez means prince.

Yes, a prince, or a knight, or a duke...it exists in many Slavic languages, but while in some of them, any forms of this name are rare because it was a very high-level, rare title, i assume that in Serbia any chieftain could probably be a "knyaz" (the origin of the word is exactly the same as the chess knight, "on a horse," btw, and traces back to the 10th century). Or maybe, they all came from one Knezevich, but the tree is huge now. Too huge.

March 2nd, 2024

"The lawyer, who is a collaborator of the SOS Desaparecidos Association, will be the one to defend the interests of Ana María's family once the Spanish consulate in Miami, where they reside, grants them the power to appear in the case being investigated by a Madrid court.

Thus, once the confidentiality of the summary under which the disappearance is investigated is lifted, the family will be able to know "where the shots are going" in the investigations of the National Police and obtain the information that they now lack, he details.

"We know that the FBI is carrying out its investigations, both here and in Serbia - where Ana María's husband is - and that the Police have taken the disappearance very seriously," Medina emphasizes."

"He also points out that the family has learned that the husband, while in his native Serbia, has begun to sell a good part of the shared assets.

David's lawyer, Ken Padowitz, who on his website says he has been dedicated exclusively to criminal law for 35 years, has stated in several American media that his client is collaborating in every way possible and that if he does not travel to Spain it is because he does not know the language and has no family or friends there.

Against this, Amills counters: "He does not collaborate either on the informational level, on the economic level or on the moral level. Communication is zero and the times that there have been have been in a threatening tone.
Furthermore, David has been to Spain several times

and "It would be best for him to come and see first-hand what is happening," he says."

"One day after receiving the message, one of her friends went to Ana's home to look for her and, due to the lack of response, alerted the authorities. When the firefighters entered through one of the windows, they found all Ana's belongings and the usual disorder, but not a single clue as to her whereabouts.

A month after his disappearance, the case remains at the same point."

Translated + Snipped from:

Last edited:
Thus, once the confidentiality of the summary under which the disappearance is investigated is lifted, the family will be able to know "where the shots are going" in the investigations of the National Police and obtain the information that they now lack, he details.
Just to clarify in case it was immediately obvious, where the shots are going means like which direction something is moving in, which track we're on. If someone says yes, that's where the shots are going, it means like yeah, you've got the idea. Also that confidentiality summary is why there has been radio silence from the National Police.

Communication is zero and the times that there have been have been in a threatening tone.
Furthermore, David has been to Spain several times
The whole article is concerning. But particularly these two. Why would there be any motivation to threaten anyone at all here? And if that last line is true, it means an evident lie has not just been told to family members and friends, but also then disseminated on national news.

Just for some clarification of earlier discussions about the text messages:

According to the brother of the missing woman, she would not refer to a place like that with the terms “recreation house” and, in addition, she would also announce the lack of signal in that way; She would say: “I almost have no signal,” adding: “If anything, I'll call you when I get back.”

Según el hermano de la mujer desaparecida, ella no se referiría a un sitio como esos con los términos “casa de recreo” y, además, también anunciaría la carencia de señal de esa manera; diría: “casi no tengo señal”, añadiendo: “si algo, te marco cuando vuelva”.

Translated from source:

The whole article is concerning. But particularly these two. Why would there be any motivation to threaten anyone at all here? And if that last line is true, it means an evident lie has not just been told to family members and friends, but also then disseminated on national news.

<snipped for focus>

I suppose it's possible that he threatened a civil lawsuit if they continued to accuse him of being involved in Ana's disappearance. The threat of a civil lawsuit could definitely result in the family and friends refraining from making accusations to national and international news media.

"He also points out that the family has learned that the husband, while in his native Serbia, has begun to sell a good part of the shared assets.

<snipped for focus>

If Ana and her husband, David, had agreed that they needed to sell some of their properties in advance of a pending divorce settlement, then the property (or properties) that are now selling could have been put on the market some time ago, with both Ana and David in agreement to sell them. And one or more of these properties could have recently sold after being on the market for a while. David being in Serbia shouldn't have an impact on the selling of the properties, his realtor and/or attorney would normally be able to handle that in his absence. It's possible that Ana agreed to the sales before she departed for Spain. I don't see this as any evidence that David is necessarily involved in foul play here.
It could, but not necessarily.

So far there is no evidence that David is involved in Ana's disappearance, just innuendo. We need actual evidence before assuming his involvement, other than the normal practice of looking closely at the "ex" in a spouse's disapperance. So far, no evidence has surfaced. So far, it is just dueling attorneys - in Spain for Ana's family and friends, and in the U.S. for David.

<snipped for focus>

I suppose it's possible that he threatened a civil lawsuit if they continued to accuse him of being involved in Ana's disappearance. The threat of a civil lawsuit could definitely result in the family and friends refraining from making accusations to national and international news media.
It was stated in the news that the family chose to remain silent due to safety concerns. This seems more than a lawsuit issue.

So far there is no evidence that David is involved in Ana's disappearance, just innuendo. We need actual evidence before assuming his involvement, other than the normal practice of looking closely at the "ex" in a spouse's disapperance. So far, no evidence has surfaced. So far, it is just dueling attorneys - in Spain for Ana's family and friends, and in the U.S. for David.
SBM. We don't know if LE found evidence or if any has been divulged to Ana's family. I presume they know more than the public. Even Ana's friend seems to keep contact with police. Perhaps family/friends know which steps were taken to find Ana's killer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back