SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, if I understand this correctly, Daniel left the resort - alone - in the rental car..?
And both had their mobile phone, so they could contact each other?

Q:how is public transportation there?
Q:They rented one car, together?

In Malaga you can also hire scooters and motorbikes. Don't know if one of them had a drivers license for
motors?
In Estepona I would say public transport isnt exactly 'there'll be another along in a minute. ' The main thoroughfare is well policed, and the police are diligent. For example you wouldn't risk having a drink and driving. Scooters are available, but youd need a hire shop and they take a copy of your passport. One car from Malaga airport for two guys is reasonable, they would have needed a hire car to get to the hotel, a taxi would have cost a lot.

Thinking again about the term" Operation Pheasant " and its' possible meaning in relation to the disappearances and this place in Spain now comes to mind.
Fresh appeal to find Burgess Hill father and son missing in Spain
“We know that Daniel and Liam hired a grey Peugeot 308 car when they got to Spain but this has not been returned to the car hire firm.

“We would like to hear from anyone who has seen them, the car or has any information about their whereabouts in Spain or any other location since March 31.”

Anyone who can assist with the investigation can report online or ring 101 quoting Operation Pheasant"

Pheasant Island
"Pheasant Island, situated in the center of the Bidasoa River, is known as a “condominium,” a territory belonging to two separate nations at the same time. Every six months, representatives from France and Spain meet on Pheasant Island to exchange official papers, handing sovereignty of the island from one country to the other.

Not only is Pheasant Island the world’s longest-lasting condominium, it is also the only one to alternate sovereignty between the two countries throughout the year, as opposed to condominiums like Antarctica, where countries share sovereignty over the land simultaneously. Although the river island lies only a few dozen feet off the coast of each country, visitors are banned."

Thinking again about the term" Operation Pheasant " and its' possible meaning in relation to the disappearances and this place in Spain now comes to mind.
**SNIP**
I wouldn't go looking for meaning in Police operation names, they are randomly assigned.

For instance, I'm aware of a Friday night pub patrol operation that was called Op Gorilla (maybe guerilla) and had nothing to do with primates, other than metaphorically.

Not connected but thought worth a share as there was some chat about whether they could have had a car accident.

British man, 59, missing for three months 'found dead' after his car was found in Spanish reservoir | Daily Mail Online

I'm following this case, and waiting for more info about how it happened. There appears to be a trail of sorts that leads to a small 'beach', and assuming the car went 200 m into the water along the same line that it came out, it must have traveled over what looks like a bumpy road. No one would confuse this with a regular road.
IMHO Mr Walker, being a fisherman, would have known where he was going, if he went of his own free will. But it is hard to see how this could have been an accident.

A car that goes off a steep side may never be found, or it may take years of draught before it appears.

Time to close this thread until there's something new to discuss imo.

<modsnip - discussing moderation>
It is impossible to help without fact. Naming people at will is wrong and referring to previous cases and trying to justify a link is not on either.
There is a strong possibility they could have gone off the road and I agree in some places it could take years before a vehicle was discovered. Some of the roads in and around Estepona are treacherous.

<modsnip - discussing moderation>
I do know there are many people who would help in the Costa del Sol but I think many of you have mentioned before you can't expect people to walk into the unknown.

I like everyone else on here hopes that the family get to know whats happened one way or another. It worries me that there are no feet on the ground handing out flyers etc its now been nearly 3 months since they were seen <modsnip - criticizing family and friends> I hear what people say about it being to dangerous, how do we know its dangerous unless the police and family are withholding something significant .

Last edited by a moderator:
None of you have walked in her shoes. Go judge elsewhere. This is a victim friendly site.

The only victims in this are the two children Danny left at home. Sadly none of you who are posting live in the area so none of you can see or hear what is going on. <modsnipped> I'm also very aware that people cope with things in different ways.

Who is anyone to judge what the family do in this situation.

Personally I hope she has a well deserved break if anyone deserves it after her last few months then Lauryn does.

I don't get the toxic negativity towards a young girl who is just trying her best in a bad situation.

Who is anyone to judge what the family do in this situation.

Personally I hope she has a well deserved break if anyone deserves it after her last few months then Lauryn does.

I don't get the toxic negativity towards a young girl who is just trying her best in a bad situation.
A very perplexing case. Every turn of the corner is a stone wall. <modsnipped>

A very perplexing case. Every turn of the corner is a stone wall. People genuinely attempting to assist in anyway get nothing but abuse on Facebook for their efforts if the family dont like it. Dont get me wrong, but they're asking for the public's help but not helping themselves by being open. I cant figure it out at all. It's like having your dog go missing but you won't give anyone a description. Just my opinion.

There is no need to explain yourself @Laurynpoole. You are young and you're life is your life!
The circumstances are hard enough for you, not knowing what happend to your dad and brother..
I'm sorry for your little baby, very devastating *advertiser censored*

The most important thing, you can do right now, is to be good to yourself!

Hi Everyone,

Please welcome our newest verified member. Laurynpoole.

Lauryn's father Daniel and her brother Liam are the topics of this thread.

Lauryn on behalf of everyone on Websleuths we are so sorry you are going through this nightmare and will do whatever we can to help.

Everyone remember Lauryn does not have to post links to back up what she says.

You are welcome to ask Lauryn questions but it is up to Lauryn to decide if she answers them.

Please remember you can't argue or accuse a VI of lying. If you don't believe what is being posted just scroll by.

The thread is now open for discussion.

Take care everyone,
Tricia

Welcome back VI @Laurynpoole !
Glad to see this thread open again.

@Laurynpoole ,I do have some questions:
You mentioned before that the last sighting on CCTV was from your dad -alone- in the car,driving away from the hotel and it seems your dad and brother didnt left together?
There was no CCTV footage of your brother,that day at the hotel?

Do you know if LE was able to trace their phones/pings?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back