SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Welcome back VI @Laurynpoole !
Glad to see this thread open again.

@Laurynpoole ,I do have some questions:
You mentioned before that the last sighting on CCTV was from your dad -alone- in the car,driving away from the hotel and it seems your dad and brother didnt left together?
There was no CCTV footage of your brother,that day at the hotel?

Do you know if LE was able to trace their phones/pings?

My dad left on his own.
It is said that Liam stayed with the family friend on the Monday evening, after the confirmed siting of the 4 at a Chinese restaurant having drinks in estepona.
My dad would have gone back to the hotel on his own, and left Tuesday morning, leaving the car park in the hotel.
I would imagine he was going to pick up my brother.
I’d assume so, because if Liam was still with the friend, it would just be my dad who was missing.

From what I know phones were not traceable.

**SNIP**
I’d assume so, because if Liam was still with the friend, it would just be my dad who was missing.

So when was the last sighting of Liam? Has that family friend confirmed that he stayed overnight? Did no-one see your dad pick him up on Tuesday morning?

How well do you know this family friend? Excuse me for asking, but are they trustworthy? That home has got to be the place to start investigating what happened.

So when was the last sighting of Liam? Has that family friend confirmed that he stayed overnight? Did no-one see your dad pick him up on Tuesday morning?

How well do you know this family friend? Excuse me for asking, but are they trustworthy? That home has got to be the place to start investigating what happened.

The friend has confirmed.
And I’ve been told my dad collected on Tuesday afternoon. :)
I would imagine all lines of enquiries are being made by police x

Hi Everyone,

Please welcome another family member. Pooleinquiry is now verified as the brother of Daniel and the uncle of Liam.

Pooleinquiry on behalf of everyone on Websleuths we are so sorry you are going through this nightmare and will do whatever we can to help.

Everyone remember Poole inquiry does not have to post links to back up what she says.

You are welcome to ask Pooleinquiry questions but it is up to Pooleinquiry to decide if he answers them.

Please remember you can't argue or accuse a VI of lying. If you don't believe what is being posted just scroll by.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still thinking about you @Laurynpoole and following this thread!

Have you personally spoken with the family friend where Liam spent the night? Did Liam give the friend any indication of what the plans were for Tuesday?

Have the missing organizations or Lucie Blackman Trust been able to help?

So frustrating. :(

Hi Everyone,

Please welcome another family member. Pooleinquiry is now verified as the brother of Daniel and the uncle of Liam.

Pooleinquiry on behalf of everyone on Websleuths we are so sorry you are going through this nightmare and will do whatever we can to help.

Everyone remember Poole inquiry does not have to post links to back up what she says.

You are welcome to ask Pooleinquiry questions but it is up to Pooleinquiry to decide if he answers them.

Please remember you can't argue or accuse a VI of lying. If you don't believe what is being posted just scroll by.
Hi VI @Pooleinquiry,
Glad you are also here (back) here. Good to see family members bound together on this thread, during these difficult times for you all.

I still have a question:
Are there more CCTV footage from the hotel, then the one, that was mentioned before?

Also according to the search I did post earlier in this thread, was about 2 tollroads that has CCTV. AP-7 and AP-46. Maybe they had to drive these roads to get to their family friend?

Maybe as family, you got more details from LE then was made public, maybe you can sort out a Timeline for yourselves?

Just some random thoughts here..

The friend has confirmed.
And I’ve been told my dad collected on Tuesday afternoon. :)
I would imagine all lines of enquiries are being made by police x

Glad to see you verified Lauryn :)

So the family friend is the last known person to see both Daniel and Liam on Tuesday afternoon when Daniel picked up Liam and they both drove off. Did Liam not say anything to the friend during his stay there regarding his and his father's plans for the next day?

I wonder, have LE looked for cctv footage in the area of the friend's house to determine which direction they were going?

So the family friend is the last known person to see both Daniel and Liam on Tuesday afternoon when Daniel picked up Liam and they both drove off. Did Liam not say anything to the friend during his stay there regarding his and his father's plans for the next day?

I wonder, have LE looked for cctv footage in the area of the friend's house to determine which direction they were going?
My understanding is that Spain has strict data protection (privacy) laws so homes and business are not allowed to have CCTV cameras that capture the general public. There are exceptions to the rules but they seem to be geared to recordings inside business establishments. I’ve heard that the only establishments that have them pointing at the street are the gasoline (petrol) stations.

Thanks to @ZaZara there's now a Spanish version. PDF and image files of all 3 attached.

Shareable links:

English PDF
German PDF
Spanish PDF

English JPG
German JPG
Spanish JPG

I know not everyone does facebook etc., but for those who do, don't be shy in sharing.

Most of my family lives in Andalucía so I've shared. Thanks for those translations!

Perhaps Danny and Liam have managed to make their way over to Mexico!

That would be kind of hard as they'd have to board a plane or ship and travel halfway around the world for days without anyone seeing them.

I think you’re missing the fact that although I appreciate everyone’s help on here, not everything that is relevant will be posted on a public online forum. Please don’t just assume I’m not doing things that I know can help but thank you for the suggestion, I took on Otos advice when I read the comment :)

Thank you for your comments Mrcandid I really appreciate any advice :)

Thank you so much for coming on here. I'm sorry you've been getting any grief here. That needs to stop.

People- Not everyone has the means to fly to another country to look for a needle in a hay stack.

I have a suggestion but it makes me nervous because I don't know why you have been told not to contact the media.

Do you feel confident in the Spanish police's efforts?

I feel like publicity via more public, emotional appeals would be good. First, it would help make people keep their eyes open if something happened off the road and second, it could spark remorse or sympathy in someone involved or who knows someone involved, IF there has been foul play.

Does your family have the ability to appoint a very intelligent family spokesperson? Either someone in your family, a family friend or someone from a victim's advocacy group who might be willing to help?

I'm worried about why the police told you not to talk to the press. Clearly they have more info than I but if they aren't giving you a reason why and there's been no progress in three months, maybe that's the wrong tack.

If I were you I'd ask the police exactly why they don't want you going to the police. If the answer wasn't logical or good enough I'd warn the police that I would be going to the press.

Then I would be trying to get on the news every week constantly talking about my brother and father. Showing their photos. Discussing all the wonderful and unique things about them. Making sure the public sees them as human and as beloved family members.

I would talk also, multiple times, about how their disappearance has affected me and my family.

In any comments I would make sure to make only positive comments about the police and the Spanish public, saying how grateful I was for all they've done and how they've shown that they care. But that I need them to help me some more by spreading the word, looking for them or their car while on the roads and by coming forward if they have any info.

Spaniards understand and value family so you can go use that to your advantage.

Another thing that could help is posting a heartfelt YouTube video about your father and brother and what happened.

I've created one before in another case and could possibly help you in some way. Showing you how I did mine at least?

Let me know.

Are we allowed to ask questions based on what we see on social media? If so why does Liam's mum say she knows what happened? (If not then please just delete)

Read the TOS:

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Read the TOS:

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Thank you ZaZara. I will leave this board now and move on. I understand the rules but looking on Facebook has 'solved' this case for me.

I

My dad left on his own.
It is said that Liam stayed with the family friend on the Monday evening, after the confirmed siting of the 4 at a Chinese restaurant having drinks in estepona.
My dad would have gone back to the hotel on his own, and left Tuesday morning, leaving the car park in the hotel.

Its ok to imagine he was picking up your brother...but.. there has to be proof that these friends were even still with them after the meal you mentioned (of which is is confirmed) present at meal only..... but there needs to be more evidence than assuming or imagining they were with friends after that. They did have other associates of morrocan origin which was said earlier on in this forum... again how can we not imagine they had met up with them..... every lead has to be explored here .

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmpinva
Back