SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

From the quoted link

Lisa says: “We believe they met some guys for dinner at a Chinese restaurant in Estepona on April 1st and we think Liam went on somewhere with one of these men.

“Danny must have returned to the hotel as he was apparently seen leaving alone the next morning in the hire car. That’s the last anyone has seen or heard of either of them'

I don't recall hearing that Daniel was alone that morning? It seems logical that Liam was been with whoever Daniel went to meet.

From the quoted link

Lisa says: “We believe they met some guys for dinner at a Chinese restaurant in Estepona on April 1st and we think Liam went on somewhere with one of these men.

“Danny must have returned to the hotel as he was apparently seen leaving alone the next morning in the hire car. That’s the last anyone has seen or heard of either of them'

I don't recall hearing that Daniel was alone that morning? It seems logical that Liam was been with whoever Daniel went to meet.

Update:

A hire did get was purchased. A Peugeot, has been reported stolen.Dad seen driving it from the hotel Tuesday morning.
Cctv footage confirms.

Tuesday morning. confirms my dad driving the Peugeot out of the Hotel car park, leaving the hotel Tuesday morning.

RSBBM

My dad left on his own.
It is said that Liam stayed with the family friend on the Monday evening, after the confirmed siting of the 4 at a Chinese restaurant having drinks in estepona.
My dad would have gone back to the hotel on his own, and left Tuesday morning, leaving the car park in the hotel.

I would imagine he was going to pick up my brother.
I’d assume so, because if Liam was still with the friend, it would just be my dad who was missing.

RSBBM

Interesting read:
Chinese Drug Trafficking Network in Costa del Sol Dismantled as Police in Malaga Arrest 19 Individuals Involved - Euro Weekly News Spain News Article

Since Daniel was once arrested for marijuana. This organization could be the one they met at the restaurant.

He apparently met Brits who he already knew, a family friend (some friend, huh?). Not to say they weren’t linked to the Chinese, but there’s been no previous murmurs about that.

Interesting read:
Chinese Drug Trafficking Network in Costa del Sol Dismantled as Police in Malaga Arrest 19 Individuals Involved - Euro Weekly News Spain News Article

Since Daniel was once arrested for marijuana. This organization could be the one they met at the restaurant.
There were also the Swedish gang Los Suecos, but they seem to have been arrested in 2018, although the leader wasn't arrested until June this year. There is a connection to England though, the murder of Flamur Beqiri in Christmas 2019.
How police brought down the most dangerous gang on the Costa del Sol
Gängledare i ”Los Suecos” gripen i Dubai
UK - Flamur 'Alex' Beqiri, 36, Swedish nat'l, fatally shot in front of family, London, 24 Dec 2019

There were also the Swedish gang Los Suecos, but they seem to have been arrested in 2018, although the leader wasn't arrested until June this year. There is a connection to England though, the murder of Flamur Beqiri in Christmas 2019.
How police brought down the most dangerous gang on the Costa del Sol
Gängledare i ”Los Suecos” gripen i Dubai
UK - Flamur 'Alex' Beqiri, 36, Swedish nat'l, fatally shot in front of family, London, 24 Dec 2019

Flippin heck (polite version!).

Interesting read:

D & L met the other people in a Chinese restaurant. No reason to assume Chinese restaurants are connected with drug rings.

But the article is interesting, the Chinese drug gang tried to keep tight control over their activities by using Chinese slaves, and they distributed the drugs by mail, rather than by couriers/dealers. IMO they wouldn't allow any outsiders into their drug operation.

That raises a possibility for me, that the drug activity in that area may have been intense, and intensely competitive, violent and distrustful, at the time Liam and Daniel were there. I have come across stories over the years of a few other travellers who innocently happened into a situation of violence and paranoia in a drug gang, and they were targetted because it was incorrectly assumed they were spies either from police agencies or from a rival drug gang.

Edited to add: the other motive, if they had a large amount of cash, would be robbery. This would be a better explanation for why they were made to vanish.

D & L met the other people in a Chinese restaurant. No reason to assume Chinese restaurants are connected with drug rings.

But the article is interesting, the Chinese drug gang tried to keep tight control over their activities by using Chinese slaves, and they distributed the drugs by mail, rather than by couriers/dealers. IMO they wouldn't allow any outsiders into their drug operation.

That raises a possibility for me, that the drug activity in that area may have been intense, and intensely competitive, violent and distrustful, at the time Liam and Daniel were there. I have come across stories over the years of a few other travellers who innocently happened into a situation of violence and paranoia in a drug gang, and they were targetted because it was incorrectly assumed they were spies either from police agencies or from a rival drug gang.

Edited to add: the other motive, if they had a large amount of cash, would be robbery. This would be a better explanation for why they were made to vanish.

Woah. BBM. Do you have any links for us please?

Looks like a fight in a bar among British men.
It looks like it, except I don’t think a simple British tourist would have a gun on him in a tourist resort in Spain. We here in Europe are not allowed to roam around with guns.
That’s not to say no one legally can have one, but you need a very good reason to have permission to legally own one, never mind bring it from the UK to Spain.
If it’s obtained illegally, the likelihood of those being just some tourists is even less.

Narcotics investigators will be on the case until they can prove what the motive of the shooting was.

BREAKING: British man shot in the face in Spain's Marbella - Olive Press News Spain

"The emergency 112 service received a call just before 9 pm yesterday warning of a brawl on Avenida del Prado, in the Aloha urbanisation of Nueva Andalucia"

IMHO the huge difference with the disappearance of Daniel and Liam is that in their case there are no witnesses that we know of.

"The emergency 112 service received a call just before 9 pm yesterday warning of a brawl on Avenida del Prado, in the Aloha urbanisation of Nueva Andalucia"

IMHO the huge difference with the disappearance of Daniel and Liam is that in their case there are no witnesses that we know of.
Unfortunately, as you said there aren’t any witnesses that we know of.
People who are brazen enough to shoot someone with witnesses around, IMHO are definitely capable to kill someone in a “business deal” gone wrong situation where no one else was around. Or when they think the others are working for police/rivals, or when there is just a set up where no deal ever really was going to be made.
Costa del Sol is unfortunately the place where a lot of drugs arrives and different drug organizations/gangs are active.
Just the other day this happened:
Eight Dutchmen stuck for running 'most active cocaine gang in Europe' | This weekend's best stories - World Today News

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back