SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unfortunately, as you said there aren’t any witnesses that we know of.
People who are brazen enough to shoot someone with witnesses around, IMHO are definitely capable to kill someone in a “business deal” gone wrong situation where no one else was around. Or when they think the others are working for police/rivals, or when there is just a set up where no deal ever really was going to be made.
Costa del Sol is unfortunately the place where a lot of drugs arrives and different drug organizations/gangs are active.
Just the other day this happened:
Eight Dutchmen stuck for running 'most active cocaine gang in Europe' | This weekend's best stories - World Today News

Eeh ...what? Whoever is responsible for the disappearance of Daniel and Liam managed to stay out of the hands of the police, unlike those involved in the brawl who were arrested immediately. Also, those responsible for the disappearance of Daniel and Liam managed to make the bodies disappear without leaving a trace as to where they went. (All assuming D & L did not leave of their own free will, and have moved to say, Morocco or South America. I think that this is unlikely and that they are no longer alive.)

IMHO we should agree to disagree about the description of 'brazen'. To me, those involved in the brawl were drunk and stupid. No planning, no organization. Not aiming that gun very well either. If they are part of an organized crime network, their superiors won't be happy with the way they were operating.

IMHO if Daniel and Liam had come to harm during a similar brawl in a pub, they would have been found long ago.

"The emergency 112 service received a call just before 9 pm yesterday warning of a brawl on Avenida del Prado, in the Aloha urbanisation of Nueva Andalucia"

IMHO the huge difference with the disappearance of Daniel and Liam is that in their case there are no witnesses that we know of.

Agree

My point was there are names associated with the Pooles disappearance, and I would not be surprised to find a link between those responsible for the disappearance and other criminal groups in Estepona.

agree apart from not realising there were names associated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eeh ...what? Whoever is responsible for the disappearance of Daniel and Liam managed to stay out of the hands of the police, unlike those involved in the brawl who were arrested immediately. Also, those responsible for the disappearance of Daniel and Liam managed to make the bodies disappear without leaving a trace as to where they went. (All assuming D & L did not leave of their own free will, and have moved to say, Morocco or South America. I think that this is unlikely and that they are no longer alive.)

IMHO we should agree to disagree about the description of 'brazen'. To me, those involved in the brawl were drunk and stupid. No planning, no organization. Not aiming that gun very well either. If they are part of an organized crime network, their superiors won't be happy with the way they were operating.

IMHO if Daniel and Liam had come to harm during a similar brawl in a pub, they would have been found long ago.

No, D & L were definitely not harmed in a pub brawl and I wasn’t implying it either in my post. I would have no idea where did you read that in it.

There are a lot of drug gangs active around the Costa del Sol, unfortunately that’s a fact.
Those people who are lingering around the Costas with guns on them are not just some men with a gun. This is not the USA, innocent people are not roaming around with guns there. Those are most likely connected to some kind of criminal organization. This is why that crime is investigated as related to narcotics until the opposite can be proven.

Although the chance is minimal that those guys have anything to do with the disappearance of D & L, they could be connected to a gang which in turn could be responsible.

Drunk people are not really known to make the best decisions either or aim right, whatever their boss might think about it.

IMHO

ETA: One day I do hope the truth will come to light and the family can find some kind of closure.

Last edited:
No, D & L were definitely not harmed in a pub brawl and I wasn’t implying it either in my post. I would have no idea where did you read that in it.

There are a lot of drug gangs active around the Costa del Sol, unfortunately that’s a fact.
Those people who are lingering around the Costas with guns on them are not just some men with a gun. This is not the USA, innocent people are not roaming around with guns there. Those are most likely connected to some kind of criminal organization. This is why that crime is investigated as related to narcotics until the opposite can be proven.

Although the chance is minimal that those guys have anything to do with the disappearance of D & L, they could be connected to a gang which in turn could be responsible.

Drunk people are not really known to make the best decisions either or aim right, whatever their boss might think about it.

IMHO

ETA: One day I do hope the truth will come to light and the family can find some kind of closure.

FYI I have never been to the USA so I have no idea what counts as innocence there.
I am pretty familiar with Spain since I lived there.

Should a new thread be set up for the other crime?

FYI I have never been to the USA so I have no idea what counts as innocence there.
I am pretty familiar with Spain since I lived there.
Then I really don’t have to explain it any further, because you know perfectly well that we Europeans don’t have a weapon on us to take to the bar or to anywhere else for that matter. Except some criminals or some sort of LE.

The heart of the matter is that unfortunately on the Costa del Sol there are many criminal gangs active in the drug trade. Once upon a time we toyed with the idea to buy a second home on the Costa del Sol, but because of the gangs, we settled on the Costa Blanca. Although innocent bystanders rarely get hurt, the Costa Blanca still feels safer.

I’m so sorry that D & L got seemingly mixed up in something dangerous. Maybe one day the truth will come out.
Hopefully someone will give up some info about what happened to them, if only to save their own behinds. They must have told their plan to someone.

It must be really painful to live without knowing the what, where and the why. I’m so sorry. Let’s hope there will be a resolution sooner rather than later, it has taken too long already.

Then I really don’t have to explain it any further, because you know perfectly well that we Europeans don’t have a weapon on us to take to the bar or to anywhere else for that matter. Except some criminals or some sort of LE.

The heart of the matter is that unfortunately on the Costa del Sol there are many criminal gangs active in the drug trade. Once upon a time we toyed with the idea to buy a second home on the Costa del Sol, but because of the gangs, we settled on the Costa Blanca. Although innocent bystanders rarely get hurt, the Costa Blanca still feels safer.

I’m so sorry that D & L got seemingly mixed up in something dangerous. Maybe one day the truth will come out.
Hopefully someone will give up some info about what happened to them, if only to save their own behinds. They must have told their plan to someone.

It must be really painful to live without knowing the what, where and the why. I’m so sorry. Let’s hope there will be a resolution sooner rather than later, it has taken too long already.

Thank you for taking the time to explain your point of view. I respectfully disagree and I will leave it at that.

I think about Lauryn and the family often. It maddens me that the men cannot be interrogated on this, they are obviously involved and I’m sure one was imprisoned recently on other charges. C’mon Spain, get these criminals off your streets.
One of them is now dead I believe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon
Back