SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Eeh, sorry but no. A car that has been abandoned in a remote area will stand out far MORE than a car that has been parked in a street among other cars. If you want to hide a car, try a parking lot.

The car itself was a rental, the traces of many people can be found there.

Eeh, sorry but no. A car that has been abandoned in a remote area will stand out far MORE than a car that has been parked in a street among other cars. If you want to hide a car, try a parking lot.

The car itself was a rental, the traces of many people can be found there.

I agree. I don't think they were trying to hide the car.

I read this and realised it had simply been parked up on a street - Like they're planning on coming back to it. Of course it could be a way to make it look like they were coming back to it to buy them some time, but I don't buy that.
I agree, returning a rental makes the most sense if you don't want it any more and plan to disappear. While in this case the car wasn't noticed, you can't depend on it, it's just a fluke. All it takes is one observant person to notice the news about the men and notice the car. Plus, if you change your mind or the disappearing act doesn't work (for eg you're caught with a fake passport) you're facing extra rental and hotel charges.

Where is this nirvana where you can abandon a rental car in a parking lot and no one cares? Wherever I go in the world, parking lots are closely scrutinized to ensure that they don't lose capacity, and don't get stuck with the cost of towing stolen or broken down vehicles.

Where is this nirvana where you can abandon a rental car in a parking lot and no one cares? Wherever I go in the world, parking lots are closely scrutinized to ensure that they don't lose capacity, and don't get stuck with the cost of towing stolen or broken down vehicles.

The thing is with the Holiday regions of Spain that there are a lot of homes and flats not occupied every day. People are arriving and leaving at their own convenience. When I’m there and see some cars with more dust on it than on the rest of them my first thought is the owners have left, returned home. Where I go to are free parkings near the village and it’s possible to leave your car there without any problem. The same on the streets where you don’t have to pay for parking. Not that I would do it, but I have definitely seen cars I could tell they are there a long time already. Although abandoning your car in the free parkings or on the street is definitely not the norm, it’s possible without a problem.

I believe they were intending to go back for the car, they didn't know they were going to go missing.

I agree - That's sort of why I was wondering what sort of street it was on. If it was residential, surely it would lean towards them visiting someone on that street and coming to harm somehow. If it was more commercial they could have stopped at shops for something unrelated, or they could have met someone in a bar or anything. Or it could be parked up on pretty much abandoned street, who knows. It would be interesting to consider the various possibilities though.

Been following this case, and have nothing to add that hasn't been said. I just want to let Lauryn know I continue to think about her. She's been so strong through all of this and it's been amazing to watch this WS community be here for her in this dark time. I am hoping answers come soon. MOO

Im sure all avenues whether it be where they went..... visited.... even car ...where ever it was found has been investigated with a fine tooth comb ... but where ever they have either decided to travel onto or wherever they went maybe somewhere only the two of them know ....which is also a possibility.....some people may keep there plans private ...... but if this was case then nobody would know but them ..... same as above hope for news but im sure all avenues are being explored that can be .

Thinking of you Lauryn and wishing you all the best. Spain is looking at a subdued early summer as it gradually comes out of lockdown. This will be affecting the criminals who operate in the Costa del Sol who haven't been free to go about their illicit activities. This article from El Pais is 4 months old but is interesting as it discusses how innocent people might accidentally get caught up in feuds and how the Spanish police aren't much cop and don't get involved.
Costa del Sol hit by new wave of gangland-style killings

<modsnip>

Hello glenmen, welcome to Websleuths. If you read the terms of Service of this forum, you will find that at WS we have to back up statements with a link to a report in the MSM. Description of what constitutes MSM is also available.
If you are an insider on this case, you can apply for Verification, and once you become a Verified Insider you can share your info with backup of MSM.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member