Found Deceased Spain - Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I SO wish they hadn't chosen to photograph and publish these messages. I know they're in a public place but please - give them some respect and stop using their gfrief to sell newspapers.

At least these are
Words of Love
and not
words of hate, contempt, jeering and vitriol
that surrounded this tragedy.

And with these
Loving Tributes
the public should say farewell to Jay Slater.

JMO

At least these are
Words of Love
and not
words of hate, contempt, jeering and vitriol
that surrounded this tragedy.

And with these
Loving Tributes
the public should say farewell to Jay Slat

JMO
The public can say goodbye in their own words, not in the heartbroken words of grieving family members - personal loving thoughts from a mother and father's hearts, just desperate to see and talk to to their son one more time; from a stricken brother to the one he's lost.

But.... JMO

Last edited:
The public can say goodbye in their own words, not in the heartbroken words of grieving family members - personal loving thoughts from a mother and father's hearts to their son; from a stricken brother to the one he's lost.

But.... JMO

If you visit a cemetery to pay respect
Do you not read loving inscriptions on graves you pass?

I do.
And feel humbled to see so much Love.

Why is it that some don't object to conspiracies, contempt and vitriol
but
feel offended when see words of Love?

I don't think the Family object.
They want to show their Love for their son/brother to the whole world.

As we saw it in all reports.
And all words they ever uttered.

JMO

Last edited:
"There are a number of complex issues that need to be addressed before he can finally be flown home to the UK.

"But the plan is for his family to be on the same flight. They want to bring him home."

Jay's family expect his body to be repatriated by the start of next week.

A second post-mortem may be carried out by authorities back in the UK, before a funeral for the teenager takes place

My brother died of a heart attack on mainland Spain . He was in a temperature controlled environment before being flown home 18 days later . After requesting an open coffin , my SIL was advised STRONGLY not to see my Bro . Although heartbroken she did heed these warnings thankfully . I'd like to add there was a strong odour from the closed coffin .
Jay was in the elements with high temps. Last memories shouldn't be shocking , awful or hurtful . It's a memory that will last forever.
she would recognize his clothing and she may need to see the shocking view to know that he is truly gone IMO

Think you may be right with your blue route, looks like he may have strayed onto the "challenging" Barranco trail

There's an account by some people who made the descent here -> Barranco Juan López - Teno Mountains - Tenerife | SiebenInseln- with photos, which show that, even if Jay had made it down to the sea, there's nothing there other than a lonely little rocky beach!
Excellent links. There's a difference between the two routes that I think might explain how and where the poor lad met his death. This is from your first link (all trails) annotated using my worlds beating MS Paint skills ;-)

1000003206.png
Point A is Jays last known location.
B is the end of the good, wide track.

In the second link they went a different way. Coming up via the Carizalles mountain track (C) to the ridge forming the north side of the Baranco Juan Lopez, over the saddle (D) and back down to the end of the track we know Jay was on (B).
1000003202.png

I can't help but think that if I was in Jays shoes, the trail comes to an end, what would I do. If you look on Google Earth there's a building at point D. Buildings usually means access tracks. Its on the South side of the ridge so may well have been visible. There's also a faint trail visible between B and D. So it's possible, even likely, that Jay reached the end of the track and headed up rather than down. If so there's a couple of ravines/re-entrants he may have fell down, marked in blue on the following:
1000003205.png

As I said, academic now, the important people already know. But it will be interesting to see where the new search party the family bought in are looking, presumably for signs of foul play (not that I expect any will be found).

Attachments

• 1000003201.png
    1000003201.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 11
Is it a fact that there's still the new search party brought in going on ?

Excellent links. There's a difference between the two routes that I think might explain how and where the poor lad met his death. This is from your first link (all trails) annotated using my worlds beating MS Paint skills ;-)

View attachment 518533
Point A is Jays last known location.
B is the end of the good, wide track.

In the second link they went a different way. Coming up via the Carizalles mountain track (C) to the ridge forming the north side of the Baranco Juan Lopez, over the saddle (D) and back down to the end of the track we know Jay was on (B).
View attachment 518530

I can't help but think that if I was in Jays shoes, the trail comes to an end, what would I do. If you look on Google Earth there's a building at point D. Buildings usually means access tracks. Its on the South side of the ridge so may well have been visible. There's also a faint trail visible between B and D. So it's possible, even likely, that Jay reached the end of the track and headed up rather than down. If so there's a couple of ravines/re-entrants he may have fell down, marked in blue on the following:
View attachment 518532

As I said, academic now, the important people already know. But it will be interesting to see where the new search party the family bought in are looking, presumably for signs of foul play (not that I expect any will be found).

Yeah, interesting and quite possible. Probably academic now as you say but (like you I think) I do like like to get a feel for locations as well, to try to gain a bit of an understanding why things have gone wrong.

Last edited:
One message had been left by Jay's brother, Zak -Credit:Jonathan Buckmaster

One message had been left by Jay’s brother, Zak
A heartfelt message had also been left by his mum, Debbie -Credit:Jonathan Buckmaster

A heartfelt message had also been left by his mum, Debbie

Is it a fact that there's still the new search party brought in going on ?
Not that it's still going on, no, but they did something after Jay's body was found. Since they were acting on behalf of the family, who still have "questions", I assume they would be looking where he fell from for signs of a struggle for example.

A Dutch search team, hired by Jay Slater's family, continued their search of the valley on Tuesday even though his body had already been recovered the day before.

The team from the Signi Zoekhonden charity said they are determined to make sure nothing is left in the valley that could help explain Jay's death.

"Mother ‘overwhelmed’

by ‘thousands of messages

of love and support’

after son’s body found.

The mother of Jay Slater
has issued a personal message after receiving messages of support.

Floral tributes have also been left by the family close to where Jay’s body was found.

Speaking on Wednesday,
Mr Searle said:

:There is a personal message from Debbie to say
‘thank you very much’
for the thousands of messages of love and support she has received.

She is overwhelmed at the moment
but will try to reply to them all in due course'.

Emotional vigil held in Jay Slater’s hometown.

Dozens of balloons have been released in Jay Slater’s hometown
as those who knew him held an emotional vigil in memory of the teenager.

Tearful locals comforted each other in Oswaldtwistle,
Lancashire,
on the day authorities in Tenerife confirmed
they had found his body in the Rural de Teno park.

Jay’s football coach,
Pam Kierons,
laid flowers in memory of Jay.

'I’m devastated for the family,
devastated for Debbie.

The outcome is not what anyone wanted,
but at least they can bring his body home.

It’s disgusting that people have dug into past issues and come up with crazy conspiracy theories.
Sadly the most likely thing to have happened has happened'.

Reverend Matt Smith told the paper:

'Our thoughts and our prayers are with them.
We’re here and supporting them for when they need us'.

Blue ribbons were tied to trees and lamp posts across the area
as dozens of blue balloons were released.

Jay Slater’s mother

‘would have never given up looking for him’,

say former headteachers.

The headteachers at Jay Slater’s former primary and secondary schools
have released new statements following the discovery of his body in Tenerife.

Andrew Williams,
of Rhyddings High School,
and James McBride
of West End Primary School,
said all members of their communities sent their deepest sympathies to anyone who knew the 19-year-old.

'As a devoted mother,
we know Debbie would have never given up looking for Jay,
and she and the family are firmly in our thoughts and prayers
at this difficult time',
their statement said.

'We hope that this tragic discovery
will not only dispel any rumours,
but allow the family to return with their son
and afford them the dignity of their private grief and mourning'.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online