Found Deceased Spain - Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If there's an inquest here in the UK could the Airb&b men be called to answer any questions the family might have ?
It seems uncertain at the moment but the mother of JS says she wants answers to her questions .

Last edited:
If there's an inquest here in the UK could the Airb&b men be called to answer any questions the family might have ?
It seems uncertain at the moment but the mother of JS says she wants answers to her questions .
Maybe in a personal capacity the two men may answer questions from a grieving mum .Sadly Jay's family will always have questions I would imagine .

Is an inquest not based on evidence gathered and regard to questioning witnesses is that not up to police and courts maybe I'm wrong .

I feel enough of ayub's right to privacy has been invaded .I was guilty of being on the band wagon of aiming unwarranted blame at the AirBnB guys simply because they were older and the negative stories in the press . Stuff printed that painted a criminal side to Jay's disappearance. I don't feel there was ,I might be proven wrong ,who knows.time may well tell .Ayub needs to be able to go back to his life as a private citizen, he has done nothing wrong in the eyes of the law regardless of anything anyone may feel

Unfortunately, I don't think the media are going to let this story lie for a long time and continuing to print articles is encouraging trolls and conspiracies to abound tbh

While it is perfectly normal to raise questions such as, why did jay not wait for a lift? or for a bus or call a taxi . or why did he set off without a full charge on his phone ? Why did he not stick to the road ? I feel these questions could only be truly answered by jay himself and if others choose to offer answers they can only be hypothetical imho .unless retrieved data from his phone reveals facts for these questions your always going to be in the dark

Last edited:
From personal experience the coroner asks that three things needed to be known in order to record a verdict .
The when, the where and the how .
In my case the how was missing ,no witnesses so an open verdict was recorded .
I agree that the media won't let this drop and especially now what can be expected insofar as a funeral can be speculated upon reading J's mother's words I'm thinking some are already making plans to visit the place .

Last edited:
The transparency didn't work well in the search for Nicola Bulley in Lancashire tho ( don't know if you followed it) when hordes of people descended into that small area,
True - and I'm neither pro nor anti their methods in general - but that was a mess, granted. Seriously - I'm not arguing, just saying that really the comparison is apples and oranges :)

It does happen but I believe in a strictly controlled way.
<snip by me - possible copyright

Thank you for that ,Interesting reading. witness testimonials and police statements will be heard and possibly queried and families can ask questions. So quite possible Debbie may be able to put questions to those who spent the last hours with jay

Really glad I asked you as I had thought an inquest was just a finalisation of all documents and statements brought together and read out by the judge / court offical for issuing of a death cert and all was above board for any legality that needed to be dealt with such as life insurance etc

Last edited:
Spanish authorities had said they hope to have fuller autopsy results by tomorrow. I'm presuming these will have the details of fractures and organ damage consistent with a fall as suggested by initial findings.

For repatriation, the body would need to be embalmed. Enbalming process would render a further autopsy in the UK even more difficult.

Hoping that the repatriation of Jay and family takes place very soon and that the family will acknowledge and thank the effort of combined Spanish forces.

Apparently from this article a fight broke out, outside of the nightclub jay partied at . A man claimed his expensive watch was stolen and the scuffle ensued .Jay afterward posted the snap to say he was off to sell it .

This part of case always intrigued me and I wonder how factual this article from GB news is .I cannot understand why the Civil Guardia will not confirm if the watch was found with Jay's remains.

What thoughts does anyone have on the reasoning behind the secrecy?

Apparently from this article a fight broke out, outside of the nightclub jay partied at . A man claimed his expensive watch was stolen and the scuffle ensued .Jay afterward posted the snap to say he was off to sell it .

This part of case always intrigued me and I wonder how factual this article from GB news is .I cannot understand why the Civil Guardia will not confirm if the watch was found with Jay's remains.

What thoughts does anyone have on the reasoning behind the secrecy?
I might hazard a guess - and that's all it is - that perhaps the watch *was* found and, since he can't be prosecuted, the police are choosing to protect Jay's name and will just return the watch. On the other hand, if it wasn't found, then they possibly don't know any more than we do and are biding their time. Or they have someone in their sights and don't want to give anything away. Or... anything, really. Not much help, am I? Everything JMO, obviously.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back