Found Deceased Spain - Julen Rosello, 2, fell into narrow and deep borehole, Totalán, 13 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you SunVenus for trying to make sense of the reports!

So drilling has NOT started yet but they have been taking out soil for three days now?

Or is this latest report of a platform to be finished soon referring to a second hole they plan to drill?

the georadar finds a hole of 15 meters under the plug of the well in which Julen is

I wonder if the georadar can also make out a person within that space?

Thank you SunVenus for trying to make sense of the reports!

So drilling has NOT started yet but they have been taking out soil for three days now?

Or is this latest report of a platform to be finished soon referring to a second hole they plan to drill?

I wonder if the georadar can also make out a person within that space?

Looks like it hasn't. Here's the latest:

13:20 "It is expected that in the next few hours the tunnel boring machine will start drilling the vertical tunnel to try to rescue the child, who is currently trapped in the well for five days."

Niño en el pozo de Málaga: Última hora del rescate de Julen tras un hallazgo del georradar, en directo

But I am still not clear if that will be the first or second vertical shaft.

Also, not sure on the georadar, but maybe? That'd be terrific!

They have been doing a paralel tunel this past days, thats why they have been taking soil. But that didnt work because the tunel was collapsing, and also they found a too hard rock so they cant continue that way. Now they have bringed a drilling machine to do a new vertical tunel. They say in normal circunstances (if it doesnt rain and everything goes acording to plan) it can bore about 50 meters in 12 hours. They also said its going to take more 2 days from now, and thats if this works as planed. That would be 7 days of the boy without water...

They have been doing a paralel tunel this past days, thats why they have been taking soil. But that didnt work because the tunel was collapsing, and also they found a too hard rock so they cant continue that way. Now they have bringed a drilling machine to do a new vertical tunel. They say in normal circunstances (if it doesnt rain and everything goes acording to plan) it can bore about 50 meters in 12 hours. They also said its going to take more 2 days from now, and thats if this works as planed. That would be 7 days of the boy without water...

Thank you @123spain! That's a much better explanation of the situation.

I share your concerns about dehydration. Maybe some water has seeped down there (perhaps in that breach rescue workers have mentioned may exist) and Julen has felt inclined to drink it. I am still holding on to hope.

found an update made 10 minutes ago

Rescate de Julen, el niño que cayó al pozo, en directo

it is in spanish so it will take a while to understand it.

ETA:
The technicians involved in the rescue of Julen, the 2-year-old boy who fell into a deep well in Totalán (Málaga), are confident of reaching him before Monday, although difficulties have arisen with the terrain. The person in charge of the operative, Ángel García, explained today to the journalists that the predicted term "moves away a little" after finding a rock mass in the excavations previous to the execution of a vertical tunnel in which they center the efforts. In spite of everything, they maintain the intention to begin that perforation this same afternoon, since the necessary dismantling has reached the 19 meters of depth of the total of 25 foreseen.

Ah ok. That makes sense. Thank you 123spain!

072CBA51-480B-425D-8DEC-126ADD917C79.jpeg E6FE04D5-ED35-45E5-B888-892891D7A78A.jpeg C05A551D-46F2-403A-A909-8AA43FC36803.jpeg

Heavy trucks today brought drilling equipment and giant pipes to the scene where a two-year-old boy vanished down a deep well in Spain.

Rescue workers are preparing to a vertical tunnel in an effort to reach Julen Rosello, who has been trapped in the hole in souther

'The priority now is the works on the vertical tunnel,' said a spokeswoman for the regional government in Malaga.

Officials said on Thursday they were not losing hope of finding the boy alive, but the operation would take at least a few days.

Huge boring machine arrives to dig tunnel to reach boy who fell down 350ft well in Spain | Daily Mail Online

The pipes were actually made for the rescue, because they were bigger than what is normally made. Then the drilling equipment had to be brought in. I wish it could have been done faster. Monday... I'm an optimist but I also understand the human body.

This sums up my thoughts perfectly today. I hate to think of Julen being injured, or trapped in an uncomfortable position, or claustrophobic in there. If he isn't going to be rescued then I so hope he died instantly when he fell.

Dutchgirl on Twitter

They hope to reach him before monday .. Please, with all that we know today I hope later it turns out God called the boy to him the minute after he fell.

This blockage, soil and stones that fell down with him or after him, it can't be removed, sucked out somehow?

They will perhaps have to clear some of it when they get closer to the spot, but I think they'll need the horizontal tunnel to do so. There may be no way to get it out via the original borehole as they want to keep it as stable as possible lest more soil, rocks, etc. fall on Julen. Then again, maybe they do have some sort of mining vacuum and they could use that once they determine where Julen is and if the borehole is stable enough to take that sort of equipment.

This blockage, soil and stones that fell down with him or after him, it can't be removed, sucked out somehow?

At this link they show a camera that was sent down the hole, and what seems to be an attempt to do as you suggested.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.dai...mp/Inside-350ft-parents-pray-child-alive.html

Adults do not fit through the shaft and machinery has hit an obstruction of strong material about two thirds down the vertical hole. The work around the well is now focused on a shaft that runs parallel to the well where Julen is stuck.

There’s an obstruction above where they believe Julen to be- perhaps he fell in and one of the rocks said to be covering the hole fell in after him? In addition to the landslide of dirt his fall seems to have triggered.

I believe they’re hoping Julen is in a pocket below the obstruction.

They did vacuum some of it out but if you see in the video, what's left has rock in it and is compacted. So even if they could suck it out, it would fall on Julen.

*Looks down at my messy carpet*

Perhaps I need a heavy-duty mining vacuum. My vacuum sucks. Or doesn't, rather. ;)

Thank you for the info @MsFacetious. :) We are all learning so much here. Thank goodness they have all this equipment and expertise to go after Julen!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member