Found Deceased Spain - Julen Rosello, 2, fell into narrow and deep borehole, Totalán, 13 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think the green spots on that tiny picture I found are citrus-- they look just like that in Phoenix (or at least the Phoenix of my girlhood, before it got so huge).

I envy your trip to Spain! It's on my bucket list. I've ancestry in Spain so I am keen to visit and immerse myself in the culture and history. Any special place you'd recommend?
If you want to avoid busy tourist hotspots, I can recommend the island La Gomera. Great for hiking, beaches (black sand), local food. As for the rest of Spain, it really depends what you are up to. Spain pretty much has it all.

Oh no! That was quite helpful! I'd rather not see ugly hotels, and definitely want to see Barcelona. It's cool that your mum was born there!

One of my favourite parts of travelling is eating. Any good Spanish delicacies I ought to try?

I am a vegetarian so eating in spain was not easy. I only know of paella, grew up eating that.

The miners will begin digging the horizontal gallery on Tuesday to try to reach the child, after the completion and refurbishment of the parallel tunnel to which the child fell, tasks that are suffering a small delay due to technical problems

The tenth day of work in the search for Julen continues without rest . Since last night at 10.00 pm, work began on the adaptation of the parallel tunnel through which the experienced rescue miners of Asturias will descend . The tasks consist in securing the platform elevating it 12 metersfrom where the drilling machine has worked and coating it inside with ten metallic cylinders of six meters. According to official sources, the jacket is being delayed due to technical problems, apparently related to the size of the tubes and the way in which they fit together. At the moment the dimension of this new setback is unknown. This work was going to last initially between twelve and fourteen hours.

El rescate de Julen entra en su recta final

Dammit. More delays.

I'm actually getting a bit pissed off now.

If you want to avoid busy tourist hotspots, I can recommend the island La Gomera. Great for hiking, beaches (black sand), local food. As for the rest of Spain, it really depends what you are up to. Spain pretty much has it all.

Thanks! I was actually chatting with my pals over Christmas dinner about black sand beaches. I've never seen one in person, so that is a terrific tip! Thank you!

Now that you lovely folks have made me hungry-- for both food & new travel ;) -- I suppose we ought to get back to our Julen.

I think today will be the big push day. I won't be at all surprised if we find out one way or another about Julen in the next 36 hours.

Let's all cyber-holdhands, and hope for the best!

They meanwhile also serve veggie Paella. There are also veggie Tapas like Tortilla de patata or Gazpacho.

In the village we visited the waiters went out shopping for a whole veggie meal for us, we were several vegetarians so I just had to learn to say no como carne and no jamon por favor, I don´t eat meat and no ham please, and everything went fine. Loved the people there.

# RescateJulen The tubes for the jacketing of the vertical tunnel, previous work necessary to ensure it and that the Asturian miners can act, do not fit

# RescateJulen | The vertical tunnel that has been perforated seems to be somewhat deviated which has caused that the tubes of the jacket do not fit.

# RescateJulen | The miners are in the area waiting to do the last part of the rescue. The latest problems delay their work.

Nuevo contratiempo en el rescate de Julen

# RescateJulen The tubes for the jacketing of the vertical tunnel, previous work necessary to ensure it and that the Asturian miners can act, do not fit

# RescateJulen | The vertical tunnel that has been perforated seems to be somewhat deviated which has caused that the tubes of the jacket do not fit.

# RescateJulen | The miners are in the area waiting to do the last part of the rescue. The latest problems delay their work.

Nuevo contratiempo en el rescate de Julen

Good night! WTF!!! MORE delays?

I am wondering why the Andalusian government didn't ask for international aide? There is that high-powered water drill that can be used on hard rock; people from the mining world all over who may have had better and faster methods.

I think the fact that this is not even making the scope of news too much internationally is because the rescuers hit reality spot and we are being led down a primrose path.

I want Julen to be alive, safe. But I am losing all confidence in the current rescue attempts.

Sure the miners & rescuers know what they are doing. But it is taking so bloody long, and we are not (IMO) getting realistic updates.

I'd better go to bed. I am losing hope.

Please gods, please let my fears be just boogeymen.

Sorry to be such a downer. :(

I am feeling despair and great sadness right now. I know I am not alone in feeling this way.

The rescue operation and all of the changes have had me confused. I had hoped that georadar could have been used last week. There are so many applications and models of georadar (that can identify where rocks are) that I really don't understand why it couldn't have worked. But then, I am no expert.

I don't understand how this could go so wrong but somehow it all has.

I can't even imagine how the rescue workers feel - after being there almost at day one.

What on earth does the atmosphere around there feel like today?

The excitement and hope of the rescue workers there from the start was almost visceral.

And now this, this. I have tears for everyone there. Just tears and my heart is breaking.

My heart goes out to Julen's dear family.

Un error de cálculo obliga a excavar de nuevo el túnel para rescatar a Julen

"Un error de cálculo obliga a excavar de nuevo el túnel para rescatar a Julen"

translation
A miscalculation forces the tunnel to be excavated again to rescue Julen

am I understanding this correctly. Dig the tunnel for several more days again? Please if any spanish speaking person can read and translate the most important part of the article I would be so very grateful.

I feel so sorry for the family. I’ve been praying nonstop. I can’t imagine what they’re going through. Why 2 tragedies for this family? How much more can they take? I wish there was something that I could do. Prayers is all I can give. Hang in there lil Julen.

"Un error de cálculo obliga a excavar de nuevo el túnel para rescatar a Julen"

translation
A miscalculation forces the tunnel to be excavated again to rescue Julen

am I understanding this correctly. Dig the tunnel for several more days again? Please if any spanish speaking person can read and translate the most important part of the article I would be so very grateful.

Not a major set-back, from what I understand. The drilling has slightly deviated so the tube doesn’t fit.

"The drilling has had a small deviation and there is a small problem with the placement of the tubing of the tunnel through which the miners have to descend," Juan Lopez-Escobar, delegate of the Official College of Mining Engineers of the South, told La Vanguardia. that advises in situ the team that carries out the excavations.

López-Escobar has set a very clear example to understand what has happened: "This is what can happen when drilling at home. When you find a hard wall, the drill dances and deviates. Well, that happened with the perforation. By inserting the tube, which is straight, it can not go to a certain depth. They had to remove it to put the drill back with a little more diameter. "

..still searching the article to see what this means in terms of TIME, as per your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel