Found Deceased Spain - Julen Rosello, 2, fell into narrow and deep borehole, Totalán, 13 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a major set-back, from what I understand. The drilling has slightly deviated so the tube doesn’t fit.

Un error de cálculo obliga a excavar de nuevo el túnel para rescatar a Julen

..still searching the article to see what this means in terms of TIME, as per your question.

Found it. They won’t say. @scandinavian girl

This new setback will cause a delay in the forecasts since the Mining Rescue Brigade of Asturias was going to start this afternoon to excavate a horizontal gallery of four meters that would connect the tunnel with the well.
JUAN LÓPEZ-ESCOBAR Delegate of the Official College of Engineers of Minas del Sur
López-Escobar did not want to predict how long this problem can be corrected - "It is imprudent to talk about times", he said - and pointed out that this type of situation can occur in the works, "especially when done with this urgency "

Good night! WTF!!! MORE delays?

I am wondering why the Andalusian government didn't ask for international aide? There is that high-powered water drill that can be used on hard rock; people from the mining world all over who may have had better and faster methods.

I think the fact that this is not even making the scope of news too much internationally is because the rescuers hit reality spot and we are being led down a primrose path.

I want Julen to be alive, safe. But I am losing all confidence in the current rescue attempts.

Sure the miners & rescuers know what they are doing. But it is taking so bloody long, and we are not (IMO) getting realistic updates.

I'd better go to bed. I am losing hope.

Please gods, please let my fears be just boogeymen.

Sorry to be such a downer. :(
These are my thoughts exactly. I have become so irritated, annoyed & anxious following this story along in hopes that this sweet & beautiful boy will be found. This operation has gone on way too long & they are still having setbacks. I mean c'mon already...enough.

"Un error de cálculo obliga a excavar de nuevo el túnel para rescatar a Julen"

translation
A miscalculation forces the tunnel to be excavated again to rescue Julen

am I understanding this correctly. Dig the tunnel for several more days again? Please if any spanish speaking person can read and translate the most important part of the article I would be so very grateful.
The bore hole is not completely vertical, this can happen when hard rock pushes the drill off centre. The metal tubes cant descend the full depth of the bore hole, so they have removed them to prevent them getting damaged. They decided to fill the hole with fine earth and re drill the hole a little larger to correct the deviation. The drill has already started work on this. They say it would be imprudent to estimate how long it might take.
They then have to put the metal tubes back in and secure them before they send the miners down.
Hope this helps

"Un error de cálculo obliga a excavar de nuevo el túnel para rescatar a Julen"

translation
A miscalculation forces the tunnel to be excavated again to rescue Julen

am I understanding this correctly. Dig the tunnel for several more days again? Please if any spanish speaking person can read and translate the most important part of the article I would be so very grateful.
I'm sorry. A miscalculation?! I would say there have been several. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm disgusted at this. I hope people are bringing pressure at this point because they are failing miserably.

I feel so sorry for the family. I’ve been praying nonstop. I can’t imagine what they’re going through. Why 2 tragedies for this family? How much more can they take? I wish there was something that I could do. Prayers is all I can give. Hang in there lil Julen.
It’s actually even worse tradgedy because between having Oliver and Julen, she was pregnant with another child and had to undergo an abortion at almost full term due to some health issues. As reported earlier on in this thread through MSM. Simply too much for such a young family. God bless them all,

These are my thoughts exactly. I have become so irritated, annoyed & anxious following this story along in hopes that this sweet & beautiful boy will be found. This operation has gone on way too long & they are still having setbacks. I mean c'mon already...enough.
So are you saying that they should abandon the search?

It’s actually even worse tradgedy because between having Oliver and Julen, she was pregnant with another child and had to undergo an abortion at almost full term due to some health issues. As reported earlier on in this thread through MSM. Simply too much for such a young family. God bless them all,
That’s right. I forgot about that. This is too much for anyone to have to bare.

I did not know that. Then, they have already lost two loved & wanted children. They need Julen to hang on...

My heart is in my throat.

A link to the story in Spanish:
Rescate de Julen: Vicky, la madre de Julen, habla cada día con su otro hijo muerto

A translation (seems to be a google-type translation) someone posted of the article above:
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/spainsn...-talks-every-day-with-her-other-dead-son/?amp

This is exactly why my heart can´t give up, it is too cruel to comprehend.

This is exactly why my heart can´t give up, it is too cruel to comprehend.

Dear scandinavian girl,

I feel the same way. We all do.

Although I felt great despair when I first read the updates this morning, I still can't shake off hope. Just can't shake it off (and I don't ever want to!)

Hope springs eternal. There is always hope.

Julen, his parents and all of the courageous workers and miners continue to be in my prayers.

Last edited:
Dear scandinavian girl,

I feel the same way. We all do.

Although I felt great despair when I first read the updates this morning, I still can't shake off hope. Just can't shake it off (and I don't ever want to!)

Hope springs eternal. There is always hope.

Julen, his parents and all of the courageous workers and miners continue to be in my prayers.

I have had my doubts too and telling my interfering logic to shut up. This family needs us to stay hopeful and positive.

I saw this thread and am dumbfounded this has gone on so long! Why oh why is this not more in the news like Jessica or the soccer boys.

Will read back thread...

Because they knew Jessica was alive and they knew there was a good chance the Thai boys were. There was more hope in those situations. As far as I know not a peep has been heard from Julen since he fell, I assume cameras or audio equipment have been sent down and you'd think would've picked up some sort of noise in those early hours.

It's been 9 days and I dread to think what his parents will see when they get him out. Still hoping there will be a miracle, and I don't use that word lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MisstressNifer