Found Deceased Spain - Julen Rosello, 2, fell into narrow and deep borehole, Totalán, 13 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for updating!

Today I get the feeling they are not hurrying anymore. It's too late and they know it even if it is not voiced.

Maybe they will be able to retrieve him at the weekend. jmo

I only found this thread today. I read all the way through and it's heartbreaking.

I hope Julen will be found soon though, his poor parents have been in this awful waiting situation for what must seem forever :(

My prayers are for every soul within Totalán right now. That if there is a loss that the grief will be used as a force to rebuild their lives.
That they will look back at the remarkable work of so many people these last few days and it will inspire them when they feel weak.

My prayers are for every soul within Totalán right now. That if there is a loss that the grief will be used as a force to rebuild their lives.
That they will look back at the remarkable work of so many people these last few days and it will inspire them when they feel weak.

Beautifully said. Thank you.

The miners are using axes, pneumatic drills and shovels right now.

The sideways digging to connect the two well holes is the most dangerous part as this is the part where the roof above them will be nothing more than the rock itself. There will be a risk of collapse or rocks falling down on top of them.

Then once they get to the well hole that the boy is in then that is also a dangerous time as they try to remove the blockage. Im still not sure how they will be able to do that safely without the whole clog coming down at once on top of them. Im sure they have a plan though and many prayers for the workers safety as they make the final push towards recovery of the boy.

According to several tweets the miners have now finally gone in.

2 hours ago:

GHoeberX

@ghoeberx

UPDATE: At last! The miners are in! They have now entered the well in #Totalan and can start drilling. There are a total of 8 miners from Asturia and there will always be 2 miners down the well. Every 40 minutes another set of 2 miners will take over the manual drilling. #Julen

From the same Twitter:

GHoeberX

@ghoeberx

·
2h

If #Julen is near the stop in the bore hole (approx at -72m) they expect to find him in 20 - 24 hours. If #Julen is not near the stop in the bore hole, but for example near the bottom... nobody knows how many days or even weeks it is going to take. #Totalan

Yes, in fact they will even insert a camera within some hours from now. They will first drill 1+ meter the normal way, and then drill with a small diameter straight to the hole where #Julen is, so they can insert a camera. But if he's far down, the problem will be getting there.

Pictures here of the capsule in use and other things.

SUR en directo (@SURDirecto) | Twitter
Thank you—from your link:

upload_2019-1-24_14-54-39.jpeg

upload_2019-1-24_14-59-37.jpeg

A different article about the miners:

‘Heroes a thousand miles from home’

It's been over a week since the phone rang. It began a countdown, a race against the clock in which time never runs out. Last Tuesday, they told eight members of the Asturian Mining Rescue Brigade that they had to move to Totalán to help rescue Julen. Since then they wait impatiently for the moment to get lost in the bowels of the mountain with a single objective: to return to the surface with the child.

Héroes a mil kilómetros de casa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member