Found Deceased Spain - Julen Rosello, 2, fell into narrow and deep borehole, Totalán, 13 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the same Twitter:

GHoeberX

@ghoeberx

·
2h

If #Julen is near the stop in the bore hole (approx at -72m) they expect to find him in 20 - 24 hours. If #Julen is not near the stop in the bore hole, but for example near the bottom... nobody knows how many days or even weeks it is going to take. #Totalan

Yes, in fact they will even insert a camera within some hours from now. They will first drill 1+ meter the normal way, and then drill with a small diameter straight to the hole where #Julen is, so they can insert a camera. But if he's far down, the problem will be getting there.

I feel like every time there's an update it calls for "another 20-24 hours." How hard this must be on everyone involved. Hopefully things go smoothly from this point and his poor parents will be able to take their son home.

B337D9ED-E4F4-4191-BE0D-2DD06439C965.jpeg

First miners go down shaft to rescue Spanish toddler Julen Roselló

Two rescue experts have been lowered inside a specially-made cage in a bid to reach the toddler, who is thought to be trapped in a 110-meter-deep borehole in Málaga

First miners go down shaft to rescue Spanish toddler Julen Roselló

This photo shows what a difficult job the miners have.

Spanish Miners Start Risky Tunneling to Reach Missing Boy
Members of the Mines Rescue Brigade sent from Asturias (region) have just accessed the vertical well to start excavation ... in the search for Julen," said regional government representative Alfonso Celis at the site.

Miners working in rotating shifts will dig a 4-meter passage with picks and pneumatic hammers from the bottom of the shaft towards the borehole, which is 100 meters (300 feet) deep and just 25 cm wide.
upload_2019-1-24_21-22-1.jpeg

A team of miners started digging a tunnel Thursday in a last-ditch bid to reach a two-year-old boy who fell into a well in Andalusia in southern Spain 11 days ago, authorities said.

The team of eight experts had waited days for a vertical shaft to be sunk into the hard, rocky soil, parallel to the well into which Julen Rosello tumbled on January 13.

They will now be lowered into the shaft in pairs, taking turns to dig a horizontal, four-metre (13-foot) tunnel to access the well from the side, an official of the regional government of Malaga said.

Miners start horizontal dig for Spanish toddler in well

From SUR en Directo:

(translated):
The spokesman for the Armed Institute, Jorge Martín, asked for "patience" tonight in the deadline set by the rescue team to reach the desired goal, which could be extended to 24 hours of work.

The miners went in around 4pm local time .... we should get some news tomorrow.

I feel like every time there's an update it calls for "another 20-24 hours." How hard this must be on everyone involved. Hopefully things go smoothly from this point and his poor parents will be able to take their son home.

I have no knowledge on what it must take to set up an operation like this but reading through the updates I am struggling to understand why it has taken so so long to get this thing underway. Thoughts are with his parents.

I have no knowledge on what it must take to set up an operation like this but reading through the updates I am struggling to understand why it has taken so so long to get this thing underway. Thoughts are with his parents.

It's in large part the unstable and rocky terrain I think. The first two attempts to dig a tunnel had to be abandoned because of landslides and collapses. So this current tunnel was only started six days after he fell in. Then, the hard rock prevented drilling straight and because of that the casing didn't fit. jmo @Hatfield will be able to explain it much better.

26cf.svg

10 min. 19:23h-19:32h surface

26cf.svg
24 min. 19:56h-20:04h surface

26cf.svg
1h52m!

1f4aa.svg
21:56h surfaced

Twitter

Dxs1V5QXgAEfpA8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.