Found Deceased Spain - Julen Rosello, 2, fell into narrow and deep borehole, Totalán, 13 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they knew Jessica was alive and they knew there was a good chance the Thai boys were. There was more hope in those situations. As far as I know not a peep has been heard from Julen since he fell, I assume cameras or audio equipment have been sent down and you'd think would've picked up some sort of noise in those early hours.

It's been 9 days and I dread to think what his parents will see when they get him out. Still hoping there will be a miracle, and I don't use that word lightly.

I should be more sensitive when I post to read back first.

I did not know that they had never heard anything from him.

* walking away from the thread with tears in my eyes and crying*

I had no idea it was a recovery.

Come back, dix! We don't know for certain it's a recovery so we mustn't lose all hope I suppose, but they weren't even sure he was down there until they found some of his hair. That's what makes me think they can't have heard him and nothing has been reported to suggest otherwise.

Even if he survived the fall, how long would a toddler survive without food, water or light? (or cuddles - now you've set me off). Genuine question, I don't know.

Come back, dix! We don't know for certain it's a recovery so we mustn't lose all hope I suppose, but they weren't even sure he was down there until they found some of his hair. That's what makes me think they can't have heard him and nothing has been reported to suggest otherwise.

Even if he survived the fall, how long would a toddler survive without food, water or light? (or cuddles - now you've set me off). Genuine question, I don't know.

10 days is what they have been told by doctors. I think that is a very optimistic of them. I would not have thought more than a week.

It's been 9 days and I dread to think what his parents will see when they get him out.

I'm sure the parents would be guarded from seeing anything distressing.

I know it's so frustrating but it's unfair to complain about how this is taking so long. Everyone is doing the best they can in a very complicated unprecedented situation. If I was to direct anger at anyone about this situation it would be towards the absolute fool/fools that ensured the hole was uncovered with little kids running around nearby. They caused this situation in the first place.

The drilling team had finished a 200-foot-deep shaft parallel to the narrow borehole on Monday, and they had hoped to cut a horizontal passage Tuesday to reach the toddler, Julen Roselló.

But they ran into “technical difficulties” as they inserted metal pipes into the parallel shaft to shore it up. Those pipes will have to be removed and the shaft widened, said a spokeswoman for the regional government.

“It is impossible to estimate how long it will take. The operation has already begun,” she said.
Julen Rosello rescue: Drilling crew in Spain hits major snag
So I think the hole wasn't large enough to fit the metal pipes? Also, it sounds like they are rigid as opposed to flexible. Is that correct?

Julen Rosello rescue: Drilling crew in Spain hits major snag
So I think the hole wasn't large enough to fit the metal pipes? Also, it sounds like they are rigid as opposed to flexible. Is that correct?

I believe it's more an issue of the hole isn't completely straight and even. So they are hitting obstructions when they try to insert the pipes. They might be a little flexible, but if there are like small turns created while drilling, it wouldn't go around those. So the hole is like stairs instead of a well. It's hard to explain.

Here's a short video. Wow. Talk about perspective on how far down it is...

Los problemas en el encamisado del túnel paralelo provoca nuevos retrasos en el rescate de Julen

As @CoverMeCagney indicates, we don't know that it IS a recovery at this point. It's an extremely fluid situation; please don't be too hard on yourself.

I'm sure the parents would be guarded from seeing anything distressing.

I know it's so frustrating but it's unfair to complain about how this is taking so long. Everyone is doing the best they can in a very complicated unprecedented situation. If I was to direct anger at anyone about this situation it would be towards the absolute fool/fools that ensured the hole was uncovered with little kids running around nearby. They caused this situation in the first place.
I agree
They are doing their best and the OIC I’m charge of the rescue has reportedly had only 9 hours sleep in 1 full week

I understand the frustration of people with all the delays, but they are doing the best they can. They are using the best machinery that exists and they are doing the hole in a record time. I remember reading a couple days ago that usually a work like this would take at least two months. Obviously a consecuence of doing it so quickly is not doing it so precise.

Dammit. More delays.

I'm actually getting a bit pissed off now.

Good night! WTF!!! MORE delays?

I am wondering why the Andalusian government didn't ask for international aide? There is that high-powered water drill that can be used on hard rock; people from the mining world all over who may have had better and faster methods.

I think the fact that this is not even making the scope of news too much internationally is because the rescuers hit reality spot and we are being led down a primrose path.

I want Julen to be alive, safe. But I am losing all confidence in the current rescue attempts.

Sure the miners & rescuers know what they are doing. But it is taking so bloody long, and we are not (IMO) getting realistic updates.

I'd better go to bed. I am losing hope.

Please gods, please let my fears be just boogeymen.

Sorry to be such a downer. :(

These are my thoughts exactly. I have become so irritated, annoyed & anxious following this story along in hopes that this sweet & beautiful boy will be found. This operation has gone on way too long & they are still having setbacks. I mean c'mon already...enough.

I'm sorry. A miscalculation?! I would say there have been several. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm disgusted at this. I hope people are bringing pressure at this point because they are failing miserably.

My feelings exactly today :(:mad: although I realise it's probably not fair to judge them.

Did they not know that the hole was not perfectly straight? :confused: Puzzling.

I have been following this case since monday last week, and my search for updates and information led me to this forum then (been updating several times a day and keeping the banner up in my browser).

I just want to thank you all for the work you put in looking up and translating information. My heart is bleeding for this little man and his family. And the admiration for the rescue workers is growing by the hour.

Again. Thank you.

I have been following this case since monday last week, and my search for updates and information led me to this forum then (been updating several times a day and keeping the banner up in my browser).

I just want to thank you all for the work you put in looking up and translating information. My heart is bleeding for this little man and his family. And the admiration for the rescue workers is growing by the hour.

Again. Thank you.
Welcome to Websleuths! :)

Again. Thank you.

Welcome to Websleuths QueenLizz. Thank you for joining us and for caring about Julen and his loved ones.

Again. Thank you.

I meant to reply to this one.. still learning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members