Spain Spain - Levi Davis, 24, former England rugby star, last known to be in The Old Irish Pub, Barcelona, 29 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
English translation from the original Spanish.

Buscan en Barcelona al jugador de rugby Levi Davis, visto por última vez en un pub de La Rambla

Julie Davis, mother of the missing Levi Davis, after her interview with ABC in Barcelona

Julie Davis, mother of the missing Levi Davis, after her interview with ABC

Julie Davis has landed this Thursday in Barcelona to try to locate her son Levi, the rugby player who was last seen on October 29, when he left an Irish pub on La Rambla. Since then, no one has heard from the 24-year-old Brit again . Weeks before, the boy explained that he was traveling to Europe to take some time off, after undergoing knee surgery, which is why he had temporarily withdrawn from the sport. "When I asked him, he didn't want to give me any directions, he told me that he would be moving and that he was older," she explains to ABC.

The day of his disappearance, Levi took a ferry from Ibiza to the Catalan capital, but he did not take his passport or the rest of his belongings with him. "Since then he has not used his cards and only had 40 euros in cash," explains Julie. The Mossos d'Esquadra , who began to investigate the case ex officio, have not detected any movement in the young man's bank accounts. There is also no evidence that he has been admitted to any hospital in Catalonia or that he has been detained.

[...]

From there (Old Irish Pub) he left that Saturday, around 10:00 p.m., as the person in charge of the premises explained to this newspaper. The security camera captured how he headed down the street, alone, in the direction of Plaza Catalunya. Julie says [he] suffers from depression , and that due to his emotional instability he had already 'disappeared' on other occasions. “No more than two or three days. Then he always came back or we found him, but 12 days have passed, this is not normal..."

[...]

The day of his disappearance, Levi took a ferry from Ibiza to the Catalan capital, but he did not take his passport or the rest of his belongings with him."

This was the first mention of a passport, on November 10.

He wouldn't need one to go from Ibiza to Barcelona, or would he for ID purposes as a Brit?

Where or with who was it found, that's the question?

And why did he say to his friend in Ibiza he was meeting someone in Barca, and yet tell his mother how he "had" to "get out of Ibiza".

Imo, if he was not undergoing some mental health breakdown at the time, then something else very suspicious was happening around him - which ties in with his prior fears of being followed, blackmailed, and "fearing for his life". That could of course be in his head if he was suffering paranoia or delusions, but it could also be true, especially given he was fairly well known in certain circles.

Last edited:

Police searching for missing rugby star Levi Davis have found his passport, his worried family revealed today.

Officers in Barcelona say the travel document was discovered a few days ago but are not yet revealing any further details.

There have been no confirmed sightings of Mr Davis in three weeks and neither his mobile phone nor his bank accounts have been used.

Continues at link.
Where? It's seems important to me. What could be the reason this is not disclosed? How sad all together. Still hoping for a positive outcome.

The day of his disappearance, Levi took a ferry from Ibiza to the Catalan capital, but he did not take his passport or the rest of his belongings with him."

This was the first mention of a passport, on
Yes, I thought he didn't bring his passport too. It seems he did. Thank for bringing this up again. I'm not sure where this initial info is coming from. His friend he left on Ibiza, his mom? Like the 40 euro info....Somehow it feels strange.

Last edited:

Not sure if the inverted comma's in the heading are meant to imply anything.

I wondered about that too. Most, but not all, reports using that. Could be that it was not so much 'found', as in say, found in a street bin, but 'found' in that he had actually left it behind where he was staying in Ibiza?

There is a lot of petty thievery and pickpockets operating in La Rambla area of Barcelona.
I'm wondering if Levi's passport was stolen from him by someone from one of the pickpocket gangs that do this stuff, who was later arrested by police, who "found" Levi's passport on him?

If Levi was a bit dazed and not really paying attention to his surroundings, I think someone could've easily targeted him and took his passport.

I had a friend who had her wallet pickpocketed from her bag in southern France, and also a friend of my brother who also had his wallet stolen in Barcelona when a couple of pickpockets went up to a group of them (all men) on La Rambla, said "Oh, we love the English!", gave them pretend friendly hugs, and pickpocketed a wallet.
They've got no shame and no scruples and will rob a group of men. I hope Levi wasn't a sitting duck for these types.

Well, this seems to confirm passport was found in Barca, as opposed to anywhere else:

Davis’ mother Julie confirmed to the Olive Press on Monday morning that officers from Barcelona’s Mossos d’Esquadra force found the document in the Catalan capital on the weekend.

Passport found in a Barcelona port
A port? Barcelona has a few......

It's a problem not having a passport in Spain. Spanish Solutions - Carrying ID in Spain

Everyone in Spain must carry government issued ID at all times, regardless of whether we are Spanish, an EU national, or a foreigner living or holidaying in the country.

The specific law is Article 4 of Organic Law 4/2000 which states that foreign nationals in Spain must carry identity documents issued by the country of citizenship.

Thus, if you live in Spain, and you don,t have Spanish government issued photo ID, you must carry at all times your own nation,s photo ID, in the case of British citizens this means our passport.

There is no obligation on the part of authorities in Spain to give you 72 hours or some other reasonable amount of time to present your documentation. Quite simply, if you do not produce an identity document on demand when asked by law enforcement officers (Policia Nacional, Guardia Civil, Policia Local) then you could be detained and fined.

In the Netherlands we can have both a passport and an identity card. I don't believe they have this in the UK?

Police in Barcelona have now confirmed where they found Levi Davis’ passport.

The X Factor star and rugby player Levi Davis hasn’t been heard from since 29th October and earlier this week police revealed his passport had been found in Barcelona.

Levi, 24, headed to the Spanish city after leaving his friend in Ibiza following a short trip.

After police found his passport, they later confirmed the location his document was found – in Barcelona Port.

The ports are at the foot of La Rambla (Barcelona's most famous Boulevard)

This would tie in with where he was last definitely sighted.

The barmaid who served him said today that the 24-year-old came in at about 9.35pm and stayed for just half an hour drinking a pint of Heineken and watching the Leeds vs Liverpool game on television.

She said he was by himself but seemed like 'normal person in a pub' before leaving alone and heading towards the quieter end of La Rambla away from the nightclubs.

The pub worker, who asked not to be identified, said: 'He came into the pub on a Saturday night around 9.30pm - 9.35pm, before the place got busy.

'I served him. He seemed perfectly normal, I can't say what kind of frame of mind he was in but he didn't seem to me to be particularly upset or particularly happy.

'He ordered a beer, a pint of Heineken, and he sat in the pub watching the football.

'I was serving at the bar and I couldn't see if he was talking to any other customers. I don't think he was. He came in by himself and he left alone.

'He wasn't in for very long, just half an hour, and he came out the bar, turned right and headed down the quieter end of La Rambla, away from the noisier bars and nightclubs.

'That was the only time I saw him. He didn't appear to be drunk, he was talking perfectly ok, he was just a normal person in a pub...'

"He wasn't in for very long, just half an hour, and he came out the bar, turned right and headed down the quieter end of La Rambla, away from the noisier bars and nightclubs."

But we then have his phone last pinging near Sants rail - over 6km (approx 75 minutes apart on foot) from the Port in the other direction.

Last edited:
"He wasn't in for very long, just half an hour, and he came out the bar, turned right and headed down the quieter end of La Rambla, away from the noisier bars and nightclubs."
I keep getting confused by them saying "he turned right" when he came out of the bar. I may be wrong but it looks to me as though he turned left and walked away from the Port of Barcelona, not towards it? Am I going crazy, or did he actually turn left?

If the way I am percieving it is true, it would seem that he lost/dropped/etc. his passport as soon as he got into port before he was at the bar. That is assuming he never went back down that way after the bar.

MOO

If he lost his passport, who's to say his phone wasn't lost too...?

And by "lost", I'm also including intentionally discarded and also pickpocketed/stolen too.

That ping from near Sants Railway Station may not even have been home, but just someone who found his found, or even the person who stole it, if such a thing occured.

MOO.

She told how her son sent a video message of a singer performing in the Old Irish Pub just before he disappeared and wrote 'Arrived Mom' adding a prayer emoji.

[...]
<Snipped by me for brevity>

I think it sounds inconsistent for someone who's about to take their own life to message their mum to say they've arrived safely. I don't understand the prayer emoji's purpose. Unless it's just shorthand for "Thank God"?

I don't like making unfounded negative suggestions on threads, but I'm concerned in case this is a Stephen Port kind of situation? I do hope that's a stupid fear and that Levi is actually okay. If I'm having a thought like that, imagine what his poor family must be thinking? :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back