Spain Spain - Levi Davis, 24, former England rugby star, last known to be in The Old Irish Pub, Barcelona, 29 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do we know how long his holiday to Ibiza was supposed to last? The ferry from Ibiza to Barcelona takes 6-8hrs, so its not the sort of trip you go and come back the same day. It might seem odd but from the family's description of his character, it's apparently not unusual for him to go off the radar for a few days. I'm interested to know his familiarity with Barcelona as a city, has he been there several times before?

This article claims his passport was found in a port area (but I wonder about the reliability of this source),

"Last month, police investigating the case announced his passport had been found in a port area of the city" Link to source

Jan 12 2023 rbbm.
''The distraught family of missing rugby and X Factor star Levi Davis, who vanished in Barcelona three months ago, say they have received a new information that he may have been snatched off the streets in the Catalan capital and kidnapped by British gangsters.

Former Bath rugby player Levi, 24, went missing on October 29 after leaving a friend in Ibiza to get the ferry to Barcelona alone.

Now his mother Julie Davis says a private detective working on the case has uncovered that the 5ft 9in rugby star may have been kidnapped by criminals from London in a dispute over money, in what they believe could be a major breakthrough.''

Speaking exclusively to MailOnline, distraught Julie said the investigator had received an anonymous tip several days ago to say that her son had got into a dispute with criminals two years ago while he was playing rugby for Ealing Trailfinders in 2020.

'We desperately need to know more because this could change the whole nature of the investigation,' she said. 'The anonymous tip was given to private investigators who are helping police look for Levi.

'The person was very cagey and revealed very little details other than to say that 'persons in the UK are involved in Levi's disappearance' and that it stems from a falling out he apparently had with a gang in London when he played rugby there.

'I do know of some difficulties he had with some people who showed up to his flat in Ealing but don't know what the disagreement was about or how serious it was.

'But this is a very important piece of information to come to light and the police in Barcelona are aware.''

RE post of audio.
''Nov 7, 2022
Former England rugby star Levi Davis told his family “I’ll catch you guys soon, 100 per cent” in the last message he sent before he went missing. The 24-year-old sent the voice note to his sister just three days before vanishing from a bar in Barcelona over a week ago. Candice Balfour, 23, shared the recording with The Telegraph amid fears he had come to harm. She said: "We just want him to come home. I personally don't think he would see all this and not come home. She had messaged him on October 26 after seeing him make a troubling three-minute video on his Instagram account, which has now been deleted. She sent him a message saying: "Hey Bro, I saw your video yesterday and wanted to share the love from the family with you at this time! ''

Last edited:
Jan 12 2023 rbbm.
''The distraught family of missing rugby and X Factor star Levi Davis, who vanished in Barcelona three months ago, say they have received a new information that he may have been snatched off the streets in the Catalan capital and kidnapped by British gangsters.

Former Bath rugby player Levi, 24, went missing on October 29 after leaving a friend in Ibiza to get the ferry to Barcelona alone.

Now his mother Julie Davis says a private detective working on the case has uncovered that the 5ft 9in rugby star may have been kidnapped by criminals from London in a dispute over money, in what they believe could be a major breakthrough.''

Speaking exclusively to MailOnline, distraught Julie said the investigator had received an anonymous tip several days ago to say that her son had got into a dispute with criminals two years ago while he was playing rugby for Ealing Trailfinders in 2020.

'We desperately need to know more because this could change the whole nature of the investigation,' she said. 'The anonymous tip was given to private investigators who are helping police look for Levi.

'The person was very cagey and revealed very little details other than to say that 'persons in the UK are involved in Levi's disappearance' and that it stems from a falling out he apparently had with a gang in London when he played rugby there.

'I do know of some difficulties he had with some people who showed up to his flat in Ealing but don't know what the disagreement was about or how serious it was.

'But this is a very important piece of information to come to light and the police in Barcelona are aware.''
That just sounds very unlikely. A London gang he had problems with 2 years ago? So they waited for 2 years then travelled to Barcelona to kidnap him?? What would even be the purpose? They haven’t asked for any money?

Obviously we don't have the context but that audio recording does sound like a farewell of sorts.

I'd like to know what time his phone pinged at the railway station. There could maybe an explanation for that - if he had abandoned his belongings before entering water and someone stole it, heading in the direction of the station. But this doesn't explain the UK passport being found, which is a valuable document, so why throw that away?

Overall Barcelona is a safe city and he was around touristy areas. The gangster angle, unless it was some sort of drug smuggling operation I'm not so sure about. It's maybe suspicious he was apparently meeting someone in Barcelona and that nobody came forward, but due to his poor mental health can't assume he was telling the truth. I suspect this case could be solved very quickly if his phone was found.

The case reminds me a little of this but I wont name her as she has been found.

1673671559093.png

1673671590995.png
'My life is on hold, my life is upside down'

She said Christmas was a painful time as the family couldn't celebrate without Levi.

"I didn't want to celebrate it, to be honest, it was like, 'what's the point?' because he's not here. It was a real missing piece of the family that made it not the same.

"My life is on hold, my life is upside down."

The family now want to hear from anyone with any information about Levi's whereabouts, even if it is passed on anonymously.

"Someone might be nervous about retaliation if they come forward with details and give a name or something, but even if it's information that could shed some light on what's happened, just to give us that little bit more leading to Levi's whereabouts.

"They don't have to give their name, just something or maybe someone who knows. If you're anonymous, we don't mind.

"We just want to know he's okay and he's alive, that would be such a big help for me mentally."

Levi's mum revealed at the weekend her son’s passport was found near a cargo shipment in Barcelona port Link

Also mentioned was that he made a payment of €30 on payment platform Bizum, which appears to be a Spanish instant payment platform. My understanding from reading online, is that he would have required a Spanish bank account to do this.

I assume this is an easily traceable transaction, if he was up to something nefarious he would have likely taken out cash at an ATM and paid in cash instead. This also raises the question of his links to Spain.

Levi's mum revealed at the weekend her son’s passport was found near a cargo shipment in Barcelona port Link

Also mentioned was that he made a payment of €30 on payment platform Bizum, which appears to be a Spanish instant payment platform. My understanding from reading online, is that he would have required a Spanish bank account to do this.

I assume this is an easily traceable transaction, if he was up to something nefarious he would have likely taken out cash at an ATM and paid in cash instead. This also raises the question of his links to Spain.

I previously brought attention to Bizum and the bank account last year when first reported.

Screenshot_20230116-162817_Firefox-01.jpeg

Missing rugby and X Factor star Levi Davis was around £100,000 in debt to the Somali mafia and was convinced they had tried to poison him before he vanished in Spain, it was claimed on Wednesday.

Catalan newspaper La Vanguardia said the 24-year-old, who disappeared in Barcelona nearly three months ago, had got himself into huge debt after his party lifestyle spiralled out of control.

British investigator Gavin Burrows has been hired by Davis' distraught family to look into the disappearance. An unnamed member of Burrows' team was quoted by the paper as saying: 'Davis came to Barcelona fleeing from these criminals. He had adopted a frenzied lifestyle and was in a very delicate situation.

'The truth is he was sure they were chasing him. In fact he was convinced they had tried to poison him on one occasion.'

The amount he owed was put at around £102,000.

Missing rugby and X Factor star Levi Davis was around £100,000 in debt to the Somali mafia and was convinced they had tried to poison him before he vanished in Spain, it was claimed on Wednesday.

Catalan newspaper La Vanguardia said the 24-year-old, who disappeared in Barcelona nearly three months ago, had got himself into huge debt after his party lifestyle spiralled out of control.

British investigator Gavin Burrows has been hired by Davis' distraught family to look into the disappearance. An unnamed member of Burrows' team was quoted by the paper as saying: 'Davis came to Barcelona fleeing from these criminals. He had adopted a frenzied lifestyle and was in a very delicate situation.

'The truth is he was sure they were chasing him. In fact he was convinced they had tried to poison him on one occasion.'

The amount he owed was put at around £102,000.

Oh if that is true that is really heartbreaking. JMO

DETECTIVES hired by the family of missing Levi Davis are searching for a mystery online pal he planned to meet, reports say.

[...]

Reports in Spain cite fears Levi could have been entrapped by someone he met on social media.

One of the team of investigators told La Vanguardia: “We know a friend sent him £30 on (money app) Bizum so he could play for a place to sleep in.

“And we also know he intended meeting a person he had met on social media, a person he had never actually seen, a person who could give us very valuable information about what occurred.

“Unfortunately we only have a nickname to go on.

“Perhaps it was nothing more than bait offered by the mafia who were looking for him. We can’t rule out any hypothesis.”

[...]

The claims surfaced as it emerged his family were pressing Spanish police to investigate a possible drowning in Barcelona’s port.

Good Morning Britain reported a man was in the water in distress in the port area close to a nearby cruise ship.

A search was launched but then halted because no passengers were missing.

It was only some time later that police realised Levi’s passport was found in that same area, said the programme.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back