Spain Spain - Levi Davis, 24, former England rugby star, last known to be in The Old Irish Pub, Barcelona, 29 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A CHILLING discovery that could have helped find missing Levi Davis has been described as a "missed chance" after a person was spotted in the sea.

The 24-year-old former professional rugby player was last seen leaving an Irish pub in Barcelona on October 29 with his passport later being discovered in the city’s port area.

And a sighting of a person lost at sea around the time Levi was last seen has begged the question if it was him.

An unnamed member of the team of private detectives told La Vanguardia newspaper: "Davis's friend living in Eivissa also pointed out that a day later cruise ship workers reported that a person was in the sea.

"Shortly after, the search operations were suspended because no one was missing on board the ship, neither the crew nor the passengers.

"We did not report Davis missing until several days later and his passport appeared in the port a couple of weeks later."

The same reports were backed up by reporter Nick Dixon on Good Morning Britain, who claimed it could have been a missed chance.

And a sighting of a person lost at sea around the time Levi was last seen has begged the question if it was him.

An unnamed member of the team of private detectives told La Vanguardia newspaper: "Davis's friend living in Eivissa also pointed out that a day later cruise ship workers reported that a person was in the sea.

"Shortly after, the search operations were suspended because no one was missing on board the ship, neither the crew nor the passengers.
SBM
Eivissa is the Catalan spelling of Ibiza, both the island and the city.

I agree, this was a missed opportunity.

I previously brought attention to Bizum and the bank account last year when first reported.

View attachment 395697

If he has a Spanish bank account, I wonder if he has deeper connections in Spain that first thought?

Or maybe his friend in Ibiza arranged his Spanish bank account?

Perhaps his friend had a friend of a friend who is helping him lie low for a bit?

Being in debt and also having problems with Somalian gangs may not be connected to each other, but both would cause untold stress

MOO.

Food for thought.

I just wonder, if you have a debt with the Somalian Mafia (very active in London btw) and you feel scared, would you meet up with an ad random person you met on line? Or did I miss something.
Depends if he felt safe enough with this person he met. I presume it was a 'date' or 'sexual encounter' of some sort?

Me too. I think he is/was mentally ill and the Somalian gang story is a result of paranoia. Just my thoughts, I could be completely wrong.

I agree about the possibility of paranoia. If gangs were following him, why would he give away his location on the ferry to Barcelona on social media. If he had been consuming alcohol and drugs in Ibiza in the days before, could this comedown/withdrawal have triggered paranoia about money which he may have owed someone.

I think his passport being found in the port means he is likely in the water but whether it was suicide, murder or just misadventure it's hard to know with so little information and no body.

I've never heard of the Somalian mafia
  • Rachel Kaburi
  • March 26, 2019 rbbm.
  • ''The Observernewspaper reported a story of a Somali mother who flew all the way to Mombasa to prevent her 19-year-old son from returning to the U.K. This was after drug gangs threatened the 19-year-old to return to London. “I am very scared of what the gangs will do if he comes home,” the mother said. In another similar case, a 15-year-old was sent to Somali after his friend was stabbed in Islington, London and was threatened that he would be next.

Those who don’t comply with the gangs face the consequences and are often killed. As per a report by the Guardian, Albanian Mafia is now the kings of cocaine in the U.K. They have seized control of the U.K. drugs trade from the ports of Europe to the streets of London. Albanian Mafia has managed to stay on top of the drug world by lowering the price of cocaine and increasing its purity.

British teenagers are being sent to Somali by their parents due to fear and concern from the parents that the British police are doing little to protect their children from these threats. Somali mothers who arrived in London following a series of civil unrest in Somali in the 1990s, now fear for their sons’ lives and are sending them away. “Sending them away has become the only way they can be safer. This issue of safety has been repeatedly raised by the community but nobody has listened. ''
By
Jane Hamilton 19 MAY 2021
''Desperate to cash in on the lucrative trade in Scotland’s capital city, a Somalian drug gang from London moved in and took on Edinburgh 's crime lords in a bid to edge them out.''

''The Somalis were raking in about £15,000 a week when they descended on estates in the city.''

''Also battling for a share of Edinburgh’s busy drug scene was the notorious Yardies – mostly Jamaican gangsters who had moved into the city from London and Birmingham – who had a reputation for being as violent as the Mafia and the Triads in controlling their trade.

Known for their lavish lifestyles, swanky cars, designer gold jewellery, the Yardies flaunted their wealth as well as their weapons – automatic guns were a favourite.''

I agree about the possibility of paranoia. If gangs were following him, why would he give away his location on the ferry to Barcelona on social media. If he had been consuming alcohol and drugs in Ibiza in the days before, could this comedown/withdrawal have triggered paranoia about money which he may have owed someone.

I think his passport being found in the port means he is likely in the water but whether it was suicide, murder or just misadventure it's hard to know with so little information and no body.

yes though it might be helped if anyone else saw evidence of this.

LEVI Davis posted a haunting last video in which he said he was being blackmailed by criminals who threatened to kill him and his family.

The 24-year-old initially deleted the footage after posting it on Instagram but it has now re-emerged three months after the X Factor star and rugby player vanished in Barcelona.

[...]

The Instagram video was posted four days before he vanished but has been retrieved by private investigator Gavin Burrows.

He said it's being released with the agreement of friends and family in a bid to help get information about what might have happened.

[...]

The video begins with him saying: “My name is Levi Davis and my life is in danger. I beg that you listen and try to understand what I’m telling you.”

In the footage, a distressed Levi alleges he was being blackmailed by criminals who threatened him and his family.

He said the blackmail began after he had been on X Factor in 2019.

Levi said he “went to the police and I asked them if they could help me” because “something was happening to me and wasn’t something good”.

“You may ask ‘why wouldn’t you just stay away from individuals which wish you harm’,” a tearful Levi said.

“And that’s what I tried to do by starting a new life in Australia. But what happened is that I was followed there also.”

Levi said he went to one of the blackmailers to “conform to their demands”.

“I was told by them in ways which are not direct but are absolutely true that they were going to attempt - if I said anything out - they were going to attempt to kill me, threaten my family.

“And they also were trying to frame me.”

Levi alleges that the blackmailers had access to his medical records as they brought up “things that only I have had conversations with the NHS”.

He said he has been “trying to understand their demands” adding “on the surface I had to look normal, they told me to look normal”.

The Sun Online has chosen not to reveal why Levi alleges he was being blackmailed.

The new video released gives me the impression he had a mental illness which leads him to become paranoid, such as psychosis which others had already mentioned to him. Most of his claims are conspiracy theories. He claims he was wandering the streets of London and Birmingham "looking for evidence" so it's possible he was doing the same in Barcelona. I think he ended up in the sea either from misadventure or suicide. It's unfortunate he didn't stay put in one place and receive proper long term treatment.

LEVI Davis posted a haunting last video in which he said he was being blackmailed by criminals who threatened to kill him and his family.

The 24-year-old initially deleted the footage after posting it on Instagram but it has now re-emerged three months after the X Factor star and rugby player vanished in Barcelona.

[...]

The Instagram video was posted four days before he vanished but has been retrieved by private investigator Gavin Burrows.

He said it's being released with the agreement of friends and family in a bid to help get information about what might have happened.

[...]

The video begins with him saying: “My name is Levi Davis and my life is in danger. I beg that you listen and try to understand what I’m telling you.”

In the footage, a distressed Levi alleges he was being blackmailed by criminals who threatened him and his family.

He said the blackmail began after he had been on X Factor in 2019.

Levi said he “went to the police and I asked them if they could help me” because “something was happening to me and wasn’t something good”.

“You may ask ‘why wouldn’t you just stay away from individuals which wish you harm’,” a tearful Levi said.

“And that’s what I tried to do by starting a new life in Australia. But what happened is that I was followed there also.”

Levi said he went to one of the blackmailers to “conform to their demands”.

“I was told by them in ways which are not direct but are absolutely true that they were going to attempt - if I said anything out - they were going to attempt to kill me, threaten my family.

“And they also were trying to frame me.”

Levi alleges that the blackmailers had access to his medical records as they brought up “things that only I have had conversations with the NHS”.

He said he has been “trying to understand their demands” adding “on the surface I had to look normal, they told me to look normal”.

The Sun Online has chosen not to reveal why Levi alleges he was being blackmailed.

ITV News reported that he claimed to have been drugged by a woman who then made videos of a sexual nature and used those for blackmail.

A couple of thoughts. The NHS were hacked last year, so his medical data could have been obtained then.

The obvious conclusion is the blackmailers made good on their threat, but I wonder if the very intense stress of the situation may have driven him to take his own life. The only real reason I can see for the blackmailers to carry out their threat would be as a warning to other people they're blackmailing, and it's possible he witnessed something like that when he visited the blackmailers.

@sundaaaay makes a good point though. It might explain why the police don't appear to have done anything when he went to them

ITV News reported that he claimed to have been drugged by a woman who then made videos of a sexual nature and used those for blackmail.
The Onlyfans could have been set up to counteract being blackmailed, by releasing images himself on there. Maybe some things he mentioned in the video did happen but were mixed up with things that didn't. With psychosis, it's impossible to determine what is real and what is not. There may have been trolls online which fed into his paranoia and he may have done drugs in Ibiza which added to it too. A witness who claimed he was walking around confused state may have been credible.

A friend of Levi Davis has revealed he was the last person to hear from the X Factor star before he went missing.

Mike Guida, 25, got a call from Levi just after CCTV captured him leaving a pub in Barcelona on October 29 - the last known sighting of the rugby player.

The 24-year-old former professional sportsman and X Factor star was last seen leaving an Irish pub in the Spanish city at 10.05pm on October 29 in CCTV footage obtained by the Mirror.

Private investigators searching for Levi have said he was fleeing criminals and may have tragically drowned at a Barcelona port.

[...]

“I believe I was the last person to hear from him,” he told The Sun Online.

“He was saying ‘can’t wait to get you over here, can’t wait to see you."

Mike explains that he was asleep and missed the calls but reached out to Levi the next day and feels "terrible" that he missed him.

"It’s horrible thinking it could be the last thing he said but at the same time, if that’s the case, I was at least a thought of his and he was excited about something," he added.

Mike and Levi met while playing rugby for Bath University and he describes his missing friend as "very loyal" and "always up for a laugh".

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth
Back