Specifically, why is Casey no longer acknowledging her parents in the courtroom?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hmmm - if there is a "rift" between Casey and her parents I would imagine the ones truly worried about the implications are Cindy and George Anthony but especially Cindy since it is CINDY and not Casey who was last seen with Caylee by someone other than a family member.

ahh, I'm not alone!

I don't think she feels any shame. I keep thinking of the jailhouse conversation when KC tells CA they had the opportunity to get her out but didn't take it and CA follows up with they "don't have the means" to get her out. KC immediately says, "Give dad the phone, I don't want to get frustrated."

I think this is the epitome of their relationship-- You aren't doing for me so I"m moving along to someone else who'll do my bidding.

They aren't in any position right now to help her-her lawyers are so she's playing up to them. I think she's one sick individual.

I agree with this too. I also think she is very angry with them. I think she feels this is all somehow their fault. Her quick, fake smile at them at a previous hearing seemed like a sign of deep anger to me. But, I do think she is capable of feeling something similar to shame. Not like you or I feel, but something to the effect of knowing that they may be able to see through her or that they could break her down. I think she is uncomfortable facing them knowing that she killed their precious Caylee. It's not remorse or empathy or anything close, just discomfort. She doesn't mind hurting people but likely does not want to be around to see their sorrow later on. It's annoying. I recall casey has seemed uncomfrotable, annoyed or even angry in the past when her mom has shown emotion at the jail.

My belief is that it goes back to the grand jury indictment. I think KC blames George for testifying, and Cindy for not keeping him from testifying.

KC doesn't see it as her own fault she is in jail and in a hot mess because she murdered Caylee. She thinks she can and should get away with it, because her parents always let her get away with everything. I think in her mind, it was up to Cindy and George to somehow keep her from being indicted, despite any and all other evidence and testimony at the GJ. They failed her. She's pizzed. And she's not going to talk to them or 'be nice' to them until they get her out of this mess.

Note that this would also explain Cindy and George's behavior so far as their 'KC is innocent' campaign, which has, to me, remained otherwise inexplicable. This family is very enmeshed - they do not function as individuals, but as a melded single entity. They all have their roles within this entity, they all play their parts, so the group can function as a whole. There's no separating them. When I look at the behavior of one, I now always look at the behavior of all the others, and it's much easier for me to make some sense of what they're doing.

MOO
:clap::clap:

Someone asked that very same question on one of the news shows last night and the answer is that she is not allowed to acknowledge them. She's not supposed to speak with them, look at them or try to touch them.

~Jai Yen

is this true?

I think that is very true. I believe KC tosses people aside once she has no use for them with the ease that we have in tossing out a used tissue.

She has her attorneys now and they will be the people she connects with.

Beside, I think the defense will point the finger at the parents, especially GA, when this goes to trial and KC will have no problem with it.

If George & Cindy happen to get a chunk of change, regarding opportunities presented by current circumstances, Casey will untoss them and use them up all over again.

They will allow that to happen because it is what they do. It is what they are familiar with. They blend martyrdom with selective devotion and a keen eye to outward appearances, even though they ultimately do things that appear consistently bizzaro.

They will be re-tossed after they are used up & worn out once again.

Meanwhile, they appear in Court as some sort of showing of solidarity & support for their "innocent" daughter.

Casey is probably impossible to appease on this issue. It's a lose-lose thing.
If they fail to appear, Casey is inwardly enraged because they have done to her what she is free to do to everyone including her child in that they have ignored what she sees as her needs.

When they do show up in Court, they are not "home free" so to speak, for Casey sees herself as neither beholden to, or anything but above the law and the appearance of George & Cindy will be interpreted by some part of Casey as giving their seal of approval to the entire notion of her being subject to the same justice system as people who unlike Casey, are not above the law.
That part of Casey feels that her parents should not dignify these ridiculously "inappropriate for her" proceedings with a response (appearance).

Just my thoughts & Humble-Opinion:wolf:

She is an evil selfish brat and will be ugly to them for spite. I think she blames them for everything wrong in her life.

KC can't look them in the eye for more than a second because she knows they know what she did. Before, they could all keep up the babysitter, missing child front but not anymore. Caylee being found just down the road, with her little blanket and the laundry bag that belongs in the garage with the other one, brought it all to light. They all know the truth and KC is too ashamed to look them in the eye.

She better come to terms with it because they will be the only ones there for her when this is all over with. She's lucky she still has their support and she's too stupid to realize that they're all she has left. It will make her look very bad at trial if she continues to give them the cold shoulder. What innocent person would do that? An innocent person would strive to see their face for just a little glimpse of reassurance and support. Why is she so stoic and hateful?
I would be falling apart knowing that my daughter had been murdered and I was accused.

so true!!

I gave this some thought. They don't like the cameras watching every tiny interaction. I've heard it said before that if George and Cindy and Lee want to communicate outside the spotlight, then they need to go through the courtroom. So what I figure has happened is that they've written letters (the packet of papers Jose tossed at Casey as she sat down) and Casey read them, and then she wrote her responses (the writing she's seen doing). At the end of the hearing, Jose snaps up the packet and off he goes to deliver the response to the Anthony's. That way she doesn't have to be uber examined for every little thing. And it further explains why he was so conscientious to mention that if the camera was going to be up front that they don't focus on what she's doing with the papers.

Huh.. interesting. Makes perfect backward sense- sounds like something Cindy (or her minion, Lee) would come up with! I bet your right, debs! Your good!!

Someone asked that very same question on one of the news shows last night and the answer is that she is not allowed to acknowledge them. She's not supposed to speak with them, look at them or try to touch them.

~Jai Yen

is this true?

Only in part. The rules don't require that level of whatever it is she is doing.
Humble-Opinion :wolf:

She has limits imposed but just a nod or something would not KILL HER. geeeez.

They are of no benefit to her now. They're spent and she can't get any more from them. She might toy with them and their emotions now and then, but only to amuse herself in a twisted way. She abuses them and they take it. Imagine what it would have been like if they had become aged and infirm and had to trust her and rely on her to help care for them? Not good.

Rules do say not to communicate with the prisoners. However, a courteous smile or head nod to her mother and father wouldn't be amiss.

I posted this on another thread but I also but I noticed when KC came into the courtroom and sat down the camera focused on CA. The look on CA's face spoke volumes to the relationship between KC and her parents. CA had a look of confusion and hurt on her face. As if to say "Why aren't you turning around and acknowledging us? Why won't you look at us? We've given everything to you and supported you"

I do hope CA is hurt beyond belief. I hope she's hurt enough that she sees her daughter for who she really is. My hope is that she will come to her senses and do what is right to ensure that there is justice for Caylee.

I agree, Cindy really seemed to have confusion in her eyes. She really is a very sick woman. IMO She will never admit it, even if she knows... regardless of what she knows. It's never been about Casey, it's about her- it's about Cindy.

My belief is that it goes back to the grand jury indictment. I think KC blames George for testifying, and Cindy for not keeping him from testifying.

KC doesn't see it as her own fault she is in jail and in a hot mess because she murdered Caylee. She thinks she can and should get away with it, because her parents always let her get away with everything. I think in her mind, it was up to Cindy and George to somehow keep her from being indicted, despite any and all other evidence and testimony at the GJ. They failed her. She's pizzed. And she's not going to talk to them or 'be nice' to them until they get her out of this mess.

Note that this would also explain Cindy and George's behavior so far as their 'KC is innocent' campaign, which has, to me, remained otherwise inexplicable. This family is very enmeshed - they do not function as individuals, but as a melded single entity. They all have their roles within this entity, they all play their parts, so the group can function as a whole. There's no separating them. When I look at the behavior of one, I now always look at the behavior of all the others, and it's much easier for me to make some sense of what they're doing.

MOO

Great post and IMO very accurate portrail of a personality disordered (or even addictive or abusive) home.

I think KC told JB I'm not going to acknowledge my parents, so stop asking me to play nice with them. She could care less that her parents are in the court room.

I think she's mad at them for the grand jury testimony, but also, more recently she is mad that they cremated Caylee. It was Cindy's way of saying, "Oh no you didn't" to Casey as she shakes her head and waves a finger.

I am not sure if anyone else recalls this but way back in the beginning of the case Cindy told LE she could care less about Casey, she just wanted Caylee back. That keeps playing over and over again on NG. Cindy also stated to the media that if she ever felt that he daughter ever hurt Caylee, she would be the first one to admit it. I am thinking the no visits are a way for the Anthony's to say...hey Casey, we cover for you over and over and now it's over. They may look like they are defending their daughter and that is just what a parent does. But in the end, it will be Georges statements that will help put Casey away for a long time. As for Cindy, I think she is embarrassed more than anything. This puts a big dent in her perfect picture family she was trying to portray..and still is. JMO

I thought what Cindy said was "I don't care where Casey is...I just want to find Caylee. I don't care where Casey is." I think that was when she didn't know where either of them were. She wasn't worried about Casey..Casey is an adult but she needed to find Caylee who was a tiny child. That is how I took it anyway.

I thought what Cindy said was "I don't care where Casey is...I just want to find Caylee. I don't care where Casey is." I think that was when she didn't know where either of them were. She wasn't worried about Casey..Casey is an adult but she needed to find Caylee who was a tiny child. That is how I took it anyway.

Why would she have been talking to LE when she didn't know where either of them were?

ETA- She didn't put forth much effort in "fiding" Caylee. It seems where Casey ends up is indeed more important to Cindy than finding Caylee was.

Because they're not out touting her innocence and persuing the "real" Zanny! Oh and she's taken a new persona now "attorney" she can't be disturbed when she's with her peers.

I think she's mad at them for the grand jury testimony, but also, more recently she is mad that they cremated Caylee. It was Cindy's way of saying, "Oh no you didn't" to Casey as she shakes her head and waves a finger.

I don't think that Casey cared one way or the other what George and Cindy did with Caylee's body. I think her statement was all for show and to make her parents look bad. She loves revenge.

As for the way she is treating her parents now...I think she has decided not to see them because she doesn't want to answer any more of their questions about Caylee. She avoided their questions at every turn before but now she just isn't going to bother with them. I think others are right too...they have nothing that she wants now so she doesn't need them anymore. I doubt that she gives them a second thought most of the time.

I don't think that Casey is capable of feeling any shame at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478
Back