Specifically, why is Casey no longer acknowledging her parents in the courtroom?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think that they are a closed chapter to her, just like Caylee. She wishes all this would hurry and pass over so she can get back to her life.

I don't know if she realizes yet that this IS her life now.

But her parents can no longer DO anything for her; there's no reason to pretend to have a normal relationship with them any more. She's moved on.

Anything else would be a waste, a huge waste.

Sundance
---------
Exactly!

I wonder how that makes KC feel seeing her mother hugging all over JB when he can't even touch her without getting into trouble with the jail guards. I could be wrong but sometimes I think CA is doing these things on purpose just to show KC who's really in control.

I think you are right. Both of the Anthonys dislike Baez, and have made many statements to that effect.

I believe her hugging him was a "gotcha" to KC. I find watching all the tapes without sound very interesting. It makes the body language much more noticeable.

I believe Casey is incapable of love. She has no real connection to her parents just as she had no real emotional connection to her daughter and always viewed them as a means to fill HER needs. They can't help her now so she has no use for them. She saves all of the smiles and giggles for her lawyers.

She just uses people.

I have read most of this thread, but not all, so sorry if this has been mentioned. Or maybe it should be on 'behavior/dress' thread......

I thought I heard both JB and LkB apologize (I'm sorry) to kc as she was exiting the court room and then she looked as if she was going to burst into tears? I looked at it twice, just to make sure I heard it correctly....

If I'm not hearing/seeing things then. Whats up with all of that?

Thanks.
I thought she was going to burst into tears too. But if JB and LKB apologised to her, it must have been about losing the motion to have sanctions applied. That must have been what the expression on her face was about as she left the courtroom. Thwarted again. Can't throw a tantrum till out of sight of the cameras. IMO her parents were the last thing on her mind.

This is all so interesting to me--this family--(and heartbreaking when you think of the reason we are all interested!)
It seems as if CA and GA are really making an effort to do everything right. Yes, they spin their wheels and go into major denial, but they are making obvious efforts to TRY to be good people. I wish people were not so reliant on drugs as they are, but I guess that's wishing for too much. I think it ultimately holds them back when they pack their cabinets full of coping drugs. If part of the parent's problem is not seeing the problems clearly enough--maybe they should try getting clear of mind-fogging medications. But like I said, that would be hoping for too much. I admire them for their efforts to overcome their limitations as parents.

KC, on the other hand, is right where she should be and will have plenty of time to sort out those pounds and pounds of conflicting emotions she has. When it comes right down to it, she really can't hold her parents accountable for this. They are bumbling along in life, like most of us do. But KC was beyond toxic.

I wonder how that makes KC feel seeing her mother hugging all over JB when he can't even touch her without getting into trouble with the jail guards. I could be wrong but sometimes I think CA is doing these things on purpose just to show KC who's really in control.

I don't have the slightest doubt you're right. Almost immediately after LP remarked that Casey liked Rob Dick? (young bounty hunter), Cindy engaged in an inappropriately long and affectionate hugging scene with him at JBP while looking straight at the cameras throughout it.

Far worse and more telling than that episode was Cindy's jealous reaction at the jail both times that George opened a conversation with Casey with an especially "warm" remark. The first time was when he said "Hi, gorgeous" (or was it "Hi, beautiful"?) The next time was when he opened with "I love you." On both those occassions--and NO others--Cindy immediately leaned waaayyy back in her chair so she could snuggle her head against his chest but she was looking straight at Casey in the monitor when she did it.

To me, this is evidence of yet another kind of serious malfunction in that distorted mother-daughter relationship. IMO.

I don't have the slightest doubt you're right. Almost immediately after LP remarked that Casey liked Rob Dick? (young bounty hunter), Cindy engaged in an inappropriately long and affectionate hugging scene with him at JBP while looking straight at the cameras throughout it.

Far worse and more telling than that episode was Cindy's jealous reaction at the jail both times that George opened a conversation with Casey with an especially "warm" remark. The first time was when he said "Hi, gorgeous" (or was it "Hi, beautiful"?) The next time was when he opened with "I love you." On both those occassions--and NO others--Cindy immediately leaned waaayyy back in her chair so she could snuggle her head against his chest but she was looking straight at Casey in the monitor when she did it.

To me, this is evidence of yet another kind of serious malfunction in that distorted mother-daughter relationship. IMO.
I completely agree with you, Friday. I noticed those displays of affection toward George too and that scene with RD was downright embarrassing. There's a well thought out motive for every move CA makes where her daughter is concerned and none of them are healthy. IMO

The game is afoot. Casey is still playing mom and dad. Could be payback for the funeral faux pas. (You didn't do what I want so you don't exist type bs.)

I completely agree with you, Friday. I noticed those displays of affection toward George too and that scene with RD was downright embarrassing. There's a well thought out motive for every move CA makes where her daughter is concerned and none of them are healthy. IMO

So glad to know someone else was bothered by CA's reaction those times at the jail. It's driven me crazy because her behavior was a pretty clear indication that CA is jealous of her own daughter--even when that daughter is sitting in jail. Talk about twisted and unwholesome! I loathe Casey, but from what I've seen of Cindy's behavior in the last 8 months, I rather pity anyone who has had to live with her.

I apologize to those of you who may feel offended on CA's behalf, but this is simply the way I feel.

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Casey was jealous of Caylee as well.

Personality disorders clearly are inherited. Thankfully, Cindy was never jealous enough to kill any of her children.

Blech, Cindy makes my stomach churn. I do hope she realizes that Casey is the way she is because she learned a lot of it from mommmy dearest.

I think Casey is ashamed of herself, in front of Cindy and George she made up all the elaborate lies etc and Casey knows her paren'ts know she is guilty, they know of all the B.s she has done. She is probably blaming them for what has happened.
Casey is selfish and self centered she needed mom and dad when she was out and walking free and then in the jail house tapes she fusses over them not taking the chance to get her out a 2nd time. Casey has no respect for anyone other than herself.
I wish Cindy and George would stop bothering with her and twist the rope the other way ignoring her not sending money for her commissary etc.

So glad to know someone else was bothered by CA's reaction those times at the jail. It's driven me crazy because her behavior was a pretty clear indication that CA is jealous of her own daughter--even when that daughter is sitting in jail. Talk about twisted and unwholesome! I loathe Casey, but from what I've seen of Cindy's behavior in the last 8 months, I rather pity anyone who has had to live with her.

I apologize to those of you who may feel offended on CA's behalf, but this is simply the way I feel.

Not offended in the least, Friday. KC's having to grow up with someone like Cindy as a mother, is the reason that I have a "smidgen" of pity for KC. Just so I don't get punched...I do feel that KC is the only one responsible for killing Caylee, but I do feel the way she was treated by CA, while growing up, had a huge influence on KC.

Ya know, I think maybe for the first time in her life Casey is allowed freedom. Freedom to think what she wants, to feel what she wants and to act how she wants.. Separate from Cindy and her wants, needs & expectations.

Your statement shows just how twisted KC is because all she needed to do to gain freedom from her mom was get off her lazy *ss and make her own way in the world. Killing her daughter was a really screwy way to gain freedom from her mom a job and an apartment would have given her freedom not LWP JMO.

Specifically, I dont know why she is ignoring her parents. IMO Georges face showed anger and contempt when he was sitting behind her.I believe they know she is guilty and she knows they know. When KC got up to leave I believe she started to tear up because her parents had left.JMO

lwp

Bold is mine-

She sure is! There are times I think Caylee's death was a blessing.. I can't imagine what the TWO of them would have done to her psyche, her spirit, by the time she was Casey's age. Scary to think about.

Your statement shows just how twisted KC is because all she needed to do to gain freedom from her mom was get off her lazy *ss and make her own way in the world. Killing her daughter was a really screwy way to gain freedom from her mom a job and an apartment would have given her freedom not LWP JMO.

Specifically, I dont know why she is ignoring her parents. IMO Georges face showed anger and contempt when he was sitting behind her.I believe they know she is guilty and she knows they know. When KC got up to leave I believe she started to tear up because her parents had left.JMO

lwp

Well first of all, obviously her thinking is screwed up, isn't that the whole problem?! If her thinking made sense this would not have happened, if her thinking made sense or were less "twisted", we wouldn't be here reading about this case, the media wouldn't be covering this case..

As far as your opinion on her ignoring her parents in court and your impression of George while in court and Cindy and George's true feelings? I hope what you think is true. I really do. Because it would be nice if they stopped lying, making excuses, covering up and blaming everyone but their daughter and their selves. It would be a very refreshing change that I'd welcome with open arms!

I thought she was going to burst into tears too. But if JB and LKB apologised to her, it must have been about losing the motion to have sanctions applied. That must have been what the expression on her face was about as she left the courtroom. Thwarted again. Can't throw a tantrum till out of sight of the cameras. IMO her parents were the last thing on her mind.

Casey was probably pissy about that sweater they made her wear and LKB was saying sorry for that. I can't blame her, did ya'll see that sweater?! Uggh!

I know this subject exists in another thread..but the discussion is somewhat buried in the middle of a long thread and I was hoping that it could be open to further discussion and deserving of a thread of it's own (?)

Has something specific happened that Casey will not even nod at her parents in the courtroom? At the hearing before this she did turn around and smile at them. This time...nothing. Is that not REALLY odd? Does it make you think something very SPECIFIC is at the heart of the non-eye contact-no-acknowledgement?

what is it?

In her own words because she is a spiteful b****. IMHO

Having read the posts in this thread, I agree with many in part. I keep going back to CA's tape where she claimed she didn't care where KC was, she wanted Caylee found. Then I pair this with all the media interviews she loved to give where she firmly states that once Caylee is found, everyone will know KC is innocent.

Smoke and mirrors .... that is all the A's know how to speak. That and A'onese. It's all smoke and mirrors for the A family and now the smoke is clearing and the mirrors are cracking. JB and crew can't stop it, KC can't stop it and each will get their seven years of bad luck for each piece of mirror that falls to the ground.

CA can't speak the truth for that would give her shards of broken mirrors. GA spoke the truth and he gets cast a few shards of the mirror. LA, well he thinks he is immune but once the smoke has cleared for him, he will have to clean baskets full of shard pieces of mirror.

The entire stock of band-aids in this county won't help or heal this mess.

Just watched "Grey Gardens" documentary about a mother/daughter enmeshed relationship, and came to the conclusion about the motives of unemployed children.

In this case KC--was waiting to get control of the house. No matter how long it would take, it was worthwhile for her to embed herself and wait to get control of the house, because she would never have to work at a normal job that she thought was beneath her.

KC is not above killing to get what she wants. She just regrets being caught and exposed, because ultimately she's a very private kind of spider.

(BTW, in Grey Gardens, the daughter fought off lawyers and the health department for 25 years, but eventually got control of the 28 room house in the Hamptons.)

Casey was probably pissy about that sweater they made her wear and LKB was saying sorry for that. I can't blame her, did ya'll see that sweater?! Uggh!

:biglaugh:

I haven't been thru the entire thread so this may have been mentioned. Scuze me if so...

The first thing that came to me is that she's big time PO'd because she has to appear in court in CA's clothes !! KC's clothes are too small now, and they weren't appropriate for court anyway! CA just goes into her closet and VOILA! Problem solved. Being such a spiteful and all, having to wear CA's clothes must be the ultimate insult. You know that she's got to resent that!!
KC has huge entitlement issues and probably thinks that she should have a personal shopper to consult with and a new wardrobe tailored for her court appearances.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lostnfound
Back