Speculation on the Second Cross

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And I thought it was on a branch over the water?

Leonard Padilla- "”We looked at the tree where the cross was hanging and it’s not more than 70 yards away from the water’s edge"

Hmmmm... a park full of trees, just one with a cross and it's over 200 feet from the water. It relates to the water how? I'm sure there are other trees closer to the water.

IMO this cross was not put there by KC by any stretch of the imagination.

I found very similar beads to the ones on the cross at the Hancock craft store listed in a earlier post. But Im sure they can be found at many craft stores as they seem to be pretty cheap/generic. I think the cross itself appears to be made out of foam of some sort? If made by Casey for Caylee perhaps the foam was cut from a favorite toy/stuffed animal or possibly bedding?

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/Value...VproductId47611814VVcatId539877VVviewprod.htm

I find this cross on the tree very eerie. Especially in light that Padilla says those same types of beads were at the Anthony's house. Has law enforement gotten that cross? Can they check it for fingerprints? It may be really good evidence. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CROSS??

Why did LP says that the tree with the cross was in water at the time the cross was found when there is nothing but green grass under the tree in the photograph?

Why did LP says that the tree with the cross was in water at the time the cross was found when there is nothing but green grass under the tree in the photograph?

Was the river overflowing due to the hurricane? Maybe the tree was in water a few months ago.

The pictures was supposedly taken by a searcher during the first search, in August.

Right and isn't one of the reasons they stopped the search was b/c of the water from the hurricane impeding the search?

I found very similar beads to the ones on the cross at the Hancock craft store listed in a earlier post. But Im sure they can be found at many craft stores as they seem to be pretty cheap/generic. I think the cross itself appears to be made out of foam of some sort? If made by Casey for Caylee perhaps the foam was cut from a favorite toy/stuffed animal or possibly bedding?

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/Value...VproductId47611814VVcatId539877VVviewprod.htm

I found a better pic of the cross, and I do agree that at higher resolution it looks like foam:

cross_found_blanchard.jpg

Those tri beads are so generic though, and I really have a hard time believing that KC would make something so child-like. Also the colours are more "boy", I would expect her to include more pink in something for Caylee. If she had a kit I would think there were lots of "girl" colours included in it.

I still think the orange stuff looks like boundary tape.

I agree it looks like foam with the rough/jagged edges being cut.

Oh yeah, if that is the Econ river in the background there are obviously trees much closer.

Was the river overflowing due to the hurricane? Maybe the tree was in water a few months ago.

IIRC, it was said that pretty much the whole park was underwater at the time.

IIRC, it was said that pretty much the whole park was underwater at the time.
Then that photo was not taken in August. So when was it taken and why is LP trying to pass it off as being taken during the first search?

This is HUGE, IMO.

I found a better pic of the cross, and I do agree that at higher resolution it looks like foam:

cross_found_blanchard.jpg

Those tri beads are so generic though, and I really have a hard time believing that KC would make something so child-like. Also the colours are more "boy", I would expect her to include more pink in something for Caylee. If she had a kit I would think there were lots of "girl" colours included in it.

I still think the orange stuff looks like boundary tape.

I agree, those are very common beads, I was hoping that they would be distinctive and unusual. I have bought those @ dollar tree, family dollar and drug stores for my grandchildren before.

Then that photo was not taken in August. So when was it taken and why is LP trying to pass it off as being taken during the first search?

This is HUGE, IMO.

I may be wrong, info overload.:crazy: Murt was talking about the park being underwater and I *assumed* (I know, I know) that he was speaking of when the beads were found. After seeing the necklace, the beads are so common, I don't place a whole lot of significance on it, but I still say search on LP, it can't hurt IMO.

I may be wrong, info overload.:crazy: Murt was talking about the park being underwater and I *assumed* (I know, I know) that he was speaking of when the beads were found. After seeing the necklace, the beads are so common, I don't place a whole lot of significance on it, but I still say search on LP, it can't hurt IMO.

I disagree. I think it has tremendous significance, not because it's related to Caylee's disappearance, but because someone has attempted to make it look as if it is. I'll go a step further and say that I don't believe this cross was found by a searcher in August. I think the whole thing is a scam.

If it wasn't for the purple and white bead there, I would almost say a boy scout might have made it.........those blue and gold colors look like boy scout colors to me.

And I believe I read somewhere earlier that the orange material was what they were using to mark things of interest that was found.

Could they still get fingerprints from the bead?

The pictures was supposedly taken by a searcher during the first search, in August.
(my bold)

All the info I'd read about the cross lead me to think it was a wearable item. So it was quite a surprise to have this 'memorial' pop up. Does make ya wonder. :confused:

I disagree. I think it has tremendous significance, not because it's related to Caylee's disappearance, but because someone has attempted to make it look as if it is. I'll go a step further and say that I don't believe this cross was found by a searcher in August. I think the whole thing is a scam.

We will just have to agree to disagree on the "scam" part. :) I don't think that the beads are unique enough to get excited about, but I sure am glad LP is still searching.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans
Back