Speculation on the Second Cross

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The team leaders don't collect evidence to my understanding. They stay put until LE is notified and it is LEs determination to make. They apparantly didn't find it to be significant, right or wrong. I personally don't see Casey doing memorial visits to where she buried Caylee. That reflects a conscience and remorse, of which I don't believe she has either. I know Diane Downs had a memorial item but she wasn't denying her kid(s) were harmed/dead. Of course LE could have it and not be saying so?

Someone thought it was important enough to take a picture of. It makes no sense to me that it wasn't collected.

Someone thought it was important enough to take a picture of. It makes no sense to me that it wasn't collected.

I agree Chilly, what is the point of taking a picture really when you could just collect it. It's not as though it's some 100lb thing that is awkward to toss in an evidence collection bag..makes no sense at all to me. JMO.

No way could the female body guard have watched her make it. Casey was on house arrest, she couldn't have made it when the body guard was there and then taken it to the park.

LP meant KC took it out there on 27th of June...before the sh...hit the fan. FBH saw KC using beads and material at home when KC was there on house arrest. Apparently she recognized identical beads/fabric when shown a photo of the cross that was found at BP

I agree Chilly, what is the point of taking a picture really when you could just collect it. It's not as though it's some 100lb thing that is awkward to toss in an evidence collection bag..makes no sense at all to me. JMO.

From what I saw on the news yesterday, the searchers were all given red flags to mark anything they found that could potentially be evidence. Those marked items were to be left alone for LE to follow up and collect afterwards. Either the searcher did not consider the cross evidence, which is unlikely since a picture exists, or LE failed to collect the cross. I wonder how the picture ended up in LP's possession.

Is the photo out there somewhere or just with LE? If public, we could cross check all the other photos of KC to see if she has anything similar....?

The picture may have been taken by a searcher. We have seen pictures of unrelated gas cans, bikini bottoms, and misc fabric throughout the blogs, doesn't mean they were collected by LE.

LP meant KC took it out there on 27th of June...before the sh...hit the fan. FBH saw KC using beads and material at home when KC was there on house arrest. Apparently she recognized identical beads/fabric when shown a photo of the cross that was found at BP

Thanks, that's what I thought. I'm curious though why none of this was known until today since the cross was found back in August. It just doesn't sound right to me, TES announces they are ending the search and LP pulls yet another "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this before...." out of his hat. If these cross actually was made by Casey and Caylee's body is found in Blanchard Park, imagine all the money and effort that was spent searching elsewhere while LP kept this info to himself.

Is the photo out there somewhere or just with LE? If public, we could cross check all the other photos of KC to see if she has anything similar....?

LP has the photo according to an article I read earlier. Let me see if I can find the article.

Found this, it's difficult to make sense of, though:

"After chasing leads all day Sunday, Padilla says he thinks he has something. He says in August, EquuSearch found a cross made from arts and crafts in Blanchard Park. One of his team members recognizes those materials. She says she saw the same arts and crafts materials in Casey Anthony’s room after they bailed her out of jail.

Sunday morning, Padilla took a photograph of the cross and found the place where searchers discovered it. Padilla says the tree where searchers found the cross hanging is near water.

Now, Padilla has assembled a team of divers to search a nearby part of the Little Econ River."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who had the cross? All other reports say it disappeared so how did LP photograph it this morning?

I'm not sure this is an official FBI dive that's planned for the morning. I think it may be a team of divers LP put together that includes FBI divers.

Oops...here's the link: http://www.wftv.com/news/17938513/detail.html

Thanks, that's what I thought. I'm curious though why none of this was known until today since the cross was found back in August. It just doesn't sound right to me, TES announces they are ending the search and LP pulls yet another "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this before...." out of his hat. If these cross actually was made by Casey and Caylee's body is found in Blanchard Park, imagine all the money and effort that was spent searching elsewhere while LP kept this info to himself.

Apparently it was known before today according to David Lohr, but he was asked not to reveal info (don't know by who) but it seems someone leaked it, so he was given the go ahead to post it. Maybe the link will help.
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/11/get-the-latest.html

Apparently it was known before today according to David Lohr, but he was asked not to reveal info (don't know by who) but it seems someone leaked it, so he was given the go ahead to post it. Maybe the link will help.
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/11/get-the-latest.html

From that link:

Yes, a cross was found hanging on a tree branch. No, it was not found today, it was found during the first search effort. The information has been carefully guarded because we were not sure of the significance of the find. It was not a store bought necklace, but a craft item that someone had made out of plastic and beads. What made the find interesting was that the beads, according to Leonard Padilla, were "identical" to beads that the female bounty hunter (the one who stayed in the house when Casey was out on bond) had seen on jewlery that Casey had allegedly made. Is it related to the case? Unknown. I saw a photo of the cross today but unfortunately that is the only thing they have. The cross was left on the branch and, according to Rob Dick, disappeared shortly thereafter.

~~~~~~~

I'm still not clear on this. The cross was not retrieved and has since disappeared yet, according to wftv, LP took a picture of it this morning. Very strange. :waitasec:

till not clear on this. The cross was not retrieved and has since disappeared yet, according to wftv, LP took a picture of it this morning. Very strange. :waitasec:

My understanding is that he didn't take a photograph today, buy had a photograph with him today that he used to lead him to the site where the photo was originally taken?????

"Sunday morning, Padilla took a photograph of the cross and found the place where searchers discovered it. Padilla says the tree where searchers found the cross hanging is near water."

If it was hanging in a tree originally, maybe the searchers who photographed it could not get it down because of the high waters at the time.

My understanding is that he didn't take a photograph today, buy had a photograph with him today that he used to lead him to the site where the photo was originally taken?????

You're right, it could just be a matter of how it's written - LP used (not took) a photograph to identify the location. Although with as professional a group as what TES is, it seems they would have marked the tree somehow so it could be identified later. I still have questions though, how did LP get this photo? Why didn't Tim follow up on it? Why was such an important find not collected immediately? The cross couldn't have been hung any higher than what Casey could reach, how high could the water have been that a person wearing waders couldn't retrieve it? Not one word about the cross has come from anyone other the LP and his sidekick. Until it does I'm not going to take it seriously.

People spend far too much time dissing LP for everything he does when all he is doing is trying his best to find Caylee!! WTH?! Maybe we should bludgeon everyone who is out there searching, on television discussing it, or otherwise involved in finding Caylee, too?! I am sure we could come up with something on each and every person involved in this situation including those who work for LE, the FBI, and every news station while we are at it! Next should we start on the posters?! I don't think so! :furious::furious::furious:

:furious: I am so very tired of defending this man constantly here!! There is NO reason for people to continually bash him. He is doing what he feels is the right thing to bring Caylee home. I am so glad there are people in the world who care enough to want to go try!!

TES was aware of the cross from the first search. You would have to ask Tim why they didn't pursue it. However, first thing tomorrow morning...it is being done and maybe Tim helped arrange it with OCSO. Perhaps OCSO and the FBI wanted to wait in order to use some of Tim's equipment. There could a lot of reasons it was put off until tomorrow.

It seemed to me when TES decided to end the search before searching the water that LP jumped on it because he thinks the body is there and there's a $250.000. reward on the table. He's out $50,0000., so why not continue with the search without TES if he believes he's right??? LP is a Bounty Hunter doing his job.

OK For starters...the very large reward was offered before for Caylee being returned SAFELY and alive. It was rescinded a long time ago to my knowledge.

LP was the one who put up an additional reward (after he lost $50,000) for anyone coming forward with information leading to her body instead. He has rescinded the offer since no one did.

Even if there was a reward now...LP would not take it. He is not in this for the money.

http://cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/9/2/casey_could_take_immunity_for_information_on_caylee.html

After clicking on above site, click on Volunteer Hospitalized where there's a picture of a bracelet Casey made using the beads.

Thank you! I took a screenshot for others interested in seeing the bracelet Casey made for 12 yr old DS:
dakotabracelet.jpg

People spend far too much time dissing LP for everything he does when all he is doing is trying his best to find Caylee!! WTH?! Maybe we should bludgeon everyone who is out there searching, on television discussing it, or otherwise involved in finding Caylee, too?! I am sure we could come up with something on each and every person involved in this situation including those who work for LE, the FBI, and every news station while we are at it! Next should we start on the posters?! I don't think so! :furious::furious::furious:

:furious: I am so very tired of defending this man constantly here!! There is NO reason for people to continually bash him. He is doing what he feels is the right thing to bring Caylee home. I am so glad there are people in the world who care enough to want to go try!!

TES was aware of the cross from the first search. You would have to ask Tim why they didn't pursue it. However, first thing tomorrow morning...it is being done and maybe Tim helped arrange it with OCSO. Perhaps OCSO and the FBI wanted to wait in order to use some of Tim's equipment. There could a lot of reasons it was put off until tomorrow.

Well put.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal
Back