Spoke with KOIN News 6 and they said that Kyron's Body Has Not Been Found

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

:floorlaugh:

I should post all the nasty pm's, emails, and rude posts to me for not allowing rumors :floorlaugh: oh nice try by that person but forget it.

My response yesterday when someone asked if they could post information from people near a SAR search.

jbean said:
2 reasons we frown on that:
1. We have no idea if the information is accurate(no offense to you LOL)
2. It may hinder the investigation by revealing things that should not be posted. LE will actually ask us to remove information if we put something up that should not be made public.

That poster graciously abided by the rule even though her information was not sensitive.

In other words, someones unemployed at KOIN tonight, I guess.

I hope so, this is inexcusable. And then for someone to comment that it came from us, hahaha, if we are THEIR news source they need some serious adjustments.

So they would have had it typed up already and with the part about the SM being arrested, they have no clue if she is the one that would be arrested or not. So do they type up stories a head of time for every different scenario that might possibly happen?

Often, yes. That way they can scoop a story once it's released. Most large newspapers also have obits prewritten on most famous people as well...this way they can just add current info and run. I worked part time for a newspaper during the hurricanes here in Florida a few years back and we had numerous stories written and pages laid out with blanks for pics and local coverage just in case we were out of electricity (which happened) and we had to put the paper "to bed" on generators (which happened).

I m thinking there may be some truth to this but LE did not want anything leaked up to this point.

iirc, wasn't KOIN the news agency that reported 'the family truck was towed according to investigators' ?

Nice. I turned the TV on at 6pm to watch KOIN and not a word was said about Kyron's case in the first 3 minutes (I then gave up and turned it to KGW). Like my husband said, are they keeping mum because of their mess up? Hmm. :/

Someone here said they heard this rumor as early as last night - then someone said it happened this morning - then someone said it "just" happened...

That can't all be true - it's gotta be just a rumor.

I'm horrified. Just speechless.

Whether it's true, or untrue, this little boy was used and disrespected in a horrible way. He should mean more, to all of us.

Pic26.jpg

God bless you, Kyron. I'm sorry isn't enough.

You are so right. How terribly disrespectful to this child to publish that story.

I personally think that posting rumors ANYWHERE that others can read it is disrespectful to victims, and I certainly hope that if anything positive is to come out of this that people won't be so quick to post unconfirmed information as fact. I'm not talking about here on WS as much as the internet as a whole.

iirc, wasn't KOIN the news agency that reported 'the family truck was towed according to investigators' ?

I think you're right. They are about to get the same reputation as some of the other 'sensationalist rags' that publish stuff like an alien was seen visiting world leaders.....

I'm surprised the other local news stations aren't pointing out KOIN's 'mess-up'....

You are so right. How terribly disrespectful to this child to publish that story.

I personally think that posting rumors ANYWHERE that others can read it is disrespectful to victims, and I certainly hope that if anything positive is to come out of this that people won't be so quick to post unconfirmed information as fact. I'm not talking about here on WS as much as the internet as a whole.

I think you're right. They are about to get the same reputation as some of the other 'sensationalist rags' that publish stuff like an alien was seen visiting world leaders.....

I have been unable to post on this subject as this little boy has touched my heart. He looks just like my son did at that age (just a year or two ago). Let me tell you there is something so vulnerable and sweet about Kyron. I cannot stand the thought of anyone hurting him. I'm just sick about this whole thing and just can't let go of hope that someone has him and he will be returned safely. I hope so.

I was actually thinking this too.
This story feels true, for lack of a better way of putting it. Maybe because I've been preparing myself for it. I wouldn't be surprised if we get an announcement in the next few hours that he has been found. I cannot imagine this was reported simply because some so-called journalist read a rumor on a msg board. Puleeze!

I still refuse to believe the SM or any family member is involved. I just can't go there yet.

K

I'm surprised the other local news stations aren't pointing out KOIN's 'mess-up'....

I would hope that the other editors would realize that this could possibly add more fuel to the fire. IMO, it's best that they just let it go. JMO

I have been unable to post on this subject as this little boy has touched my heart. He looks just like my son did at that age (just a year or two ago). Let me tell you there is something so vulnerable and sweet about Kyron. I cannot stand the thought of anyone hurting him. I'm just sick about this whole thing and just can't let go of hope that someone has him and he will be returned safely. I hope so.

I'm right there with you, Juliana. My son, who is now 30, looked so much like Kyron when he was 7 that I felt the blood drain from my head when I saw the first picture of this little boy. I love the innocence and joy he shows in so many pictures, and it is incomprehensible to me that someone would hurt him.

One of the things that disturbed me so much about this "faux pas" is that if Kyron is alive and being held, how terrible it would be to see or hear that the world has written him off.

This story feels true, for lack of a better way of putting it. Maybe because I've been preparing myself for it. I wouldn't be surprised if we get an announcement in the next few hours that he has been found. I cannot imagine this was reported simply because some so-called journalist read a rumor on a msg board. Puleeze!

I still refuse to believe the SM or any family member is involved. I just can't go there yet.

K
Yes,Maybe we'll hear something by morning.True or not I pray they find Kyron soon.

Our moderators do an amazing job of keeping Websleuths a respectable and the go to forum for information.

Rumors like this hurt everyone's credibility.

Of course there will always be people who blame Websleuths when in reality the rumor was literally everywhere else first like Jbean stated.

I would like to do away with rumors but, especially when locals are posting here, it's hard to limit the conversation that much.

We do our best to make sure malicious rumors do not get posted on Websleuths. We want to try and change the misconception that discussion forums are out of control rumor mills. Not true.

We'll wait and see. I think we all had our hearts in our throats for a while this afternoon.

Thanks everyone for being here and being a part of Websleuths.

Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

Apparently many of us have someone in our life that reminds us of Kyron. My hubbies nephew is one. I pray every day that this beautiful child is brought home. I cannot imagine the horror of having a child missing. I just want to hug everyone involved.

DEWEY WINS! ~ DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN!

It wasn't true, but it was still the (inaccurate) newspaper headline following the 1948 presidential election. A big, fat, glaring 'oops'.

The media has been known to get it wrong even before the creation of the Internet.

I imagine that if -or- when there is an announcement that Kyron has been found, the most reliable source will be from the Sheriff's Office itself, as in a press conference.

God bless you, Kyron, wherever you are. People are working hard to bring you home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back