Spoke with KOIN News 6 and they said that Kyron's Body Has Not Been Found

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

That's dumb. The only person to blame is the idiot that posted that false story. WS is a place of discussion with many many members, different types of people with a huge variety of personalities. To blame this on WS is ridiculous. MOO that I'm sure will be shared by many :crazy:

:floorlaugh:

I should post all the nasty pm's, emails, and rude posts to me for not allowing rumors :floorlaugh: oh nice try by that person but forget it.

I have to admit, I didn't agree with you before on that. I have completely changed my mind, now that I see what a cluster it causes.

I honestly don't know how many more times my heart can take looking at this precious child's picture. Even if I didn't know he was lost, I would want to reach out and just give him a big hug. Knowing he's lost just baffles me how anyone could possibly cause harm to such a wonderful little boy. Whoever caused him to be missing, may they experience the worst LE has to offer. I am thinking that prison in Peru is too good for whoever it is.
Of course, sad reality is, an atty will be appointed at no charge if the person is indigent, jail and or prison will be a cake walk compared to Peru's facilities, and after awhile, whoever is responsible will adjust to prison life and will be just fine. Makes me absolutely sick.

Well all that this accidential headline told me is that KION news theory is Kyron is deseased and that the SM will be arrested for it... they prepared for the story in advance maybe?

I honestly don't think that reporter from there purposefully intented to do what was done. Atleast I hope not...

DEWEY WINS! ~ DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN!

It wasn't true, but it was still the (inaccurate) newspaper headline following the 1948 presidential election. A big, fat, glaring 'oops'.

The media has been known to get it wrong even before the creation of the Internet.

I imagine that if -or- when there is an announcement that Kyron has been found, the most reliable source will be from the Sheriff's Office itself, as in a press conference.

God bless you, Kyron, wherever you are. People are working hard to bring you home.

YES. I literally LOLed when I saw you wrote that. My degree has a minor in Journalism and that example was almost literally burned into our heads. Anyone with any background of any sort in Journalism is taught that false information is a carnal sin. I don't care if you school in New York City, or some small town in the cornfields like I was.

Yes indeed. They're off my list of credible sources.
Hi BeanE, I don't think one bad apple in the bunch warrants crossing KOIN off my news sites watched. Yes, they made an unforgivable error. At the last part of their broadcast tonight they apologized for this error, told what had happened and that they have taken steps to correct it from happening again.

Ya know, I think there is a lot of different facets of this case coming together now for LE and things are starting to paint a true picture of what happened to Kyron and where he was put. It has nothing to do with a body being found, just an accumulation of facts coming together right now. This is just what I think, my opinion. I'd wager the case is about to break wide open !!!

I have to admit, I didn't agree with you before on that. I have completely changed my mind, now that I see what a cluster it causes.
Claudette, thank you very much. I truly appreciate that.

Often, yes. That way they can scoop a story once it's released. Most large newspapers also have obits prewritten on most famous people as well...this way they can just add current info and run. I worked part time for a newspaper during the hurricanes here in Florida a few years back and we had numerous stories written and pages laid out with blanks for pics and local coverage just in case we were out of electricity (which happened) and we had to put the paper "to bed" on generators (which happened).

It's common for obits, yes, but the policy in most newsrooms is "Do not put anything in print that you would not want published."

(This includes inaccuracies, assumptions, and jokes.)

For instance, one would never add to a prewritten obituary "Lions Club member," under the assumption the person might join the Lions Club before he dies.

I'm surprised the other local news stations aren't pointing out KOIN's 'mess-up'....

I can't see them doing that as then they too are putting this out there kwim?
That would mean the other stations are bringing attention to the garbage that KOIN is putting out there.

I hope so, this is inexcusable. And then for someone to comment that it came from us, hahaha, if we are THEIR news source they need some serious adjustments.

MY BOLD

Whachoo talkin' 'bout? WS is my news source! LOL

If CNN publishes it then it's 99.99% true. That's usually my 'go-to' source of real news vs. wild rumor.

IMHO this rumor was started about kyron was for selfish sick gain. I log in here every day a few times a day around my daily life. Heck, sometimes if I'm on my android phone I fall asleep reading here late at night . Certainly I don't come here in hopes of a child to be found dead. I do however come here in hopes of reading about someone finding a child VERY ALIVE. Sorry if this post was rude.

MOO MOO MOO MOO

I have nothing useful to add to this thread I just wanted a place to express my sincere heartache. I think about this poor boy day and night. There are so many rumors and theories but it seems the truth is that no one has any clue what happened to him.

It is so difficult to keep faith when things like this happen and what happened to little Ethan. I feel like a terrible person for questioning my faith but it's so hard to hold on to when these innocent babies are taken in such a horrid way. WHY???! :( I just don't understand...

YES. I literally LOLed when I saw you wrote that. My degree has a minor in Journalism and that example was almost literally burned into our heads. Anyone with any background of any sort in Journalism is taught that false information is a carnal sin. I don't care if you school in New York City, or some small town in the cornfields like I was.

A cardinal sin it definitely is (and though I did do my degree in writing in NYC, it's the rule of thumb everywhere, even for the kids). It's funny how we know this but the seasoned pros don't, or have forgotten. Perhaps it's because we are parents or simply caring people who feel for the real people living these horrible stories. They aren't just stories, but the raw, painful and terrifying things affecting real people. If this is killing us, complete strangers, how must the Hormans feel? I don't know what I would do if I saw something like that when my child was missing. Kyron is not just a headline. He's a little boy, missing and, quite possibly, worse. I've seen such horrible reporting across the board from most of those news sites...either incorrect facts, typos, and utter speculation, not to mention sensationalism. I'd love to believe that they are all playing along to an unknown script written by a very cunning LE, but I doubt that. I could care less about journalists probing into the private affairs of stars, but capitalizing on the suffering of innocent children and their families is unforgivable.

Off my rant now. I pray that I am never in this situation and hope the Hormans and their friends stay well away from the Internet.

SBM
...I should post all the nasty pm's, emails, and rude posts to me for not allowing rumors :floorlaugh: oh nice try by that person but forget it...

WS is certainly a place that provokes strong and differing opinion; it is to be expected, but "nasty" and "rude" communication is inappropriate and unnecessary ESPECIALLY TO ADMINS AND MODS. I'm appalled to hear this. I would hope that an opposing point of view could be presented with one's most persuasive argument and then left to stand on its own. In turn, it should be received with fair-mindedness. Foul words and attitudes aren't going to bring someone around; quite the opposite. It is not legitimate rhetoric, especially among compatriots such as ourselves.

This situation reminds me of the Trenton Duckett case, in which some think a rumour/report about his body being found is what perhaps led to his mother's suicide, IIRC.

Can not imagine what it would be like to read a headline like that out of the blue, only to have it repealed, etc. Heartbreaking, discombobulating... A nightmare of misinformation.

SBM

WS is certainly a place that provokes strong and differing opinion; it is to be expected, but "nasty" and "rude" communication is inappropriate and unnecessary ESPECIALLY TO ADMINS AND MODS. I'm appalled to hear this. I would hope that an opposing point of view could be presented with one's most persuasive argument and then left to stand on its own. In turn, it should be received with fair-mindedness. Foul words and attitudes aren't going to bring someone around; quite the opposite. It is not legitimate rhetoric, especially among compatriots such as ourselves.

Agreed. Not sure if you were implying this or not, but just want to point out I was not one of those people sending the nasty-grams. I have more class than that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back