Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Mysteriew!!! I love it!!! Thanks for picking up the ball and running with it. See what people can do when they put their heads together!! Woohoo! ( Trino~ I like the idea of national, too!)

I would like to try to start this in our area (sudden rash of missing women)! It gives a spotlight to those families who haven't had their chance to be visible in our media.

You certainly have made my day! Hugs~

How about you making a sticky note that would allow our other members to know what you are up to so they can write some emails to your area and possibly get their areas to participate? (I bet the great mods around here would help you!)

Re: Missing Person's Day

Why not go nationwide?

If we can get one city to do it, then we can later talk to other cities and show that this city did it. Esp. if they start locating bodies.

Any locals here who would be willing to help locate websites/email addys for the area media? Radio stations too.

Wouldn't the perp still leave behind DNA?
Surely someone saw DP driving that night.

Hopefully, LE has information that we don't. I find it hard to believe that someone didn't see him, and I'm hoping they come forward. Surely someone saw something that can be of help.

Hopefully, LE has information that we don't. I find it hard to believe that someone didn't see him, and I'm hoping they come forward. Surely someone saw something that can be of help.

Ehhhh .. I don't think someone "surely" saw anything at all. If you recall earlier threads, even Sharon Bychowski can't be "sure" as to when Stacy's car was in the driveway or out of the driveway, and she's the next door neighbor -- and she's also someone who feels Stacy didn't just run away. WHY can't she be sure? Because she didn't know she'd have to look ....... that day. We are all so busy .. she didn't think she needed to record when her neighbor's car was present or was not.

I don't think people are willing to put their best recollection "to the test," overall. It's not that reliable -- especially if they weren't on the 'look out' from the onset of a situation.

I absolutely agree (feel) LE has information (LOTS of it) that they haven't shared. But, if they had anything strong, DP would've been arrested by now, IMO.

Ehhhh
I absolutely agree (feel) LE has information (LOTS of it) that they haven't shared. But, if they had anything strong, DP would've been arrested by now, IMO.

Hi MaddyDecaf, welcome to ws.:)

Just from other cases I have followed (Melinda Duckett to name one for example) I'm thinking LE has enough evidence to arrest DP, but holding out hoping he will lead them to Stacy. In my opinion I think Drew is being followed everywhere he goes.

justbetweenus

I agree, but also feel that LE needs some more "solid" evidence before the prosecutor feels that he can take this case before a jury, especially since Brodsky has so much "innenudo" (sp?) that MIGHT make a jury feel that there is "reasonable doubt" in their minds to render a guilty verdict.

No doubt in my mind, the LE and Cassandra's family want one trial with one finding, GUILTY!! That also goes for the Savio family if DP is also charged with a murder for her.

Hi MaddyDecaf, welcome to ws.:)

Just from other cases I have followed (Melinda Duckett to name one for example) I'm thinking LE has enough evidence to arrest DP, but holding out hoping he will lead them to Stacy. In my opinion I think Drew is being followed everywhere he goes.

Okay. I buy your opinion and agree they're following him everywhere (well, MOST everywhere.)

Thus, LE already knows he didn't drive thorugh Cincinnati with the kids, on his way to Disneyland/Florida, and mail the anonymous letter ....... right? Right!
:clap:

Good point Maddy! Does anyone really think that LE has actually followed DP all the way to Florida and stayed there and followed his every move??

I don't personally.

I beleive his moves are being followed when he is at home, but I really find it hard to believe it extends to out of state.

What does everyone else think? GPS????

justbetweenus

I agree, but also feel that LE needs some more "solid" evidence before the prosecutor feels that he can take this case before a jury, especially since Brodsky has so much "innenudo" (sp?) that MIGHT make a jury feel that there is "reasonable doubt" in their minds to render a guilty verdict.

No doubt in my mind, the LE and Cassandra's family want one trial with one finding, GUILTY!! That also goes for the Savio family if DP is also charged with a murder for her.

I think Brodsky is the antithesis of an asset to DP's case, but -- my opinion is based on what I think of him personally. And, my opinion of him personally shouldn't have (and does not have) any bearing on his ability to successfully defend DP, should DP need him for that purpose. (I ain't pretendin' to be real shmaaaht, k? lol)

I do agree that Cassandra's family wants one trial with a guilty verdict. That much is obvious. I don't agree LE wants exactly the same thing -- errr, rather .. they're not interested in the guilty verdict being for DP, specifically. I think LE isn't emotionally caught up in the case and wants whatever proves to be true and fair. Proof: They didn't arrest anyone yet. They need evidence which they no gots!

Likewise, Cassandra (Stacy's family) doesn't appear to be interested in what MAY be fair if it doesn't mean DP will be arrested/indicted/convicted. Hey -- don't hate -- it's just what's obvious here. DP being guilty is what's being tauted on other forums. (If you disagree, you are either banned or deemed 'uncaring' about Stacy. What a crock of crap.)

Alas, this is the situation with most family members when facing these circumstances. Arrest, indict and convict someone -- FAST -- and NEVER look at the possibility that the person you want to be guilty, isn't. (Why not? Because then the family would have to come to terms with being wrong .. can't have that!)

And yah, I realize my stuff isn't popular, but I'm not vying for the title of WS Prom Queen ... don't give a rat's banana how popular my opinion may be. I only seek mutually respectful dialogue and discussion.
:crazy:

I want to see the TRUTH come out in this case.
The speculation so far has only been .............. that: speculation.
There's NO case!

I want to add: I'm SO disappointed about that! Like the rest of you, I thought this case was torn right out of the pages of a 'Criminal Minds' script .. but -- it's not happening.

:eek:

I think LE is/was caught up in this case, hence the dredging of the canal, etc. (whether emotional or not)

After that didn't produce any evidence, I have seen a distinct waning of putting forth any resources for further searches, not only by the LE, but the FBI, etc. etc.

I'm not sure if this coincides with all the problems, bashing, etc. over at the FSP site, but it appears that way.

Like you, I am not knowledgeable on the LE's tactics, procedures, etc. in cases like this. They might feel they have close to enough to arrest DP, but need that FINAL tangible evidence that will prove that DP had a direct involvement in either Kathleen's death or in Stacy's disappearance.

btw, how do I get in on the pageant for WS Prom Queen?? LOL j/k!!!!!

Good point Maddy! Does anyone really think that LE has actually followed DP all the way to Florida and stayed there and followed his every move??

I don't personally.

I beleive his moves are being followed when he is at home, but I really find it hard to believe it extends to out of state.

What does everyone else think? GPS????

LE is dying on the vine.

LE is dying on the vine.
I am afraid I might have to agree. (sigh) It seems they only have two choices here. Either go ahead and file charges with the circumstantial evidence they do have or resign themselves to the probability that DP outsmarted them.

Do I believe that DP didn't do it and there is someone else out there? Not a chance. There is simply no evidence pointing in the direction of another person either. No motive. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

Alas, this is the situation with most family members when facing these circumstances. Arrest, indict and convict someone -- FAST -- and NEVER look at the possibility that the person you want to be guilty, isn't. (Why not? Because then the family would have to come to terms with being wrong .. can't have that!)

:eek:

I think it's more a matter of that the family has insights into the character of the suspect than the public does. Family sees personal interactions; they know the little fights and comments between them; they may know of threats or insinuations noone else does....and they are in a better position to have "intuition" about people. While not proof, of course, all of this can bear on WHY a family thinks of a suspect as guilty.

I'm sorry, but I can think of several people in my general circle (friends' husbands and acquaintances, and one ex-family member) that I could, unfortunately, imagine doing something bad.

SS mentioned that she wished media would have a public search for missing persons day. That got me started, because I knew I had seen some statistics for Chicago about missing persons.

Now of the 20,000 a percentage of them will probably return. But a percentage will never return. And a large percentage of them are in all probability dead. Dead, missed, and ignored.

I would like for us to use those figures to try to push the Chicago media into declaring a "missing person's day." As a part of their broadcasts and articles they could talk about the fact that rewards are available in many of the missing persons cases, they could encourage property owners and tenants of those properties to walk the grounds and what they should be checking and looking for (like checking in containers on the property and checking the ground for new areas that may have been dug, depressions and mounds and signs of burn sites that cannot be previously accounted for.) Property owners should be checking out their vacant properties.

It should be a matter of pride for any community to come together in the time of crisis. And when a person is missing, that is indeed a time of crisis. To ignore the fact that they have decomposing remains of once living human beings in their alleys, fields, woods, ditches and basements they own is not anything to be proud of. To not even try to locate them is worse.

Since we have been watching the Peterson case, one body was found in an abandoned home, one was found in a ditch- the one in a ditch was thought to have been there for 13 years.

In the next few days I am going to be sending out some emails to as many media providers as I can find asking that the media come together, choose a date and then go public with the information and the request.

Property owners don't have to be searching for a reward, not for Lisa or Stacy or for any particular person. They will be doing it for their community pride, for themselves, and because that type of search will benefit all the missing. But it will take more than one voice, one who doesn't even live in the area. I am asking that everyone help me in gathering media email addresses and starting an email campaign.

I think this is an excellent idea. I have an idea, also. Why don't you contact one of the Chicago-area investigative reporters with this idea? Renee Ferguson, Dave Savini, or one of their counterparts? I have contacted both of them on prior occasions and gotten fantastic results for problems I ran into. This is huge! And, they just might jump at the chance. Or, consider Oprah! She loves a good story, and she has the national interest to make it work. Just a couple of suggestions from someone very interested in this case and the Lisa Stebic case... both just a little too close to home for comfort.

I think it's more a matter of that the family has insights into the character of the suspect than the public does. Family sees personal interactions; they know the little fights and comments between them; they may know of threats or insinuations noone else does....and they are in a better position to have "intuition" about people. While not proof, of course, all of this can bear on WHY a family thinks of a suspect as guilty.

I'm sorry, but I can think of several people in my general circle (friends' husbands and acquaintances, and one ex-family member) that I could, unfortunately, imagine doing something bad.

I agree. Sometimes it is like waiting for a car wreck- you see it happening, you see the driver but you feel there is nothing you can do but wait until it is over and then point out the driver to police. If you are lucky the police might even listen. In Kathleen's case, she tried to point it out and failed. Then afterward, somehow it seems that the authorities denied the evidence.

I think this is an excellent idea. I have an idea, also. Why don't you contact one of the Chicago-area investigative reporters with this idea? Renee Ferguson, Dave Savini, or one of their counterparts? I have contacted both of them on prior occasions and gotten fantastic results for problems I ran into. This is huge! And, they just might jump at the chance. Or, consider Oprah! She loves a good story, and she has the national interest to make it work. Just a couple of suggestions from someone very interested in this case and the Lisa Stebic case... both just a little too close to home for comfort.

Thank you Lisa Too. Would you mind adding this info to the mission for the Missing thread?

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58373

I have added the contact pages for as many media as I can find on that thread. You are more than welcome to add the contact info for those reporters also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth