Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
State Police interviewed Carol and Dave Brown on Thursday night, asking them if they thought Peterson was capable of harming somebody. The Browns were told not to discuss the interview.

Carol Brown declined to be interviewed. She is worried about the effect it would have on her children with Peterson — Eric and Steve — as well as on her relationship with business clients.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/655142,111707boling.article

The man Stacy went to in trying time

Investigators in the disappearance of Stacy Peterson have turned an eye to a Shorewood man from her past she reached out to just three weeks before she vanished.

Searches have been conducted in the area around the home of 35-year-old Scott Rossetto, and authorities have called him before a grand jury this week, he said.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/655554,CST-NWS-boling18.article

From the article: A police source, however, said investigators do not count him as a suspect in Peterson's disappearance. Instead, the source said investigators have speculated that Peterson's body may have been dumped near Rossetto's home in an effort to frame him as the killer.

This would explain why Peterson said that Stacy left him for another man. He doesn't care that people are wondering why, if she were alive, she wouldn't contact her family. We're supposed to think she's dead, after all.

The man Stacy went to in trying time

Investigators in the disappearance of Stacy Peterson have turned an eye to a Shorewood man from her past she reached out to just three weeks before she vanished.

Searches have been conducted in the area around the home of 35-year-old Scott Rossetto, and authorities have called him before a grand jury this week, he said.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/655554,CST-NWS-boling18.article

He may have spoken to Stacy but I doubt there was more between them. I think this smells like a defense attempt to muddy the water with another man. And, with LE inside sources corroborating...i.e. friends of Drew.

From the article: A police source, however, said investigators do not count him as a suspect in Peterson's disappearance. Instead, the source said investigators have speculated that Peterson's body may have been dumped near Rossetto's home in an effort to frame him as the killer.

This would explain why Peterson said that Stacy left him for another man. He doesn't care that people are wondering why, if she were alive, she wouldn't contact her family. We're supposed to think she's dead, after all.
Wow! Now that is news!

Did Police Officers Protect Drew Peterson?
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3874806&page=1

This article is about Kathleen Savio's reports to police and doesn't mention that Vicky also talked to police officers who were 'friends.'

This is one of the most frightening aspects of this case. Kathleen asked for help and it was never received and Vicky had similar experiences. Now Stacy is gone when she expressed difficulties. I know Drew is the root cause but there are others complicit and do need to be dealt with as well.

This is not an everyday occurance or at least one I am not aware of and it makes my skin crawl. These are very serious issues.

By the time Kitty, wife #3, was in the picture Drew had been fired and reinstated. That sends a signal to the other officers. In otherwords he felt untouchable after that. His fellow officers knew that he was not someone they could mess with and poor Kitty was left without any hope of help. I wouldn't say the other officers protected him as much as maybe stayed away frorm him and gave him a wide path to walk.
They had already seen what happened the first time. This guys ego was really fed by the firing and rehiring..now he felt he was able to do and be anything without being touched by his misdeeds.
I think the best question is why after the other allegations proved true and he was fired, how and why was he ever reinstated? He seems like he would have been a loose cannon in the undercover operations of the department. Who is the person who gained from that other then Drew and the drug dealers in question..there lies the answer to how this town operates..someone who had alot too loose stepped in and helped. Who is that?

Actually CP, when it comes to law enforcement officers and domestic violence it isn't all that uncommon. Think of Crystal Brame, think of Pamela Huber. People were aware of abuse, but even if they asked for help- it was denied, the requests were ignored, and the abuse covered up.

There is a blog that covers the LE and DV pretty extensively called Behind the Blue Wall. It's a very eye opening blog.

Actually CP, when it comes to law enforcement officers and domestic violence it isn't all that uncommon. Think of Crystal Brame, think of Pamela Huber. People were aware of abuse, but even if they asked for help- it was denied, the requests were ignored, and the abuse covered up.

There is a blog that covers the LE and DV pretty extensively called Behind the Blue Wall. It's a very eye opening blog.
Can you provide a link for me? I think I need to read up on this.

One bright pink placard left on Drew Peterson's porch this afternoon read, "Where's our sister Stacy?"

That was 1 of half a dozen signs left by friends and relatives of missing Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson during a vigil today.

snip...Drew Peterson left on his motorcycle before those taking part in the vigil arrived at his home.
http://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=7376167

And again if Drew is not involved in her disapperance, why is he not helping and always taking off? Even if they had problems this is a person he supposedly loved..wouldn't he want for her sake and the kids sake, that she be found alive and well, good father that he is supposed to be?

I AGREE WITH THAT BUT..IN THIS CASE FELLOW OFFICERS HAD ALREADY TURNED HIM PREVIOUSLY WHILE HE WAS AN UNDERCOVER COP..HE HAD TRADED DRUGS FOR THE NAME OF ANOTHER DRUG UNCOVER AGENT AND TIMES OF DRUG RAIDS....HE WAS FIRED AND REINSTATED..THE DEPARTMENT DID NOT TAKE KINDLY TO THAT..BUT IF HE GOT AWAY WITH THAT WOULD YOU TURN HIM IN FOR HITTING HIS WIFE? WOULD YOU THINK THAT CHARGE WOULD STICK?

Thanks and as my earth is shattered what can we possibly hope for with Stacy? It gives a much more sinister meaning to LE and I don't think it is all just some. Just like the some that are prevalent in society. I have to believe this. Core groups of anything that ensure wrongdoing will be covered up is so scary to me.Just like it was scary to Kathleen.

Greta Van Susteren if you are reading tonight I applaud your every effort to get this to the public's attention. You may have saved a life or two just from this coverage.

Thanks and as my earth is shattered what can we possibly hope for with Stacy? It gives a much more sinister meaning to LE and I don't think it is all just some. Just like the some that are prevalent in society. I have to believe this. Core groups of anything that ensure wrongdoing will be covered up is so scary to me.Just like it was scary to Kathleen.

Greta Van Susteren if you are reading tonight I applaud your every effort to get this to the public's attention. You may have saved a life or two just from this coverage.

It is not every police officer or every department. Some police officers would easily arrest a fellow officer for DV. But many times even after arrest- the system will let them go.

Some police departments have made great strides in working with officers who have problems with DV. But unfortunately not all.

I'm just catching up on this thread. I just watched Geraldo, and he mentioned Scott Rossetto, saying that the police don't consider him a suspect. Geraldo read a statement that said that Stacy had contacted Scott Rossetto in the weeks prior to her disappearance. Police feel it's possible that Stacy's body could have been left near Rossetto's home in an attempt to frame him.

After reading the article, it sounds like DP, stalking Stacy, knew she had called Rossetto.

I don't think Stacy called Rossetto willingly. I don't think she would have been going through "old numbers" because she probably didn't keep them knowing how jealous DP is. I would bet DP interrogated SP quite frequently about her ex boyfriends and male associates from her past.

He may have made Stacy call Rossetto (and others) "out of the blue" so he could listen in on the conversation to see if they said anything to indicate SP had been in contact with him or his brother recently.

Wonder why Stacy would have had his number in the first place and not his brother's or the friend she dated.

I don't think Stacy called Rossetto willingly. I don't think she would have been going through "old numbers" because she probably didn't keep them knowing how jealous DP is. I would bet DP interrogated SP quite frequently about her ex boyfriends and male associates from her past.

He may have made Stacy call Rossetto (and others) "out of the blue" so he could listen in on the conversation to see if they said anything to indicate SP had been in contact with him or his brother recently.

Wonder why Stacy would have had his number in the first place and not his brother's or the friend she dated.

--->>>
[quote->Wonder why Stacy would have had his number in the first place and not his brother's or the friend she dated.
This is the best question.

Maybe they just ran into each other somewhere - with two tots, maybe the grocery store. Wonder where Rosetto lives? Rosetto certainly knew who Stacey had married and could have easily found her address and stationed himself somewhere to accidentally talk to her etc. Then WHAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mebleswiata