Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance one of the cars were taken somewhere and detailed or fixed but they don't know where? Whoever did it knows they did it?

I wonder if LE has reason to suspect that one of the vehicles had been professionally cleaned? That could explain some of the lengthy time DP was away from home on Sun. Oct. 28th. If he disposed of the body and then took one of the cars somewhere to be cleaned - probably in another town.

Can't remember which poster was asking about the 9:00 p.m. phone call. But I went back to the earlier threads and I found this:

This was posted by mssheila on 11/4 (Thread 2, page 4)

http://www.officer.com/online/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=38652

Sitting at a desk in his house Wednesday afternoon, unshaven and with bags under his eyes, Drew Peterson, 53, said his wife, Stacy, 23, called him about 9 p.m. Sunday and told him she was leaving. That was the last time her cell phone was used, police said.
"Sorry, I get choked up about it," Peterson said, his voice cracking. "I believe she's with someone else, but I believe she's safe."
<SNIP>

So they HAVE checked her cell records... that's just a confirmation.

I can't find any articles now, but I did read that the police could not confirm any calls to DP from SP even though he said she called him at 9PM to say she was running off with another man.

I wonder if LE has reason to suspect that one of the vehicles had been professionally cleaned? That could explain some of the lengthy time DP was away from home on Sun. Oct. 28th. If he disposed of the body and then took one of the cars somewhere to be cleaned - probably in another town.

If DP was gone all this time, I guess the 13 & 14 year old sons were watching the 2 & 4 year old???

If the teens are questioned, they will remember how long their dad was gone since they were having to care for their siblings.

No - I was hoping they would mention a name. I didn't bother buying the paper because what I wrote is pretty much all the info to report.

This man's death and the death of the brother of one of DP's girlfriends are probably being looked at closely by police since they are a little too close to DP. The Chief wants him fired for reasons not even connected to the death of Kathleen and disappearance of Stacy.

I can't help but wonder if the FBI is involved because of the rising deaths surrounding DP.

There are missing scuba weights, barrel, nightstand and Tim Miller was just on Geraldo saying that they've been looking for the blue barrel for 3 weeks.

I missed Geraldo, but will catch the repeat in a couple of hours. When you think about it............most of us go through an entire lifetime dealing with the deaths of friends and relatives. But, how often are those deaths, murders? Most of the time we encounter deaths due to disease or old age. Some of us will have a friend, relative, or acquaintance murdered, but it's not a common happening.

Here we have DP who's had a wife murdered, a wife missing (probably dead), his wife's mother missing (probably dead), the boyfriend of one of his ex-wive's murdered, and the brother of one of his girlfriends dying under unusual circumstances - suicide that might not be a suicide. This is far too many unusual deaths/probable deaths surrounding one individual.

I missed Geraldo, but will catch the repeat in a couple of hours. When you think about it............most of us go through an entire lifetime dealing with the deaths of friends and relatives. But, how often are those deaths, murders? Most of the time we encounter deaths due to disease or old age. Some of us will have a friend, relative, or acquaintance murdered, but it's not a common happening.

Here we have DP who's had a wife murdered, a wife missing (probably dead), his wife's mother missing (probably dead), the boyfriend of one of his ex-wive's murdered, and the brother of one of his girlfriends dying under unusual circumstances - suicide that might not be a suicide. This is far too many unusual deaths/probable deaths surrounding one individual.

Leila - I know. What are the odds? Plus three of the wives were afraid for their lives and all were stalked and DP is involved in questionable activities as a police officer. Imagine giving the name of an undercover narc to a drug dealer and being re-hired - what's with that? :confused:

Would it be possible to have the "blue barrel" postings at the "Blue Barrrel in Bedroom" Thread??? I have to keep jumping back and forth between these two threads to get all the information in a chronological order. There is much information about this "blue barrel" that belongs in it's own thread.

Thanks!!! (If not, don't worry about it!)
Littledeer,
Cassandra said there was a blue barrel missing from the garage so i don't know how many blue barrels were on the property. We may be talking about a different barrel.

And before we do too much research on chlorine, the barrels may have been empty when he brought them home to use as storage for something.

I've been lurking here since this case started and just wanted to post for the 1st time and say a quick hello. I've been reading the posts and trying to keep up!

I did have one question I wanted to ask. I noticed it mentioned in some of the posts here and in other articles that one of the items LE suspect are missing from DP's house is Stacy's nightstand in the bedroom. I was just wondering what the significance of that would be? :confused: I know someone on here - not sure who - compared it to another case (Cutts I think?) but I'm not familiar with that one.

Thanks in advance and nice to be here!

I've been lurking here since this case started and just wanted to post for the 1st time and say a quick hello. I've been reading the posts and trying to keep up!

I did have one question I wanted to ask. I noticed it mentioned in some of the posts here and in other articles that one of the items LE suspect are missing from DP's house is Stacy's nightstand in the bedroom. I was just wondering what the significance of that would be? :confused: I know someone on here - not sure who - compared it to another case (Cutts I think?) but I'm not familiar with that one.

Welcome to WS Citigrrl93. Glad you decided to post. The first post is always the hardest and now that you have that one out of the way, I hope you will join in.

Reports indicate that the cadaver dogs hit on something in the bedroom, which means that they may have smelled a dead body in there. We are theorizing that the nightstand was somehow involved in a struggle. Like Stacy could have fallen against it and cut her head leaving blood on it, it could have been used to hit her and broke, or it could have been picked up and thrown at her and broke. Or it could have just gotten scuffed up and DrewP could have disposed of it in order to cover up the signs of a struggle.
Do you have any other ideas?

A nightstand usually holds so many things, a lamp, alarm clock, pictures, lotion etc. I wonder what was done with the things that would have been on the night stand? If mine was suddenly gone there would be quite a bit of stuff to have to put elsewhere, was everything else gone also or just relocated? If the nightstand had to go because of blood splatter etc then the other things would have it also.

VB

Blood on the night stand, it was broken in a fight?

Littledeer,
Cassandra said there was a blue barrel missing from the garage so i don't know how many blue barrels were on the property. We may be talking about a different barrel.

And before we do too much research on chlorine, the barrels may have been empty when he brought them home to use as storage for something.

Cassandra and I believe Sharon said he ordered a huge barrel of chlorine at the end of the summer and it was in the garage - it's missing. His Denali had blue plastic shards in it. A neighbor saw DP and an unidentified man loading a large blue barrel, big enough to hold someone, into the Denali just hours after SP disappeared. Also missing are his scuba weights and the night stand.

This link has a link to photos of the vehicles. I'm sure these photos will pop up on the other media sites as well eventually.

Click on Images: Peterson family vehicles at this link

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=5781706

I read the article at this site and it says that calling in the FBI allows them to also use THE US NAVY. This must mean that they believe she is in water, deep water and the Navy has the skills and sonar resources to find her.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/stacy.peterson.drew.2.594789.html

(snip)
Stacy's sister Cassandra Cales says Drew and both vehicles were gone when she stopped by Stacy's home at around 11 p.m. on the Sunday her sister disappeared. But when she drove back by the house a little more than three hours later she says Drew and the vehicles were back, but Stacy was nowhere to be found. Then the next day, neighbor Sharon Bychowski says Drew Peterson asked her to move Stacy's Grand Prix into her driveway next door.

"I said, 'I'm not really comfortable moving the car if that's going to be something they'd look at for evidence,'" Bychowski said. "He said wear gloves. That should be no problem."

If there was blood spatter in the bedroom wouldn't the investigators have found that by now with luminal or other detectors? This is a completely different idea of what might of happened but I thought I would present it here because it ties together some of the things that Drew has said, his son said , Ric Mims said and the Rossetto brothers.

Suppose Drew came home Sunday and found Stacey's phone with the racy text messages to Scott R and then they had a huge fight, as his son said they had a fight. Ric Mims said he stopped going over to Drews just a few days into the investigation because Drew was saying things about Stacy that Ric thought were just not true and not right for him to be saying with his wife missing. They were about her being promiscious. The things he was saying really upset Ric. Therefore I think Drew said those things because he had found the racy text messages..and did not beleive they were innocent joking between two friends, even though that is what it appears to be.

So they have fight, he hits and hurts Stacy, but hasn't killed her yet. Stacy may have left in her car that afternoon to go to the Rossetto brothers, one for medical treatment and two to hide out until Drew calmed down. But she never makes it there because Drew follows her, Drew's son said Mom and Dad had a fight and Dad left and went to look for her.

Suppose on the way there Drew forces Stacy's car off the road and is enraged that she would leave and head out possibly toward Rossetto's and murders her. He stashes her body somewhere ( car trunk, or maybe in a field, etc.) Goes to his friend the drug dealers, brings him to their house to help him with the blue barrell and they load that up and take off with that and the weights and the broken nightstand. They retrieve Stacy's body, put her in the barrell with weights. Seal the barrell and head towards deep water to sink it and all the evidence.

The drug dealer helps Drew by driving one of the cars back and Drew drives the other, then Drew drives the dealer back home or to a bar or whatever. And Drew comes home and settles in for what he thinks will be simply a story about a runaway wife.

This scenero combines the fact about in Drew's mind she left with another man, although she never made it there, the 25K which he probably gave the drug dealer who helped, the son saying there was a fight and Drew left to find Stacy, which would mean she had left the house as far as her son knew, the blue barrell and her text messages to Scott Rossetto. In Drew's mind this combines fact with fiction, but just enough fact to feel secure that if they check they will see that his story has accurate info.
What do you think about this?

That wouldn't explain the heavy blue rubbermaid container that was removed from the upstairs bedroom, or the hit the cadaver dogs made upstairs.

The blue container may have had the broken night stand and it's contents in there. The cadaver dog may have been hitting on Stacy's death scent if Drew killed her and got in the car or Drew killed her in the car, and cleaned up the bedroom when he got back but before he cleaned himself up then the death scent may have still been present.

Welcome to Websleuths Citigrrl93! :)

As others have said, the nightstand might have been broken in an argument or have blood evidence on it, The Bobby Cutts case happened earlier this year and is somewhat similar. Cutts was a police officer who had fathered one child, a two-year-old boy at the time of the murder, with Jessie Marie Davis. Davis was very pregnant with her second child. Jessie's mother called Jessie and after more than 24 hours of calling and not getting an answer, went to Jessie's home. The two-year-old little boy was alone, Jessie's bedroom was in shambles, her bedspread was missing, a lamp shade gone, and an area of carpet had bleach on it. Search parties searched for Jessie for more than a week and finally Bobby Cutts confessed to murdering her. There's a board here at WS devoted to that case here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126

State Police investigators, who are leading the probe into the 23-year-old Bolingbrook mother's disappearance, are looking for anyone who saw vehicles owned by Stacy Peterson or her husband, Drew, on Oct. 28 or 29 -- when she vanished.

snip...Stacy Peterson's family members say they last saw her at 11:30 p.m. on Oct. 27. Drew Peterson, who resigned from the Bolingbrook Police Department after his wife vanished, said he last saw her about 11 a.m. Oct. 28. Her cell phone was last used at 9 p.m. that day, according to the State Police.

snip...FBI spokesman Ross Rice said the agency has no reason to believe federal laws were broken, which would give it jurisdiction. But it has agreed to help, he said, just as it has with the ongoing investigation of another missing suburban woman: Lisa Stebic of Plainfield, who vanished April 30.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/666625,CST-NWS-boling25s1.article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member