Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And it was also before Stacy's mother, Christie Cales, went missing!
I thought he could be involved in that but then I read some information posted on another site that they (Mom and Stacy) were in Florida then? :confused:

I don't think he thought ahead that far ~ that Kathleen would be exhumed and a ME would say it is homicide. He'll really have a problem if the state's ME agrees with Dr. Baden but still it might be hard to bring charges against him.

From what I read here, it was said that Drew P said that his alibi for Kathleen's death was Stacy and Rick replied something like it sucks to be you. I took Ric's reply to mean that the conversation probably took place about the same time that Kathleen's death was brought up again and that Stacy was already missing. I thought it was especially interesting in that most media articles indicate that Drew P was the watch commander that weekend. If he was watch commander, would he have worked that weekend?

I believe, IIRC, that it's been stated that Kathleen started receiving letters about Drew fooling around with different young girls. Which letter and what the date of the letter Stacy is mentioned in hasn't been confirmed. However, Steve Huff has this on his site.

Drew allegedly met the girls while working as some kind of mentor or teacher for the Bolingbrook Police Department's police cadet program.

Kathleen's friend continued: "Kathy stated that she'd called and told BPD about him with the girls, and, specifically one named Stacey, (that Drew had started fooling around with her when she was 16) but that they refused to do anything about it. She said that for awhile there would be a BPD car outside her house off and on, just parked across the street."

Savio allegedly said these things to her friend in the fall of 2003.

http://www.truecrimeweblog.com/2007/11/disappearance-of-stacy-peterson-what.html

From what I read here, it was said that Drew P said that his alibi for Kathleen's death was Stacy and Rick replied something like it sucks to be you. I took Ric's reply to mean that the conversation probably took place about the same time that Kathleen's death was brought up again and that Stacy was already missing. I thought it was especially interesting in that most media articles indicate that Drew P was the watch commander that weekend. If he was watch commander, would he have worked that weekend?
I'd think so. A watch commander is a patrol supervisor.

I believe, IIRC, that it's been stated that Kathleen started receiving letters about Drew fooling around with different young girls. Which letter and what the date of the letter Stacy is mentioned in hasn't been confirmed. However, Steve Huff has this on his site.

Drew allegedly met the girls while working as some kind of mentor or teacher for the Bolingbrook Police Department's police cadet program.

Kathleen's friend continued: "Kathy stated that she'd called and told BPD about him with the girls, and, specifically one named Stacey, (that Drew had started fooling around with her when she was 16) but that they refused to do anything about it. She said that for awhile there would be a BPD car outside her house off and on, just parked across the street."

Savio allegedly said these things to her friend in the fall of 2003.

http://www.truecrimeweblog.com/2007/11/disappearance-of-stacy-peterson-what.html
His information is usually very reliable, imo.

After some looking I found this article, it has a statement from the inquest at the time of Savio's death, only 2 times in the duration of the Peterson case have I heard anything about DP's alibi, it really got me thinking
From the article:
http://www.chicagosuburbannews.com/batavia/homepage/x187558353
During testimony at a Will County Coroner’s inquest following Savio’s death, Illinois State Police Special Agent Herbert B. Hardy said Drew Peterson was with his children that weekend and “his whereabouts were totally accounted for that whole weekend,” according to a transcript of the inquest.
from Ric Mims:
http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=50297
And in another twist in the case: Drew Peterson's friend Ric Mims tells AMW correspondent Jon Leiberman that when Drew Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, was found dead in a bathtub in 2004, Drew told cops he had an alibi: his fourth wife. Ric says, "He mentioned to me that he was with the kids and Stacy was his alibi. I told him 'it sucks to be you now, because Stacy is gone and they are re-opening the case.'"

I just can't buy it, that he never left his wife and children all weekend, being that he was on patrol when he actually went to her house and found her. I just don't think that there were enough questions about Kathleen's manner of death.

I posted this over at Katleens page but as it pertains to Stacy being who he now says would have been his alibi, I'll leave it here too. It's funny the only thing on the inquest transcript says he was with his children , no mention of Stacy, makes me wonder if there was a reason. Only speculating but some separation/divorce agreements stipulate that during visitation the children can not be in the house with another woman/man that the ex-spouse is not married to. I could think of no other reason that it would not just come out and list Stacy back then also.

After some looking I found this article, it has a statement from the inquest at the time of Savio's death, only 2 times in the duration of the Peterson case have I heard anything about DP's alibi, it really got me thinking
From the article:
http://www.chicagosuburbannews.com/batavia/homepage/x187558353
During testimony at a Will County Coroner’s inquest following Savio’s death, Illinois State Police Special Agent Herbert B. Hardy said Drew Peterson was with his children that weekend and “his whereabouts were totally accounted for that whole weekend,” according to a transcript of the inquest.
from Ric Mims:
http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=50297
And in another twist in the case: Drew Peterson's friend Ric Mims tells AMW correspondent Jon Leiberman that when Drew Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, was found dead in a bathtub in 2004, Drew told cops he had an alibi: his fourth wife. Ric says, "He mentioned to me that he was with the kids and Stacy was his alibi. I told him 'it sucks to be you now, because Stacy is gone and they are re-opening the case.'"

I just can't buy it, that he never left his wife and children all weekend, being that he was on patrol when he actually went to her house and found her. I just don't think that there were enough questions about Kathleen's manner of death.

I posted this over at Katleens page but as it pertains to Stacy being who he now says would have been his alibi, I'll leave it here too. It's funny the only thing on the inquest transcript says he was with his children , no mention of Stacy, makes me wonder if there was a reason. Only speculating but some separation/divorce agreements stipulate that during visitation the children can not be in the house with another woman/man that the ex-spouse is not married to. I could think of no other reason that it would not just come out and list Stacy back then also.

I am questioning that also. At least on the day she was found Drew P appears to have been working as it is stated quite extensively that he was the watch commander. Was he working the Fri and Sat before?

The bruising on Kathleen has been described as oval in shape and it has been theorized that it could possibly have been inflicted by a police baton. So did he work that weekend and could his time at work have been accounted for? Or was it assumed/overlooked/ignored/covered up that he could have gone to the home during work hours?

I should've caught that discrepency too since I've questioned the whole thing about him calling a locksmith to get into Kathleen's house, when he had the kids and at least the older one should've had a key. I do wonder now if he'd had the kids around Stacy and like you said, maybe shouldn't have? These stories get stranger all the time!

I am questioning that also. At least on the day she was found Drew P appears to have been working as it is stated quite extensively that he was the watch commander. Was he working the Fri and Sat before?

The bruising on Kathleen has been described as oval in shape and it has been theorized that it could possibly have been inflicted by a police baton. So did he work that weekend and could his time at work have been accounted for? Or was it assumed/overlooked/ignored/covered up that he could have gone to the home during work hours?
I'm sorry, I think I misread your previous post questioning if he was working not realizing it was about the previous days. Wouldn't he dropping by in a patrol car be more noticeable and risk being seen? I do think the baton is a possibility though, even though that would be risky unless he knew no one would process it for blood.

In some ways being in a patrol car would make him more noticable. But certainly the neighbors wouldn't have paid much attention to the car being there because they knew he was an officer and that they had kids together. And remember the offical word is that her death was an accident. So probably no one asked if anyone had been at the home.
Other possibilities, he parked down the street and walked.
He took his personal auto, like to go to lunch, or an /unmarked/undercover vehicle.

In some ways being in a patrol car would make him more noticable. But certainly the neighbors wouldn't have paid much attention to the car being there because they knew he was an officer and that they had kids together. And remember the offical word is that her death was an accident. So probably no one asked if anyone had been at the home.
Other possibilities, he parked down the street and walked.
He took his personal auto, like to go to lunch, or an /unmarked/undercover vehicle.
Which makes me wonder if a watch commander in Bollingbrook uses an unmarked car? I actually could see him commiting the crime while on duty since he seems arrogant enough to believe no one would question the death and it did work ~ until Stacy disappeared.

I thought he could be involved in that but then I read some information posted on another site that they (Mom and Stacy) were in Florida then? :confused:

I think he was dating other young girls and Stacy came later, when she was 16. It's not clear.

I think he was dating other young girls and Stacy came later, when she was 16. It's not clear.
I'd read too that he'd known her since she was 16, so I'd figured he wouldn't have known her mother. I do think her mother's disappearance probably made him think no one would question that Stacy had done the same thing.

I'd read too that he'd known her since she was 16, so I'd figured he wouldn't have known her mother. I do think her mother's disappearance probably made him think no one would question that Stacy had done the same thing.

When Stacy's mom disappeared for the last time Stacy was living with her Dad and step-mom Linda.

When Stacy's mom disappeared for the last time Stacy was living with her Dad and step-mom Linda.
The Cales family moved back to IL (Romeoville) in 1997 which was coincidentally, the same year KP started getting letters about DP cheating. Stacy attended Romeoville HS.

Kathleen and Drew married in 1992,According to articles, Within 5 yrs of the marriage (1997), KP received letters telling her that DP was cheating. Stacy was mentioned in the letters. At that time Stacy was 13 or 14 yrs old. I quoted the posts and added links on the KS thread here.

citigrrl93:

Welcome to WS! The first post is the most hardest, but once it is done, you are hooked. It happened to me and everyone else here.

Feel free to post whenever and whatever you want (of course following the rules).

Do you live near by the Peterson's or how did the case catch your eye? Mine was the Stanley sisters.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes. I do live sort of in the area - about an hour from BB. The case has been all over the news here and I just kinda stumbled on WS earlier this month. Looking forward to joining in more. :D

I think officers can pretty much go wherever they want to on work hours as long as they are not 'at a call' etc etc.. I know where I used to work there was a few officers who would come in everyday and just talk to me sometimes for hours until a call came in and then they left but usually came back when they were done. DP would of had no problems going inside the house and killing her on the clock...

One thing that bugs me is the police request for tips about their vehicles. It has been almost a month since Stacy went missing. How many people remember a car they saw a month ago?

One thing that bugs me is the police request for tips about their vehicles. It has been almost a month since Stacy went missing. How many people remember a car they saw a month ago?

I don't get why LE waited so long to ask for that information. It's not like they needed to hide who they thought their suspect was. They named Drew weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member