Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go see American Gangster (Denzel Washington). It's based on a true story about Frank Lucas, and if you read NY Magazine's articles from an interview with Lucas around 6 years ago, you'll find most of the movie is not only true, it doesn't tell enough of what actually went on, like paying off a general to smuggle drugs aboard Kissinger's plane. And, in the 1970's! Lucas was profiting a million dollars a day. 52 of 70 of NY's finest were indicted. Incredible!

Can you imagine what the drug trade in the US is today? No wonder cops go bad with the money that can be made from the drug trade.

I really think Drew thought someone else would find Kitty. When he had to return the boys, time ran out and he had to switch to the he's concerned and couldn't get ahold of her and needs to return the boys script.

That seems very plausible. Were the kids with him when he went there? Do we know?

Paraphrasing some of what was said for those stuck at work today. :D

Per Stacy's stepsisters:
Stacy had a new cell phone because she was tired of Drew tracking her calls. Marriage counseling was not going well.

Drew had thrown Stacy down the stairs. In one incident, a family member took the kids out of the house because Drew had thrown Stacy against the wall.

Stacy never talked about having a boyfriend or romantic interest. To Drew any male was a romantic interest for Stacy. Even male family members.

When Drew gave one of the stepsisters, Tina's ashes, he said "When Stacy comes back you fight her for them". The stepsister asked, "Is Stacy coming back?" He said, "Oh yeah, she's coming back."

That seems very plausible. Were the kids with him when he went there? Do we know?
Well, he's told a couple different stories.

First he was taking the kids back, in the other version, he hadn't talked to KP in a couple days so he got worried. Now ponder this...he was so concerned about his EX wife after not hearing from her for 2 days that he basically breaks in her house to make sure she's ok.

Now Stacy, who is STILL his wife has been missing for three weeks and he hasn't looked for her at all?? Heck, according to Rick Mims, they even went looking for Stacy's mom.

And...DP was on duty at the time they went to KP's house so he was taking care of personal business on the clock. I still think he and the neighbor should be charged with breaking and entering. DP had no right to have a locksmith open KP's door.

I was thinking that possibly Rossetto owned a car repair service or something like that. Remember the social service worker that came forward in the beginning talking about Stacy having a fender bender in a parking lot with him? He said she seemed very afraid of Drew and wanted him to settle this outside insurance co and she would pay.

I thought maybe Rossetto was the person who did the repairs for them, and she knew him previously through his bother. Police have said that he was not a boyfriend, etc.

Think that may be close Delta. I mentioned in a post his hand in the doorway photo looked as if he worked with his hands.

Great post (the Piry article) Mysteriew. I hadn't seen that. I'm sure there are many more women that he has hit on and/or dated. I only wish they'd talk about it. More anti-DP to add to the case.

As far as Stacy's journal goes I wonder two things: Was it an online journal, if so the police have probably found it and two if it was on paper Drew probably found it and it went with Stacy when he disposed of the body.

I seem to remember that there was the first search warrant executed and then the police went back with a second search warrant. In the second search, someone on scene said something about finding "it", but didn't elaborate on what "it" was. I remember speculation about what it was that the police went back to find. It would make sense that something the police found during the first search led them to go back to find something referred to as a result of the first search, or that someone - maybe one of Stacy's family members - remembered something and that's what the police went back to find.

I find it quite telling he would say such things. My first thought was...the reason she felt those things...are because they were true, but isn't it curious HE would mention them at all?!

He probably did steal things and plant bugs in her home. Drew isn't the type to just "let go" of any relationship and lose the control he has over the other person. He will make sure he stays in their life (as he does popping up in the life of wife #2 still) and keeps their level of fear going.

This is the very top reason his story about Stacy makes absolutely NO sense. He would NEVER allow a woman to "dis" him like that and just let her go away with no consequences of her actions. He is Judge, Jury, and Executioner in every relationship.

I know someone who is very much like Drew Peterson. In this case, a couple were divorced 10 years ago. The wife filed for divorce from her controlling and abusive husband. From the moment she moved out of their home, he followed her, left nasty messages on her cell phone and home answering machine, and was the immediate suspect when the tires on her car were slashed on two separate occasions. The ex-husband ended up being arrested for felony stalking and spent 9 months in jail. Three years later the ex-husband had a girlfriend, who broke off with him. He did the same thing - followed her, left nasty messages on her cell phone and home answering machine, and did $800 worth of damage to her car. He was arrested for that and spent 4 months in jail. Last December he left threatening messages on his ex-wife's cell phone again, and has been charged with making terrorist threats. He's going through the court system and his ex-wife has been told that this time he's facing 3 years in state prison.

Go see American Gangster (Denzel Washington). It's based on a true story about Frank Lucas, and if you read NY Magazine's articles from an interview with Lucas around 6 years ago, you'll find most of the movie is not only true, it doesn't tell enough of what actually went on, like paying off a general to smuggle drugs aboard Kissinger's plane. And, in the 1970's! Lucas was profiting a million dollars a day. 52 of 70 of NY's finest were indicted. Incredible!

Can you imagine what the drug trade in the US is today? No wonder cops go bad with the money that can be made from the drug trade.

Especially considering the starting salary for a NY city cop is $25,100!

The fact he insisted Steve go in WITH one of Kathleen's best friends makes it even more suspicious.

If he was there to return the children...where were they? He would not have suspected really there was anything wrong that he couldn't reach her other than she wasn't home since it wasn't her weekend with the kids...so why go to all the trouble of getting a locksmith, etc. Did she keep her car in the garage? I think so since she accused him once of changing the code to the opener. He couldn't see if she was home or not! He had no reason to "suspect" something was so very wrong...unless he already knew beforehand.

DP said he had been trying to reach Kathleen all weekend and there was no answer. The logical thing to do in that situation would have been to call her best friend/neighbor and ask her if she had seen Kathleen. Instead, he goes over there and makes a big show of calling a locksmith and having her best friend and another neighbor, Steve Carcerano present. He and Kathleen were divorced and he had no authority to do that. Have we ever learned for certain that Steve is a locksmith? If he is, then that's all the more suspicious.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the welcome.

It's okay with me if someone wants to re-post it on a different thread. I wasn't sure where to post it. I kept the info about this case because it is so bizarre and tragic. I hope it doesn't grow cold.

There is too much here that is suspect. Unfortunately, the forensics and timeline evidence in Kathleen Savio's case are gone and there is not yet any evidence that Stacy is dead or alive.

When you read the articles, you can see the patterns of DP's coldness, confidence, oddness, abusive behavior towards women, and a police department that turned a blind eye. Warning signs were everywhere. I have to search for some of the comments by Cassandra Cales for the specifics on Stacy's timeline and the article in which DP is said to not be an attentive father who let wife no. 2 take his children to their games. I think if this were not America, we could skip the trial and go right to sentencing.

Here are some new articles:
Betty Morphey defends son
http://www.suntimes.com/news/658854,CST-NWS-drew20.article

Chief believes DP violated the law and takes his case further
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/660364,4_1_JO21_PETERSON_S1.article
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4993903&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

John Walsh statement about DP going to airport
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/john-walsh-on-drew-peterson/1874998547

Another DP girlfriend who was harassed.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/660449,CST-NWS-boling21.article

Hi Maureeng and welcome to Websleuths! Your links are very helpful and your timeline is very well done!

DP said he had been trying to reach Kathleen all weekend and there was no answer. The logical thing to do in that situation would have been to call her best friend/neighbor and ask her if she had seen Kathleen. Instead, he goes over there and makes a big show of calling a locksmith and having her best friend and another neighbor, Steve Carcerano present. He and Kathleen were divorced and he had no authority to do that. Have we ever learned for certain that Steve is a locksmith? If he is, then that's all the more suspicious.

Wouldn't you think that before entering the home that an ex might get hold of a relative? To ask them to go to the home or to get permission to enter or something? I mean he 'says' she was accusing him of things he alleges he didn't do. Wouldn't he be fearful of her filing charges for unlawful entry against him and whoever participated if she was alive? Why he could have gotten criminal charges filed against his good buddy Steve by asking him to enter. As a police officer, I am sure he knew that. And also as an officer, I am sure he knew to contact the next of kin in any emergency. Also, police officers are taught that they cannot enter a home without a warrant unless they see or hear signs of foul play.

Wouldn't you think that before entering the home that an ex might get hold of a relative? To ask them to go to the home or to get permission to enter or something? I mean he 'says' she was accusing him of things. Wouldn't he be fearful of her filing charges for unlawful entry against him and whoever participated if she was alive? Why he could have gotten criminal charges filed against his good buddy Steve by asking him to enter. As a police officer, I am sure he knew that. And also as an officer, I am sure he knew to contact the next of kin in any emergency.

Excellent point mysteriew............yes, Kathleen's family lives right there in Bolingbrook, and it would have been the most logical to have called them with his concerns. Rather than two neighbors, he should have called Kathleens father, sister, or brother. It's very possible that one of those relatives would have had a key to Kathleen's house too, as is often the case.

The more you think about it, the more suspicious DP becomes in how he handled that situation. His version doesn't make a lot of sense.

I am just reading this case..... a few ?'s I am sure they have been gone over but there are hundreds of posts to catch up on.......

Drew was married 4 times?

the 3rd wife drowned in the bathtub (so he says)?

The 4th wife (Stacy) is now missing?

what happened to the 1st and 2nd wives?

I also see that Stacy's mom has been missing for years too?

this guy is a sgt..... he knows what he is doing! grrrrrr......

I am just reading this case..... a few ?'s I am sure they have been gone over but there are hundreds of posts to catch up on.......

Drew was married 4 times?

the 3rd wife drowned in the bathtub (so he says)?

The 4th wife (Stacy) is now missing?

what happened to the 1st and 2nd wives?

I also see that Stacy's mom has been missing for years too?

this guy is a sgt..... he knows what he is doing! grrrrrr......

The first wife and DP were divorced about 1981-1982, and although the first wife has stated there was no abuse in the marriage, DP was having an affair.

The second wife also divorced DP, stating that he was having an affair, but she also states that he was abusive to her, both physical and mental abuse. The stated that he told her that he could kill her and make it look like an accident. She has spoken out on this. She had been previously married before she married DP and came into the marriage with an 8-year-old daughter, Lisa, who was also abused by DP. She said he used to punish her by whipping her with a belt. That marriage lasted from 1982-1992.

Stacy's mother disappeared in 1999. She had lost a small child in a house fire in 1982 and lost an infant to SIDS in 1987. She grieved the loss of those two children and was evidently unstable. She and Stacy's father, Anthony Cales, divorced in the early 1990's, and the children of their marriage lived with their father and his second wife. She was in the habit sometimes disappearing for a few weeks at a time, but always came back. In 1999, she left with her purse and a bible, saying she was going to church and disappeared.

Edited to add: There were two children from the first marriage - Steve and Eric; no children from the second marriage; 2 children from the third marriage - Tom and Kristopher; 2 children from the fourth marriage - Anthony and Lacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member