State Motion to recover Investigative Costs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This has always been a sticking point for me because I know she certainly tried - i don't know of any actual evidence to say she did. The CSI at trial surprised me by saying the trunk was not particularly clean - that he'd seen trunks much cleaner - it was a normal dirty trunk of an older model car. But no evidence destroyed there.
And yes, she washed some pants - but in no way do I believe FCA left any clothing she was wearing when she either killed Caylee and disposed of her body in her car for someone to find. I think she threw them away well before that. Along with whatever shoes she was wearing.
Was it something other than those two examples I am forgetting about? This is not an argumentative challenge by the way - just wonder what I've forgotten.

These are recollections from 3 years ago....
CA washed Mama Doll?
Was Caylee's car seat that LE seized really the car seat that was in the white Pontiac at the time it was towed??? (Great debate if it was or wasn't on WS)

The other side of this coin, iirc, is that LE told CA that she could wash those clothes. At that point in time, LE was not interested in the car (who knows why???). They honestly thought they had a "missing" child and the mother was going to HELP them find the child. It wasn't until after FCA lied and lied and lied and lied and got totally and completely busted in those lies that LE said "wait, wait, wait, we DO want to see that car."

I remember this because everyone came down hard on CA at the time, but I'm pretty sure that LE confirmed that they told CA they didn't need the clothes and she could wash them. I don't think CA was be sneaky or difficult at this point in the process.

Salem

Would you, or anyone, point me in direction or to link where -prior to CA washing the clothes that LE told CA she could wash the clothes before LE took the car, or anytime after they took the car, please?

These are recollections from 3 years ago....
CA washed Mama Doll?
Was Caylee's car seat that LE seized really the car seat that was in the white Pontiac at the time it was towed??? (Great debate if it was or wasn't on WS)

Oh yeah - I remember that - I guessed it was because peeps thought there was some kind of evidence on it - but I'd have thought since it was fabric - that one whiff would have been the test. If CA switched the car seats, it wouldn't have been in the car long enough to stink to high heaven like it should have.

Would you, or anyone, point me in direction or to link where -prior to CA washing the clothes that LE told CA she could wash the clothes before LE took the car, or anytime after they took the car, please?

I don't recall LE telling her about that before the fact - but that it was said after the fact. When CA told them she washed the pants.

I am still of the opinion that if there was anything FCA was concerned about on the pants she would have washed them right away at Tony L's or thrown them away. Because she didn't do anything about her trunk, but those pants would have been on "her person" and she seemed to be a fastidious person about herself at least.

White? Weren't they grey pants?

snipped

DUH! Sorry about that. I read it wrong in my haste yesterday. She said white, but was referring to the car, not the pants. In what I read she never gave the color of the pants, but I know the popular consensus is that they're gray.

Here's a link that suggests the opposite:

http://www.wesh.com/r/17133977/detail.html

Also, in her interview with police, she says this, on page 69 of the docs I linked to in this thread last night:

"But there was nothing we saw in that car. And I told the police the only things I'd done is taken the stuff out of the back, put it in the garage just to let it air out. And I had sprayed from some febreze and I told 'em that up front. Just to see if it could get the smell out. And it did smell better as it aired out. But it still had a bad stench, really bad stench that everybody that came up that night into the home. No one was particularly caring about the car."

Regarding the doll and the pants:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8618-504083_162-20067536.html?assetTypeId=41&messageId=10840861

Here's a link that suggests the opposite:

http://www.wesh.com/r/17133977/detail.html

Also, in her interview with police, she says this, on page 69 of the docs I linked to in this thread last night:

"But there was nothing we saw in that car. And I told the police the only things I'd done is taken the stuff out of the back, put it in the garage just to let it air out. And I had sprayed from some febreze and I told 'em that up front. Just to see if it could get the smell out. And it did smell better as it aired out. But it still had a bad stench, really bad stench that everybody that came up that night into the home. No one was particularly caring about the car."

Regarding the doll and the pants:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8618-504083_162-20067536.html?assetTypeId=41&messageId=10840861

Cindy also lies a lot ,even in court under oath.She's not afraid to tell a bald-faced lie and dare anyone,even LE or SA's ,to challange her.

She may miss the peak of interest in her if she waits to long. After all, the case is over for the most part and people will move on...Susan Powell, Kyron Horman, Hailey Dunn...those cases are waiting to break.

Yes, this case is over except for the civil issues still pending. I think people are interested in those because they want Casey to pay in some way rather than just waltzing off into the sunset to live a normal life. It will be awhile before things are any kind of normal for her if she has to pay out all her cash as soon as she brings it in.

The other cases--Susan, Kyron, Hailey, etc., are looking more and more like they will go the same way as Caylee's did. Passage of time will alleviate forensic evidence and either no one will ever be charged or the charges will be difficult to prove. I am just sick and tired of people getting away with murder and more. But when it happens, as in Casey's case, I want to see any possible action that can be filed, filed! These investigations cost a small fortune in many cases and a large fortune in other cases. I can't even imagine the amount that has to date been spent on searches for Kyron.

Cindy also lies a lot ,even in court under oath.She's not afraid to tell a bald-faced lie and dare anyone,even LE or SA's ,to challange her.

All my opinion of course, but I feel a vent coming on.

I agree with you on the lying. She lied in her interview with Dr. Phil, she lied in depositions and she lied in court. She tried and continues to try to play stupid, medicated, etc., whatever is her flavor of the day. Linda Drane Burdict called her out on it when she made her "medication" remark when she had Cindy on the stand regarding the chloroform searches.

My opinion is that she spent a great deal of time preparing for her interview with Dr. Phil, looking for every possible loop hole in this tragedy in order to encourage alternate scenarios of what the truth is in order to avert some of the hate the public feels for FCA. Somehow, she has avoided trouble. Plus, her daughter walked.

I can't recall ever seeing anyone as sucessfully cunning and manipulative as she is.

She is the teacher and FCA is/was the student. They are identical pathological twins. Cindy Anthony should never be underestimated and I feel the very reason FCA is free today. Evidence was tampered with from day one. Cover up began immediately. She should be in jail.

EDIT: SORRY, I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE DR> PHIL THREAD........

Lets wait and see who pays this 97,000-I'll bet Momma C pays it!!!

CA did the clean up BEFORE she called the LE and before she located OCA and brought her home to confront her. I'm poking around for a link. If I find it I'll post. What I do recall is that CA washed a pair of OCA's slacks from out of the car. She wiped the baby dolls face and arms down with lysol wipes then fabreezed the dolls body. She fabreezed the car, in testimony she said that she used almost an entire can. She placed fabric softener sheets in the car. They rolled the windows down to air out also. She went through OCA's purse, not sure what she took out of there. She found AH's job application and used that to find OCA. There was something about a missing laynard that held OCA's Universal (fake) I.D. When she was handing over things to the LE she intentionally gave them the wrong hairbrush. She gave them OCA's hairbrush and not Caylee's as they had asked for. She got busted on that because she was bragging in a letter to either a friend or family member that had given the LE the wrong hairbrush and they turned the letter into the LE. She was in cover -up mode from the moment that she realized that the car smelled like a dead body was in the damn car. That really sounds like a concerned grandmother in search of her missing granddaughter, doesn't it? Nah.

Wasn't the state supposed to file the amended costs by today?

Thanks bayouland - I was just thinking the same thing - but I'm never sure where we should be checking to see what has been filed with the court. I still get lost in the court clerks site.

Thanks bayouland - I was just thinking the same thing - but I'm never sure where we should be checking to see what has been filed with the court. I still get lost in the court clerks site.

I don't know how to do "links" but I heard on WFTV last night at 6pm that judge slapped her with another 119,000 for OCSO's bill.

Wonderful - i'll make note of that - all this time I've had trouble getting into the site that far so that's extremely helpful - I'm keeping fingers crossed the wftv news is correct!

BBM but I'm really wondering now what is up. Seems to me that WFTV would have an article online about this if they reported it on their news but there is nothing on their website or any other news websites that I just looked up that had extensive coverage of this trial.

BBM but I'm really wondering now what is up. Seems to me that WFTV would have an article online about this if they reported it on their news but there is nothing on their website or any other news websites that I just looked up that had extensive coverage of this trial.

I am the one that heard it last night, now I am questioning what it was I did hear, but my reaction was to what I did here was a huge yippeeee! I have looked all day myself everywhere and see no reporting about this. Do you suppose this case has made me lose my mind? I certainly hope not!

I am the one that heard it last night, now I am questioning what it was I did hear, but my reaction was to what I did here was a huge yippeeee! I have looked all day myself everywhere and see no reporting about this. Do you suppose this case has made me lose my mind? I certainly hope not!

LOL. No, I think something is going on. I don't see where anything was filed and deadline was 4pm yesterday. Hmmmmm.......

I also looked at the appeal court and don't see anything there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back