State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess juries just plain scare me. I want to assume that the jurors are competent responsible people. So this guy drives drunk - not very responsbile. My nerves are raw and have been since yesterday since I looked at the autopsy picture.

The pictures were horrendous; I am continually shocked at the inhumanity displayed by Jodi Arias. It's foul, and poor Travis ....well. I don't think there was anything he could have done, once she set her sights on him, to avoid what happened to him. It's so, so easy to be taken in by a sociopath/psychopath. And it's so, so hard to get away.

But Travis's jurors are human, plain and simple. They are flawed--as he was, and you and I are--and make mistakes, sometimes grave. This one was relatively benign, in terms of impact to the case, thankfully. And thankfully, no accident occurred as a result of the juror's impairment.

Right now, we don't have enough information to draw conclusions. Stress, exhaustion, and something as ordinarily innocuous as Benadryl (or any of a thousand prescription or OTC meds) can lead to a DUI charge. We simply do NOT know what substance the juror was influenced by if any. All we know is that he was charged with DUI, and, during the course of the arrest, identified himself as a juror in this case, leading to his dismissal from the jury.

Judgment error? Certainly. But until we know more, we just can't fairly draw conclusions. It's pretty easy to find yourself groggy and in no condition to drive when stressed, exhausted, and walloped harder than you expect by...well, whatever substance.

I am not excusing driving while impaired. At 19, I was hit by a truck driven by an impaired driver and have had pain every day since and lost my first career, ultimately, as a result. In 1999, a truck driven by a drunk teenager plowed through my garage into my living room, sending my husband to the ICU and my kids into ...well, kind of a lifetime of insecurity at bedtime! And I have a handful of alcoholics in the family who created a childhood and adolescence during which I was not only scared every time they left in a car, but scared to get INTO a car with them. Trust me, I have NO affection for drunk or otherwise impaired drivers.

But at this point, we don't know what occurred. I feel horrible for the man---I wonder whether this case contributed to his error in judgment, and know that NO human should have to endure what he and the other jurors have had to do in the name of justice. I wonder how any of them sleep at night, with this monumental task resting on their shoulders. And I suspect that, after spending four months on this case, he is furious with himself for botching his ability to make the contribution to justice he prepared for as he sat in that jury box day after day after day. Or, perhaps it was a cry for relief---the only way he knew to escape the trial. I don't know. I just know that I feel bad for him----he's in trouble (which may be well-deserved), and I can't help but think that Ms. Arias is responsible for it, too.

I am very grateful he did not harm anyone else, or get hurt himself. Thank goodness for alert law enforcement.

If that guy (J#8) was caught drinking just before the trial wraps up, I imagine he'll be going on a bender NOW! What a waste of his time the past 1/3 of a year has been!

:truce:

Well...I do not condone drinking and driving at all.

However, I imagine many of these poor jurors feel like hitting the bottle early and often having to endure these BS circus trial antics.

Its an interesting theory. If she was planning on dismembering him, how do you suppose she would have removed the body parts? Put them in a bag and make multiple trips to the car?

I dont think she could carry all the parts in 1 trip.

How about a large suitcase on rollers!

I would think that she would cover the car seats with garbage bags, and destroyed the floor mats just to be sure that no blood evidence or carpet fibres were left behind.

But if the seats were covered how does that explain the "kool aid" stains. She obviously cleaned herself up before she left the house or imo there would have been blood drops or smears throughout the house so she may have had a bag that got blood on it hence the stained seats when she sat it down. I dunno we'll never know the truth I guess.

I'm trying be here less until Wednesday but its not happening

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

{taking a bow} - couldn't find a smilie for that.

I mean, 20 minutes, that's plenty right? Out of an eight-hour day? On a Friday no less? :rockon:

Here ya go...
knicksgirl2_zps6a5f3d69.gif
I think as long as you look busy you will be ok at work...
chairspingirl_zps74bf4741.gif

I am getting the server is too busy here at ws... :please:

I am sure this has been discussed before but does anyone have a venture on a reason why Jodi waited so late into the afternoon to commit the murder and risking being caught by the roommate?
:stormingmad:

Here ya go...

I am sure this has been discussed before but does anyone have a venture on a reason why Jodi waited so late into the afternoon to commit the murder and risking being caught by the roommate?

Her mentioning the ski masks makes me wonder if she wore one. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I will be so glad when Jodi is put away. She has done nothing but try to besmirch and contaminate everything she talks about or ever touched. Not content with her physical overkill of Travis, she set about to ruin his reputation and drag his family thru hello just to satisfy her sick soul.

She has also managed to bring the eww factor to so many thing, pop rocks, tootsie rolls, braids, etc.

Well lemme tell u something Jodi, I often wear my hair in braids. I do it because I have long hair and it gets hot in Louisiana. I'm not about to change my ways just because you want to contaminate everything. I may even have a strawberry frap one day and enjoy it and smile, knowing that you will never have one again.

Enjoy your time in the limelight now because you are headed for a very dark place where you will hopefully spend eternity. I can only imagine when you die, that it will be like that scene from Ghost when those unworldly shadow demons came to claim the murderer. How very fitting.

As for Travis and his family. His legacy will live on and hopefully his book "raising yourself" (is that the title) will be finished and his family will be stronger than ever. Travis has touched so many lives.

I know that case was traumatic. It certainly was for me. But using it as a standard bearer is like saying there are plane crashes now and then so believing that there is a slight possibility (or greater) that the plane you are on is going to crash, is a reasonable concern.

It's really not.

Millions of planes fly every day. Your odds of being in a plane crash are one in 11 million.

Thousands of murder trials happen each year in the U.S. The odds of a guilty person being freed in such cases are likewise negligible.

Perspective people!!

The very worst that could happen is a hung jury and IMO that would only happen if a juror is mentally ill or intellectually disabled.

Which store? On which day? In what state? What city?

I think she gets satisfaction from it because she hates him. That's why she always has to sneak a peak.

And because in killing him, she sees herself as the victor. She bested him, she is the "winner". The photos are her trophy. She is so sick. She needs to burn... :furious:

Here ya go...

My opinion is that between 4 PM and 6-6:30 PM was the only time that neither of the roommates were home and therefore could not hear the gunshot.

Here ya go...

My theory is that she was waiting for the roommate to leave so she wouldn't be caught and also because she planned for the murder to take place in the shower so she had to get Travis in the shower. The roommate was there when Jodi arrived. And he apparently came back around 3:00 -- maybe around the time they finished having sex. Jodi took a shower (according to her) and the roommate was still there until around 4:00.

Coincidentally ,4:00 is when the last computer activity was on Travis' computer. My theory is that Jodi somehow got Travis to go downstairs and get on the computer with her around that time so she could monitor when the roommate was leaving. Shortly after she was sure the roommate was gone, she got Travis to go upstairs and shave and then shower. That was her first opportunity to get Travis in the shower when there were no roommates there.

I was leaning in favor of the shot first scenario and now have no doubt whatsoever the knife attack was first.

I'm so glad/thankful the ME [and JM] made it perfectly clear, in his expert opinion, there is no way the gun shot came first! [my wording/paraphrasing]

Knowing that the knife attack happened first, contrary to JA's fabricated foggy story, should make the events of that fateful day crystal clear for the jury and help them render the verdict and punishment that JA has earned.

Its an interesting theory. If she was planning on dismembering him, how do you suppose she would have removed the body parts? Put them in a bag and make multiple trips to the car?

I dont think she could carry all the parts in 1 trip.

With all the crime shows I watch it seems that dismemberment is a trend with killers. That is so beyond disgusting. Yuck.

The one picture with TA laying on the ground and his arms up show JA in pants and shoes. So, definitely not nude while doing the deed.

However, I do wonder now that I have gone back and listened to the testimony from the rental guy, is if she changed in the back seat or threw the clothes and weapons in the back seat. He said most of the 'kool aid' stains were concentrated in the back seat.

Depending on where her car was REALLY parked I guess it could be true. However, it was June, it was still daylight when she hit the road I doubt she was running through the neighborhood to a parked car somewhere covered in blood.

IMHO
K
Before she attacked Travis she already have the wapons on her or close by. This is all planned out, so she must have her change of cloth and a garbage bag ready to dispose of the weapons and bloody cloths. After she murdered Tavis, she took a shower (May be even put on her make-up), put on clean cloth, leave the house. If any one see her, she is just removing a gargage bag and nothing suspecious. "Premeditation"

all you see is blood running around his neck and down his back, that could have come from any of his injuries. If you look at the photo his head is not resting on anything, you can see it, hence not resting.

Juan needs to be very careful in closing argument to focus on premeditation evidence and dr. Demarte's testimony and the lack of evidence of travis ever owning a gun, stolen gun from grandma's. Doesn't matter in what order she did what. Focus on what we know. What we know is premeditation and lack of evidence supporting any claims of physical abuse.

what if that picture was snapped "when" she was cutting his throat??

Maybe the trial drove him to drinking. Seriously, though, one would expect jurors to be, at minimum, law-abiding.

not saying this about all people who drink, but i would wonder if he would be a bit more inclined to 'talk' about things with others while under the influence. i know i'm kinda more talkative and less inhibited to say things i wouldn't when i drink.

OT

When I saw this news about this woman breaking in a house through the doggy door, I thought for a minute JA may have escaped. :)
I dont think those doggy doors are good to have for security if people can get through them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/naked-woman-breaks-texas-home-article-1.1327044

OT

My dog would eat them if they did that here, coming in head first! Some people are so stupid (or impaired!).

I had a burglar (attempted rapist/murderer??) try to get in while I was here, and my big dog had a field day with that, biting the guy in the thigh until he ran away to his car. I've never seen him so proud of himself :D :D

maybe the picture is when she was actually slitting his throat. Maybe she was holding up his head by his hair and was beginning the slash wound. I think i also recall that there was a stab wound to his neck along with the slash to his neck. She may have been stabbing him in the neck during this photo also. The picture shows that blood was just beginning to pool on the floor. I would imagine that the slit to his throat would bleed quite a bit more than what is on the floor at that point in time.

i just thought the same thing!!!!

:eek: Have y'all seen this ?

PHOENIX - A local Valley police department confirms to ABC15 that a man arrested over the weekend on a DUI charge was also claiming to be a juror in the Jodi Arias trial .

The arrest happened on Saturday and it was at that time the suspect told the officer he was a member of the jury.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...n-jury-5-days-later-hes-excused#ixzz2RaRfpt3c

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

A brazillion sleuths probably already posted about this, but maybe that's the juror I heard about last night that got kicked off (#8?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofstatelawyer View Post
I still think the knife was a hunting knife. I have really good kitchen knives, and I keep them sharp. And I have to struggle to cut up a chicken. In my common experience, kitchen knives would make inflicting the kind of injuries JA inflicted on TA extremely difficult. I have to deduce she brought along a hunting knife. More premeditation.

My question brought over from the last thread...

If you smell smoke, it's just the gears turning in my head. I too am of the opinion that she likely used a hunting knife. Question is...where did she get it? Are DB or MM known hunters? When she was arrested and they found the knives in her rental car, didn't she say she had to return one to MM?

I wonder if she possessed smaller ninja swords? It appears she was into this type of thing. Just throwing this out there. This chick was a savage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille