State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And how many of you buy a 9mm handgun to take on an all-male camping trip? A camping trip that alarms you so much that you need to take the gun just in case you are attacked?

How many of you would just not even consider going on a camping trip that requires deadly force to protect yourself?

She had killed once. Apparently putting yourself in harms way going on a trip you did not have to go on packing a new gun and knives would lead us to believe she had no qualms killing again! In self defense of course...please.

This why she deserves the DP,pure and simple, she was ready to kill again if needed!

I don't remember that. I have to go rewatch. But she's the one who made herself a suspect by leaving a message for Flores before he even stepped into the house to first review the crime scene. Her guilty conscience was as small as a pea, but it made her act like Tale Tell Heart.

It wasn't a guilty conscious that made her interject herself from the beginning, it was her fear of getting caught and desire to find out if they suspected her. She went to a lot of trouble to try and cover her tracks and perfect her alibi and wanted to make sure they heard all of it.

IMO, sometimes I think he was strictly playing with her.. tossing things out she is not expecting to throw her off her stride. I noticed him do that a lot. Distracts psycho babble.

I agree. Jodi cannot spew her lies and made up scenarios, without a road map to guide her. Martinez stepping out of the gate like that threw off Jodi's storytelling skills.

Well, off the top of my head, they have not and probably will not see the video of her doing all the weird stuff in the interrogation room. (Hand stand, picking through garbage, singing Dido song, fluffing her hair and telling herself that she should have worn make-up).

ETA - We only got to see these things quite recently...

If I was a juror, I'd be on youtube so fast after the trial was over.....

It wasn't a guilty conscious that made her interject herself from the beginning, it was her fear of getting caught and desire to find out if they suspected her. She went to a lot of trouble to try and cover her tracks and perfect her alibi and wanted to make sure they heard all of it.

I don't mean "guilty" as if she felt bad or felt remorse. I meant "guilty" as if she knows she's the one who did it and will have to face consequences if she is found out.

If you're taking a break from the JA trial but would enjoy a fabulous legal thriller, Runaway Jury is on AMC this evening at 7:00PM (EDT). The film stars John Cusack, Gene Hackman, and Dustin Hoffman.

Runaway Jury (2003)

A juror on the inside and a woman on the outside manipulate a court trial involving a major gun manufacturer.

Thank you, Bette. I'm going to watch. :seeya:

Well ... I never thought I would say this, but HH (on HLN) DOES have at least one redeeming factor. I know she plays a role ... speaking for the defense, but she just gave a summary blurb about the closing arguments.

She said that if she were arguing for the prosecution, she would say (in closing), that in all of the 5000 questions and answers while JA was on the stand what is it "that we did not hear" .... "I'm sorry" ... no remorse. Not even "I'm so sorry I had to do this ... blah blah". That is something that should be driven home by the prosecution. She's right.

Obviously, I am not a HH fan, but I am glad that she said something that makes sense in this case (finally) ...:twocents:

eta I misspoke as the decision has not been done yet. they delayed deciding on whether they could bring it up until the next phase of the trial.

I wondered why there was no sound when they were showing the clip of JA and TA together to debunk the myth she was a secret.

Then I thought about what TA was speaking about and thought maybe it would possibly make the jurors think that TA did get a gun for protection after that experience

IMHO. Did we ever find out if it was the DT or the PT that didn't want the sound played?

K

It was a rebuttal. Therefore they were trying to rebut the showing of affection. The words did not matter and we're outside the scope for the rebuttal moo. I would assume the defense objected to the words!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Was it ever explained why we only see TA's texts to JA on May 26th but not her responses?

I believe she deleted them from what we heard in the beginning. I would think that the messages would still be on Travis' phone. Or the May 26th text message was in response to a phone call. It appears now she wanted that rant in written form. Her responses were just too nice to him to be real. It's possible she was setting him up at that time. Whatever the issue was they managed to resolve it. At least Travis thought it was resolved.

I agree. Jodi cannot spew her lies and made up scenarios, without a road map to guide her. Martinez stepping out of the gate like that threw off Jodi's storytelling skills.

Hi, Kaydono :seeya:

I don't mean "guilty" as if she felt bad or felt remorse. I meant "guilty" as if she knows she's the one who did it and will have to face consequences if she is found out.

"If I murdered Travis, I would be VERY remorseful..."

17:00

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSv2ohtbDWQ&list=PLrAJFqIjBGeBWQ8jumn4nJ92njqRQwm0k"]Jodi Arias Unedited Police Interrogation Video 7 - YouTube[/ame]

Yup and at least one juror seems to think this means the coded messages might have been for her. Which is awesome. Lol

That's soooooooooo funny, let em think that. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

since JA's arrest, after watching picture perfect, where she uses the ninja story, i always thought she butchered him up so bad as to make it look like more than 1 attacker, THEN, i saw the interrogation tapes and Flores's questioning where he says it looks like more than one person and was anyone else there--she changes story to the ninjas--that's when i knew she didn't think of that while stabbing/slashing/shooting Travis and she did that without foresight of possible alibis. Where did she turn her tag upside down, was this in Arizona or in another state?or will we never know?

I feel for Grandma, but a part of me does not. It's natural to feel for her, she is elderly and seems distressed. However, why is she suddenly there? Why now with some of the more gruesome parts of the trial?

I really don't know anything about her. Her age means nothing, I have to keep telling myself that. I question if her distress is for what JA did or is it because she believes JA to be innocent and the distress is for JA and herself?

For all I know, she could be very similar to JA. Sorry if that comes off as harsh, but I question her presence.

Well, regardless, grandma hasn't killed anyone. But I see why some might be suspicious of the family's presence.

I cannot imagine how I'd feel if my child or grandchild, or anyone I loved for that matter, was a murderer. I hope I never have to experience what this family is. I don't know WHAT I'd do or how I'd behave.

MOO, but they are just more collateral damage in the aftermath of Jodi and her evil sickness.

Especially someone supposedly suffering PTSD in which the trauma involved a GUN! A person suffering gun related trauma is not even going to want to even look at a gun. And The trauma was her being forced to use deadly force to defend her life and so she is going to put herself in a position where she may have to do so again???

:goodpost:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

She had killed once. Apparently putting yourself in harms way going on a trip you did not have to go on packing a new gun and knives would lead us to believe she had no qualms killing again! In self defense of course...please.

This why she deserves the DP,pure and simple, she was ready to kill again if needed!

YES!! she thought she was being so smart with her reason of buying a 9mm and her camping trip LOL! Can you imagine the jury thinking " omg, she is ready to kill again"

"If I murdered Travis, I would be VERY remorseful..."

17:00

Jodi Arias Unedited Police Interrogation Video 7 - YouTube

I'm not understanding why I'm being shown this. I simply commented that Jodi's guilty conscience led her to insinuate herself into the investigation.

Then someone else responded that no, she wasn't having a guilty conscience. she was worried about getting caught.

Then I said, for me, guilty conscience in my statement meant culpable.

So I'm unclear why I'm not being asked to view Jodi talking about remorse in an interrogation. I never ever said she was remorseful. I hope you don't mind if I don't watch this clip again for the 4th time because I do know what she said.

YES!! she thought she was being so smart with her reason of buying a 9mm and her camping trip LOL! Can you imagine the jury thinking " omg, she is ready to kill again"

And I highly doubt they even considered she was going to off herself.

O/t for anyone that was following april jones search mark bridger trial starts tomorrow

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using Tapatalk 2

Wow. I hope she reads something like this in front if the jury in the sentencing phase. She cannot even pretend to have remorse. She cannot even say the words I'm sorry. Sorry for th pain I've caused, for the life lost. It's I wish Travis didn't have to die but oh well, what ya gonna do. At least he's at peace now. You should be thanking me for that.

That would be a sure DP.

I have no words, at the moment, to describe that vile piece of poison-infested garbage resembling a human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme