State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
See you guys later! I'm off to clean my house, do the laundry, etc. I said it before, albeit incorrectly: "I vvish I knevv hovv to quit you"! (And yes, I'm using my son's old laptop . . . just vvaiting for delivery of my nevv one! You vvon't be able to make fun of me then!)

I have no words, at the moment, to describe that vile piece of poison-infested garbage resembling a human being.

She is just a human shell with the pure evil infested inside

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using Tapatalk 2

Found it, in case link does not work: Jodi Arias trial day 24 (full) by Eonblue3

The part I was referring to is at approx. 2:40 but I suggest either watching the whole day or start listening at about 2:20. That's when JM begins his questions about who she called to tell she was veering off track and going to Mesa first. Interesting that she attempted to call MM and DB to tell them she lost her phone charger...she wanted them to be her alibi IMO that she lost the charger.

http://youtu.be/fuUuumAPdfc

Thanks, I was just about to go looking for this.

I'd love to read a list of all the things the jury won't hear.

I would love it if somebody bought a full page ad in the newspaper the day after the verdict for the jury could read it! Or letter to the editor!

What was the name of the steak house guy last year up in Michigan that did that for another case! He was so angry at something he purchased a full page ad in the newspaper to exclaim the injustice that was going on.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

See you guys later! I'm off to clean my house, do the laundry, etc. I said it before, albeit incorrectly: "I vvish I knevv hovv to quit you"! (And yes, I'm using my son's old laptop . . . just vvaiting for delivery of my nevv one! You vvon't be able to make fun of me then!)

I always read your posts in a funny accent, I bet you can wait to get a working W :floorlaugh:

Especially someone supposedly suffering PTSD in which the trauma involved a GUN! A person suffering gun related trauma is not even going to want to even look at a gun. And The trauma was her being forced to use deadly force to defend her life and so she is going to put herself in a position where she may have to do so again???

That would be a great question to the this Dr. tomorrow if he brings up PTSD.

Thanks, I was just about to go looking for this.

No prob, her smugness is infuriating! Along with her smile the whole day.

Well, off the top of my head, they have not and probably will not see the video of her doing all the weird stuff in the interrogation room. (Hand stand, picking through garbage, singing Dido song, fluffing her hair and telling herself that she should have worn make-up).

ETA - We only got to see these things quite recently...

…and most of all, "No jury will ever convict me. Mark my words!" :drumroll:

Oh, how I want this jury to hear that!

Yes, but the fact of the matter is, Travis did tell a story with two people and a gun pointed to his head. Why cannot the the jurors be made aware of this, IDK. :banghead:

It could be that defense fought to keep this video out and JM agreed to show just the tape without sound. Had the jury heard what Travis was saying they would realize Jodi shot Travis in the exact spot where Travis said a gun was held to his head. jmo

The jury have seen the 'no jury will ever convict me" clip :D

If you're taking a break from the JA trial but would enjoy a fabulous legal thriller, Runaway Jury is on AMC this evening at 7:00PM (EDT). The film stars John Cusack, Gene Hackman, and Dustin Hoffman.

Runaway Jury (2003)

A juror on the inside and a woman on the outside manipulate a court trial involving a major gun manufacturer.

Beth K and our two Katie's are going to be on the radio program of Tricia ....8 o'clock PM. you can either go to web sleuth blog radio or call in and listen to it on your telephone. I do the phone when I cannot get to a computer.

Yes, but the fact of the matter is, Travis did tell a story with two people and a gun pointed to his head. Why cannot the the jurors be made aware of this, IDK. :banghead:

Yeah, I don't understand why the video was muted.

It's gonna be like he's reading Shakespeare.

"Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
Is the immediate jewel of their souls:
Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
’Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
But he that filches from me my good name,
Robs me of that which not enriches him,
And makes me poor indeed"

...from Othello. I hope JM stresses the perfidy and pain of JA and her DT's lying efforts to ruin Travis' good name.

BBM~ Thank gawd they got that part right. No remorse, nope, none. Shame? maybe. Pleasure, yes. moo

Went roaming through old Minute Entries.. interesting.. found this:

Whether the State will be allowed to argue in closing argument during the penalty phasethat the defendant has not shown any remorse will be determined following the close of evidence in that phase.

IT IS ORDERED deferring ruling on this motion until the penalty phase, if any, occurs

I'm not understanding why I'm being shown this. I simply commented that Jodi's guilty conscience led her to insinuate herself into the investigation.

Then someone else responded that no, she wasn't having a guilty conscience. she was worried about getting caught.

Then I said, for me, guilty conscience in my statement meant culpable.

So I'm unclear why I'm not being asked to view Jodi talking about remorse in an interrogation. I never ever said she was remorseful. I hope you don't mind if I don't watch this clip again for the 4th time because I do know what she said.

It's not to address directly your conversations, I have been reviewing her police interviews and found it interesting how she painted a picture to police that if she "had" been guilty of murder, she would be remorseful.

Obviously her only remorse is getting caught (to me). I don't think she ever regretted killing Travis, so for me, I am not sure if she could experience a guilty conscience...I think she is glad to this day he is gone. She won something in her sick mind. Just my opinion, and that is why she deserves DP.

Quoting myself, 'cuz I forgot the other zinger for the jury…"If I killed Travis I would pray for the death penalty." :drumroll:

The jury have seen the 'no jury will ever convict me" clip :D

Thank you! I wasn't aware. Here's hoping they don't forget. :Thumb:

Dr D is right, JA is immatue, the way she refers to her and TA's relationship "we weren't official then" when talking about whether or not they were booty call status or girlfriend/boyfriend, this sounded weird coming from a 32 year old,, sounds so high school

Personally I believe JA's emotional IQ appears to be in the range of a young adolescent - around 14 years old. Not sure about timeframe/onset of psychopathology but clearly there is more to Jodi Arias than has been presented at trial especially from a forensic point of view.

Also wanted to add that on day 24 she admits that she had already spoken to an attorney before calling DF....WTH

I'm not understanding why I'm being shown this. I simply commented that Jodi's guilty conscience led her to insinuate herself into the investigation.

Then someone else responded that no, she wasn't having a guilty conscience. she was worried about getting caught.

Then I said, for me, guilty conscience in my statement meant culpable.

So I'm unclear why I'm not being asked to view Jodi talking about remorse in an interrogation. I never ever said she was remorseful. I hope you don't mind if I don't watch this clip again for the 4th time because I do know what she said.

There are lots of us re watching trial today! I don't think It wasn't directed at you please don't take it personally. I wasn't the original poster but I am sure it is for other people other than you. see you down thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member