State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you need to see JM in action, here he is at a clemency hearing for Robert Towery. He has so much passion and the Towery case seems so much like JA's- he "had" PTSD also.
JM starts at about 20.53:

:seeya:

Snipped by me.

Thanks for posting this. He is SO good and clearly knows the case inside and out, as he does this case. He presents the facts so well and so convincingly.

Love his grey hair :) Very distinguished.

What I have to admit that I am bothered by is WHY did she tell Ryan that she was on the way?

If I recall correctly, she called Ryan before she called Travis for that last time. I'm thinking that she'd decided not to go through with her plan, but contacting Travis and not getting the response she wanted, she decided she was going through with it but didn't call Ryan back.

I just don't know. I'm confused by that.

ETA--maybe I'm going to Wendy's.......

She knew all along from the time she started out in California that she would not be at Ryan's house in time. All part of her plan. She wanted the Mesa trip to appear as though it were a last minute thing.

A very good post, much of which I also can identify with. From one newbie to another, welcome. I hope you post again! It does get hard to do when the board moves quickly, though. By the time I reply, a whole page can elapse. :scared:

Great post thank you

IIRC from testimony JM stated on June 10 the day after she was told travis was killed she called DF. That is when she admits an attorney told her the call would be taped....you should have seen Juan's face lol. He appeared elated by this.

What time frame is this on the tape?

I got my information from Flores report--the stuff I relayed to you in the last post. In his report, she'd called and left a message for him because after the body had been found, I believe it was dan Freeman (or whomever was with Mimi) had called Jodi and told her what they'd just found in the house.

So when Flores showed up at the house, he hadn't even gone inside when Freeman (or whoever that person was who talked to Jodi) told Flores that Jodi wanted him to call her.

Flores said he purposely didn't call Jodi until the next day.

So do you mean that when Flores called her (not she called him) that she told Flores this?

Where am I confused in this retelling? Thanks.

Wonder what Exhibit #1 is? Any guesses?

LET THE RECORD REFLECT Exhibit # 1 is not entered in evidence however, the
Court will retain the exhibit which will be filed in the Exhibit department

I think maybe she was too chicken to commit suicide but if cornered after she fled Yreka she may have pulled the gun on police hoping they would kill her

That works for me! :seeya:

ETA: At least she wouldn't have been able to trash Travis and torture his family.

Starting around 1:50 of day 24 she keeps saying "we" while describing her trip through California. Who was driving with her all that time does anyone know?

http://youtu.be/fuUuumAPdfc

I think I have a theory for this..
1) Her friends/family/auto rental knew she rented the car on June 3th and was leaving for Utah
2) She told Ryan she was driving straight up there and should be there June 4th
3) When she doesn't show up there on june 4th, she can claim she got lost on the way and that's why she's late.
4) If she had told Ryan she was going to be there June 5th, but rented the car on June 3th, the police would ask: "SO you DID plan to make a visit to Travis Alexander from the start!?"

I'm confused by this scenario.

I thought she rented the car the morning of June 2nd. She'd spent the night with Matt and on June 3rd, saw Darryl, went to Salinas, got her hair dyed, got gas cans, and that evening, she called Ryan, told him she'd be there in the morning, which would be about 10am June 4th.

She then called Travis' number. I don't know if she reached Travis because the call was very short.

She filled up her gas cans and car and she left for Mesa, to arrive about 3-4am. Whether she slept in her car and saw Travis or whether Travis let her in the house at 4am, people still debate.

You are saying she rented the car June 3rd. I don't believe she told Ryan she'd drive straight through because she'd planned already to see Darryl, apparently his sister's baby, and Matt before going to Utah.

I'm guessing Ryan knew she was making stops along the way, so I don't know why she called him to confirm she'd be there by 10am. It makes no sense. I'll have to rehear his testimony, something I only listened to once because I didn't like his attitude. But this still makes no sense to me.

Someone will correct me in I'm wrong but I believe she attached the phone to the engine block of her grandfather's truck since he no longer drove. It was well hidden and only found two years later (aunt) when selling the truck.

I think she has a stash of Travis murder memorabilia somewhere. Kind of like what Andy Dufresne had in one of my all time faves, "The Shawshank Redemption."

I'm serious. I bet she has more pix and tokens of her handiwork.

I'm confused by this scenario.

I thought she rented the car the morning of June 2nd. She'd spent the night with Matt and on June 3rd, saw Darryl, went to Salinas, got her hair dyed, got gas cans, and that evening, she called Ryan, told him she'd be there in the morning, which would be about 10am June 4th.

She then called Travis' number. I don't know if she reached Travis because the call was very short.

She filled up her gas cans and car and she left for Mesa, to arrive about 3-4am. Whether she slept in her car and saw Travis or whether Travis let her in the house at 4am, people still debate.

You are saying she rented the car June 3rd. I don't believe she told Ryan she'd drive straight through because she'd planned already to see Darryl, apparently his sister's baby, and Matt before going to Utah.

You're right, good summary!

when JA wrote the family a short (ja's description) 18 page note and sent the grandmother 20 irises, was she already suspected by the family? wow, that must have been so confusing and horrible, did they give the note to detectives immediatley? does anyone have a link for this note?

She knew all along from the time she started out in California that she would not be at Ryan's house in time. All part of her plan. She wanted the Mesa trip to appear as though it were a last minute thing.

And so it does. But I don't believe she wanted it to look that way. Her story from jump Street was "wasn't me," and "I wasn't there." So if she wanted that story to stick, I'm not sure why she'd try to make her Mesa trip look last minute. Her whole plan was to make her Mesa trip look nonexistent.

What time frame is this on the tape?

I got my information from Flores report--the stuff I relayed to you in the last post. In his report, she'd called and left a message for him because after the body had been found, I believe it was dan Freeman (or whomever was with Mimi) had called Jodi and told her what they'd just found in the house.

So when Flores showed up at the house, he hadn't even gone inside when Freeman (or whoever that person was who talked to Jodi) told Flores that Jodi wanted him to call her.

Flores said he purposely didn't call Jodi until the next day.

So do you mean that when Flores called her (not she called him) that she told Flores this?

Where am I confused in this retelling? Thanks.

Start at around the 2:20 mark

Starting around 1:50 of day 24 she keeps saying "we" while describing her trip through California. Who was driving with her all that time does anyone know?

Yeah I'm curious too and she also bought double burgers and double other stuff on her trip. If mm was with her she may try to give a different story after she tries to appeal.

Watching HLN and this Nancy Grace coverage..

Just showed ALV saying.. "If Jodi was a really good liar, shed come up with a better lie"

First time I heard that I said "Please tell me she just didn't say that".. watching again I say... "I can't believe she actually said that"..it sounded like something that came out of Jodi's mouth and ALV quoted her

I heard a "we" in her testimony at some point, too, but it was when talking about showering, oddly enough.

She was talking about showering after sex and said "we," but then she followed it up by saying, "I know I did," which was all kinds of strange to me.

Maybe she's like Smeagol and Gullom?

I'm going to watch this when I get back from Popeyes....or Wendy's....

when JA wrote the family a short (ja's description) 18 page note and sent the grandmother 20 irises, was she already suspected by the family? wow, that must have been so confusing and horrible, did they give the note to detectives immediatley? does anyone have a link for this note?

I would love to know what she ranted on for 18 pages of psycho babble. I hope we will find out someday the contents of the letter.

Well ... I never thought I would say this, but HH (on HLN) DOES have at least one redeeming factor. I know she plays a role ... speaking for the defense, but she just gave a summary blurb about the closing arguments.

She said that if she were arguing for the prosecution, she would say (in closing), that in all of the 5000 questions and answers while JA was on the stand what is it "that we did not hear" .... "I'm sorry" ... no remorse. Not even "I'm so sorry I had to do this ... blah blah". That is something that should be driven home by the prosecution. She's right.

Obviously, I am not a HH fan, but I am glad that she said something that makes sense in this case (finally) ...:twocents:
It's still pending whether or not Pros. can use thatphrase. Went roaming through old Minute Entries.. interesting.. found this:

Whether the State will be allowed to argue in closing argument during the penalty phasethat the defendant has not shown any remorse will be determined following the close of evidence in that phase.

IT IS ORDERED deferring ruling on this motion until the penalty phase, if any, occurs

And I highly doubt they even considered she was going to off herself.

O/t for anyone that was following april jones search mark bridger trial starts tomorrow

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using Tapatalk 2

O/T response: Oh, poor April. Thank you for the reminder. From what I understand, trials in the UK are very fast and may even be over in one day. I will watch if it is available online. I PRAY he tells her family where to find little April's body. (although I don't hold out much hope he will.) What a monster. Peace and love to her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro