State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We southerners know what hot tea is. What we don't understand is unsweet tea!!!!

Seriously, this poor thing had no idea what hot tea was or how to make it. The manager literally walked her over to the hot water spigot on the coffee urn and showed her how to fill the cup and put the teabag in. I'm not even kidding bless 'er heart ;)

Maybe it's a Waffle House thing rather than a Southern thing lol

Seriously, this poor thing had no idea what hot tea was or how to make it. The manager literally walked her over to the hot water spigot on the coffee urn and showed her how to fill the cup and put the teabag in. I'm not even kidding bless 'er heart ;)

Maybe it's a Waffle House thing rather than a Southern thing lol

Yeah, she sounds tea-challenged. That's a shame because you have to have hot tea so you can have sweet tea. Makes the sugar melt right. Then, add the ice. It's no good any other way. :rockon:

Oh, except Florida. I don't think Florida understands sweet tea. Have they caught on yet? Last time I was there, the water tasted funny and they looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for sweet tea.

Thinking about Gus makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth. He is rather slimey, don't you think? He will probably right a book when this is over. I have no desire to read it.:sick::sick::sick::sick:

This comment is from pages back but I had to reply. I missed when Gus Searcy was on the stand so I just watched it for the first time last night. That man creeps me the heck out!! He has that smarmy look about him that makes my skin crawl. Just ewwwww!!! :hills:

Yeah, she sounds tea-challenged. That's a shame because you have to have hot tea so you can have sweet tea. Makes the sugar melt right. Then, add the ice. It's no good any other way. :rockon:

I lived in Atlanta (my dd was born there) and in a very beautiful tiny little historic town, also. Her dad's part of the family has lived there for decades and still does. I love the South and sweet tea :)

If I remember correctly, it was the IT guy that testified for the defense that claimed the two other pics (her and her sister and her and the dog) were taken on JA's Canon camera.

moo

Thank you, I should have watched the earlier testimony before commenting; it was wishful thinking... :)

This comment is from pages back but I had to reply. I missed when Gus Searcy was on the stand so I just watched it for the first time last night. That man creeps me the heck out!! He has that smarmy look about him that makes my skin crawl. Just ewwwww!!! :hills:

He thinks he is so much more intelligent than Martinez. Gus was snarky the entire time he was up there. " NOTHING HERE IS TO MAKE THE PROSECUTOR HAPPY"!!! so funny

I started watching this trial when I heard that JA was going to take the stand, since it's so rare for a defendant to do that. Earlier today I FINALLY caught up with the court videos up to the day before she started on the stand. YAAAAY! Now let's NAIL the b!

EEEK. I was simply pointing out the testimony, not his accuracy. I feel like you went a little left of center on me, so I'll try to be even more clear in the future.

What is my point? My point is that he said you couldn't - not that you were wrong.

I can't attest to his accuracy OR your accuracy because I am nowhere near 'technologically advanced'. I just learned how to reply to a post with my iphone... Feel me?

Felt.

I agree. And he started out talking about the bajillion dollars he makes. Then he goes into a pitch for PPL, mentioning several times it's "only" 39.95 a month! Did he think the jurors were going to rush to the witness stand for sign up forms?? :banghead:

My question is was Gus at the Jun4 conference call?

For me, that's a huge leap because if the police interviewed anyone on that call, they'd say "gus told us he wouldn't be there." How would Gus know, less than two hours after the murder, that Travis wouldn't be there?

He'd be implicating himself completely with a statement like that. But the way he tried to insinuate himself into the case makes one wonder.

Let's play Guess the reason a new trial will be granted!!!

1. Jury not sequestered in a high profile case
2. "Expert" lied about credentials
3. Ineffective counsel
4. Judge repeatedly letting irrelevant testimony/evidence in
5. Lead Investigator testified using erroneous hearsay in order to meet death penalty requirement

Jodi's words on the stand:

Source: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/18/ng.01.html

"ARIAS: Yes. In the, when I got, I got my Helios phone the day I moved to Arizona. The phone that I had was a Motorola Razor, and I put it in the drink cup holder in the truck, I want to sleep in the truck. And when I woke up, I realized that send in the bottom of the drink holder with whole bunch of hot chocolate that spilled the day before. And it basically soaked in hot chocolate all night. So, my phone didn`t work anymore.

I met up with Gus Steve (ph) in southern California. He had a free phone deal. And he let me have the Helios. I agreed to pay him for it. But, I don`t remember how that worked out. And so, as I had this phone, figuring out the features, and then I realized we can record on it and I told Travis, and, we joked about, recording it, and then -- we tried that.

And a few times, it failed at it. Because you have to hit a record button on the phone. And then if-up ha you hang up the phone at end of the conversation before hitting save it doesn`t save the conversation. So he like, when we recorded things like that, he liked to play it back.

And so -- the first few times I forgot to save it. Because it went all one long recording. And then I would hang up not thinking. And lost the recording. And he would get upset. So -- throughout the conversation I begin to hit, save, save, save, so I didn`t forget. At least even if I forgot the last one, at last a portion of it previously was saved.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: So you recorded it at his request?

ARIAS: Yes. "

And good old Gus:

Interview with Gus Searcy - YouTube

BBM .. yeah Ok like A) who sleeps in the trunk .. B) she didn't pay for the phone C) More Travis was abusive accusations ..

Oh and suuuuuuuuuuuuuure her and Travis played around with recording, it sounds to me like she wanted a recording phone for Arizona for her own reasons and once she found one she stuck to it .. IMO she planned to set up Travis by recording him by the time she moved down there.

I believe she deposited 3 cheques into 2 bank accounts. She claimed one account was her "business" account. IDK what amounts each of the cheques were but I believe one them was $200- enough to cover the cheque that Travis never cashed.

They should also add theft to her M1 charge.

I didn't know about that before all this talk in the thread today. So $800 beforehand and $400 along the way? It had to be a different account because didn't we calculate up before in another thread that if Travis had cashed her check to him (if it had come in the mail) then it would have bounced?

And this time she made sure she had a "better" gun!

my theory on this is she thought they would see she has a 9mm ( not a 25 which was used on Travis,) and in her arrogance, thought they'd say , oh, ok, wrong gun, JA has a 9 mm, why would she use a 25? or something along those lines -- to be able to say her weapon is NOT a 25, it's a 9mm

Let's play Guess the reason a new trial will be granted!!!

1. Jury not sequestered in a high profile case
2. "Expert" lied about credentials
3. Ineffective counsel
4. Judge repeatedly letting irrelevant testimony/evidence in
5. Lead Investigator testified using erroneous hearsay in order to meet death penalty requirement

I'll take 1. and/or 5. depending on the spread. And I'll raise ya Jodi representing herself for a few days in connection with the letters.

I'll take 1. and/or 5. depending on the spread. And I'll raise ya Jodi representing herself for a few days in connection with the letters.

I'll take 3 for the first filing which will be DENIED. No-one can fault her DT for trying.

What does that jibberish mean under your name. I just tried to see if it read upside down, lol!

ɾopı,s sǝɔɹǝʇ ɯɐƃɐzıuǝ ɔopǝ

You're halfway there.

Now reverse each letter and read it left to right.

Hint: It's for MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member